JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 10, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 16 reviews)

"12 Years Inflight Crewmember"

Current Employee - In Flight Crew (Flight Attendant)
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew (Flight Attendant)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flight Benefits. Seniority based schedule.

Cons

JetBlue is no longer a family oriented take care of each other airline. It has outgrown this and currently has Weak Leadership. Although JetBlue supports promoting from within, they DO NOT have training or mentoring for those moving into leadership positions, e.g. flight attendant to Team Leader. Team Leaders have no lee way in gray areas or thinking outside of the box. Team Leaders are figure heads and more worried about their jobs than supporting those on their team. Pay at JetBlue is below industry standard although JetBlue expects above industry standard service. There is a reason that JetBlue did NOT win the JD Power and Associates award this year. Our new CEO from British Airways leaves a lot to be desired. Gone are the days of Dave Neeleman and Dave Barger who made JetBlue Airways. JetBlue is all about making money for our share holders and is quickly becoming just like the other legacy carriers who give mediocre service with NO attempt to deliver exemplary inflight service. JetBlue does NOT support it's inflight crewmembers in trying to make their job easier. JetBlue has too much responsibility that falls on it's inflight crewmember work group. JetBlue DOES NOT reward the inflight work group who work very hard, over and above ANY OTHER AIRINE. Currently a vote is about to take place voting in third party (Union) representation. Benefits are below industry standard which was the catalyst for the pilot work group voting in a Union a couple of years ago. Not enough profit sharing nor company match to 401k plans.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that a Union is inevitable and it will NOT mean that we can't work well together as evidenced by SWA who has Unions for almost ALL of their work groups but work well together and continue to make profits.

2. "ticketing agent airport operations"

I have been working at JetBlue part-time

Pros

benefits, flexibility in schedule, nice people to work with

Cons

underpaid for the work that we do

Advice to Management

we need a raise. We work so hard for this company to get paid dust.

"Excellent benefits, poor administration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is ok, benefits are great. 401k, and retirement plans are good. Uniform compensation always good. Great Company to work for.

Cons

Favoritism across the board. Terrible open door policy from management and good luck getting an email replied. No work/personal life balance. Rules don't apply to everyone. Dictatorship atmosphere, Very hard for corporate to know what goes on behind closed doors when your crunching numbers. Human resources is a joke.

Advice to Management

Don't be politicians with your employees. Respect their intelligence and be just and fair. Stop the trial by error training.

4. "Good people, great benefits, too much leadership oversight"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Airline industry perks are some of the best in the world. You get to work for a great brand that people love and work with mostly good, smart people. Once you hit a certain level, it's very difficult to move up.

Cons

Leadership is constantly passing down personal requests that don't align with the larger goals/objectives of the team. Executive team is out of touch with the rest of the company.

"Love the people and the idea of working for JetBlue, but the reality is..."

Current Employee - Analyst in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative company with some really great ideas.
    The Crewmembers I work with are great. In the trenches, teams come together to pull through remarkably well.
    Flight benefits are a great idea and work well for the avid traveler. However it's not a stress free system.

Cons

NO work/life balance.
    Office space is cramped and leadership doesn't see this as a problem. Their solution is to cut cubicle space in half. Taking phone calls is inconvenient to your neighbors and is more than a little stressful.
    No training/tuition reimbursement for any job-related trainings. JetBlue has a great program for those who do not possess a 4 year degree, but if you need anything more than that you're out of luck.
    Most work travel you actually have to fly standby for. Ironic being an airline and you cannot purchase a seat usually if you're flying somewhere JetBlue doesn't fly.

Advice to Management

Invest in your Crewmembers. Apply policies consistently across the organization. Offer some kind of training reimbursement for Crewmembers as part of their compensation. This would demonstrate your willingness to invest in your Crewmembers to promote growth.

"double standards"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good company, good flight benefits, decent pay,

Cons

I have seen a great deal of DOUBLE Standards. Do as I say, not as I do. Uniforms for example. Crewmembers with tattoos, piercings. Tattoos visible, tongue piercings, cheek piercings. nothing done about it. Some crewmembers getting P.G.'s, while others (pets) getting nothing. Punch in times being adjusted for the SELECT people. PTO granted for the same people, VERY often. Low seniority doesn't stand a chance. If you're not one of the favorites, forget about being a lead or Supervisor.

"My job"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with nice people. It's not hard to learn or do. I like the day to day changes.

Cons

Not a lot of times to actually use my travel benefits. Always understaffed. Contract business partners are not very good.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing!

"Its ok to work here"

Pros

Swapping system , could pick up as much houes as you want

Cons

They have a lot of favoritism

Advice to Management

Stop dating employees or trying to hit on them

9. "Inflight Crewmember"

Pros

Growing company with much potential

Cons

Growing pains seem to make the company lose its "values" at times

10. "Ao"

Pros

Flexible hours according to different seasons

Cons

Changing culture not as grassroots as it used to be