JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 3, 2017

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 17 reviews)

"dont get an airline job"

Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Aircraft Dispatcher in New York, NY

Pros

travel benefits and time off

Cons

management, high cost of living in NYC

Advice to Management

start running the company like a real airline

2. "Don't work for jetblue"

Current Employee - Ramp in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Ramp in Oakland, CA

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at jetblue in Oakland, California

Cons

Management. Poor safety for employees.

Advice to Management

Quit.

3. "Am I going to get called out even though I did not give my name in this survey?"

Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Airport Operations in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

I have a great scheudle now and I travel at least a few times a month. I am an people person. I love the interaction that I have with my customers especailly the regular ones. I love meeting customer from places that I have visited, it makes the job even more fun. I have even made a few friends with some of my customers.

Cons

Mechanical cancellations and honestly this swaping shift thing. Someone worked a 24 hour period hour shift and they only got paid straight time becasue they picked up shifts for some people. That is just plain wrong. I do understand rules behind it, but there should be some exceptions. This person picks up overtime and other people'sshifts often, but never 24 hours. The people in local leadership here smiled in that crewmember's face and said wow what a great job, but when that person got their paycheck, it said just the opposite.

Advice to Management

They already know. It is sad that you have to come to a survey like this when you can not get you own issues resolved with management. I was told to go to my values group to get the crewmember's issue resolved and they took a month to respond to my email. I was so upset, I did not even want to respond back to it.

"What goes up must come down"

Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew in Boston, MA

Pros

It all started Great! obviously you get flying for free. and being able to work as many hours as you desire. Great co-workers that are on the same level as you. Long breaks in between assignments. breaks were awsome. plenty of access to computers. Huge screen Television. They give you your uniform. They send you to Orlando for 2 weeks just to train. Basically, you could get any days off you wanted. Your schedule is set. it only changes four times a year. During the winter you can work a lot of overtime lines and you can make a lot of cash. Overall, working with this company was great.

Cons

Leadership, Leadership, Leadership. Management was the worst part of the job. They were the most arrogant, Sarcastic, and unsupportive supervisors and managers that I have worked with. They picked favorites. The people who "suck up" or are the "brown nosers" are the ones that got treated with respect. The reason why I was terminated was because of an attendance issue. I was late about 10 times in 10 months for no more than 15 minutes each time. they would never excuse it no matter what the circumstance. I was involved in a car accident on my way to work and they told me " You are responsible to get to work on time." but when somone comes in and says "I'm late because I thought my shift started at a later time" and they would excuse them. it was ridiculous. This was a very rough Landing for me, I never would go back to that company.

Advice to Management

I feel that as a whole company everyone is fairly happy with the way they work. but if you step down from the whole company perspective and zeroed in on each individual region, down to the city, down to the department, and finally down to each individual crew member I am sure you will get a huge variety of reviews. I knew people who loved the company loved getting walked on and disrespected. while others, like me who averaged 65 to 75 hours a week who just kept taking it and taking it, hated the job. I think you need to do a more in depth review of crewmembers before they are considered for leadership positions.

"NOT a good place to work"

Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

the people that reported to me always treated me with the respect that I deserved, and supporte my decisions as long as I explained to them why I made the decision.

Cons

Upper level management was clueless. They have to respect for hourly crewmembers or salaried supervisors, it's their way or the highway.

Advice to Management

fire the entire crew services leadership team and start again. they have no idea what they are doing and are hardly ever there anyway

"great airline, worst team leaders and management."

Former Employee - Crew Member
    Former Employee - Crew Member

Pros

A great airline, safety and customer satisfaction are very important.

Cons

the worst management -employee handling you will ever find. Merits are based exclusively on personal friendships, Even if they have an employees claims departments, your claims will never be attended and you will automatically become a problematic worker, Those people are terrified of unions, when they see something with a mind of their own, they;ll succeed in letting you go sooner or later. The worst employees turnover in US recent history, you can verify these facts.

Advice to Management

I don't think the founders of the airline or the big shots are aware what their middle management is doing. They hire people with no knowledge of what human relations are. Most of these people were friends of the friends and ex employees and coworkers coming from other airlines. A lot of them were fired from other airlines.

"IT in jetBlue has become a department with no advancement and very low morale. No opportunity, poor leadership."

Current Employee - Crew Member
    Current Employee - Crew Member

Pros

It used to be a much better place to work. The coworkers and other non-leadership staff within IT are good to work with and work hard (most managers and staff).

Cons

Travel benefits are decent, tough to travel with your family.
    Health benefits could be better, but aren't bad (I've had worse).
    IT Leadership has managed to drive morale to very low levels, and make it repeatedly clear they have no appreciation for the staff, nor any intent to help develop the careers of the staff.
    No promotion and career advancement from within for IT.
    Talent and hard work is not rewarded within IT. Poor work, poor results and last minute heroism during major system outages is rewarded instead, preventing incentive to do good work the first time.
    IT Leadership in the past couple of years has hired some inexperienced managers and directors with little technical knowledge and industry or IT experience from various parts of the country to agree to take on work and agree with IT Leaderships directives, staff is paid below market and given no incentive to put in that extra effort.
    IT Leaderships goals are quantity over quality.
    No interest in career development or growth, and it looks like the light at the end of the tunnel is outsourcing.

Advice to Management

Leadership outside of IT should take a look and see what's obvious to everyone within IT before everyone with talent and good ideas leaves. IT at jetBlue is in a poor state and will not be able to sustain the growth and direction jetBlue wants to go in its second decade. Promote from within and stop looking around the country for yes men to put in management positions.

8. "The first few years were good until they made a dramatic change to their reservations system."

Former Employee - Reservations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Reservations in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

The first few years were fine. We had more flight out of SLC so the benefits could be used but they have since gone away under the leadership of Dave Barger.

Cons

Non rev travel in and out of SLC is horible so good luck using your benefits. The culture and moral at JetBLue are not what they once were. Management treats employees like children.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Dave Barger and beg Davis Neeleman to come back.

"Not what you would think."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The travel and that isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Cons

The Values are not applied to everyone.

"MEH"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Beats not having a job

Cons

Poor health insurance, no profit sharing,

Advice to Management

Just pay me average