JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 20 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 16 reviews)

"Airport Operations"

Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Jamaica, NY
    Current Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Jamaica, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Unlimited travel benefits, meeting different people

Cons

Human resource is to protect Jetblue--- no union no rights

Advice to Management

Crew members have voices, opinions and please listen understand before taking actions for termination it's not always the solution

"Look elsewhere if you're a pilot"

Current Employee - A320 Captain
    Current Employee - A320 Captain

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well maintained airplanes and a good group to fly with...at least the ones that have their head's out of the sand.

Cons

Zero job/career protections as well as true codified work rules. Most things can change via email with zero negotiation. Good luck to all of us in the event of a merger...

Advice to Management

People, Performance, Prosperity...remember?? You've got it backwards. Accountants are running this place based on excel spreadsheet computations; they've completely discounted the "people" factor. We will never be the next Southwest.

"Politics"

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New office but no leadership to guide you to be successful. you will be setup for failure!

Cons

Company values not being followed by leaderships specially in IT!

Advice to Management

Tell the truth!

"Every year it gets worst to work in a jetblue environment."

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Orlando, FL

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You can fly for free.

Cons

Ever since the first CEO and founder got released for doing the right thing, the work place has gotten hostel, no values and loyalty towards its employees. The longer you last in the company the more of a liability you become to the company, and the company tries to find any reasons to dismiss your employment. In other words you have to work in eggshells and can't be human at all. Every time you get on a plane your risking your life with radiation,terrorist acts, decease and so on,but they don't want to take care of you with a great health insurance.

Advice to Management

Go back to the roots that Jetblue was build on,taking care of your employees, if they start doing that again the employees will take care of the company. Change supervisors and management that are there now and hire again our founding father the CEO who started the company.

"Yuck!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

I worked at JetBlue (More than 3 years)

Pros

DO NOT TRUST THE POSITIVE REVIEWS HERE! They are written by HR! If you desire to work in a place filled with dirty hipsters whose major life decision is going from a full on beard to mutton chops, party boys and party girls whose only redeeming quality is not driving after a binge drinking session that seems to happen nightly, people who feel the need to mention their "lifestyle preferences" (if you know what I mean) every time you talk to them, managers who are abusive and will lie to your face, then this is the place for you. If you seek a respectable professional environment that actually values some kind of sense of sanity and morality, please look elsewhere.

Cons

Anything and everything. This place is a complete and utter disaster. It's sad to see a once wonderful company get into such disarray.

Advice to Management

Expunge the cancers that are killing this company. When founder David Neeleman was ousted, the company lost it's way. David was a humble and moral man who believed in doing right by the customer and the employee. The company has certainly lost its way.

"rapidly deteriorating."

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

employees are fabulous in spite of working conditions

Cons

Management gets more hostile everyday

Advice to Management

please explain how Alaska who you say is in the sweet spot with us, can quadruple our profit with less planes and 15% higher costs. Tell us how you agreed to a pay review process and then broke your word. Tell us how you plan to attract any pilot with 15% under industry average wages, the worst health care in the industry and below average retirement.

"Always looking over your back, too much gossip"

Pros

Finding another job they really don't care about you, lots of people are upset about David

Cons

They just fired about 9 guys, one of witch has cancer, and only have months to live,
    He is at Tampa General hospital
    Say a pray for David he is going to need it, how do you fire someone that have cancer
    They claim to care about people, well, if they can fire him, they really don't care about the customers, just fake smiles.

Advice to Management

None

"Was Great, not so much any more"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people that were hired when all the other airlines were not hiring. Everyone that helps generate revenue/touched airplanes are generally great people and we all work together well.

Cons

The leadership at jetBlue has all but vanished. The company core values have taken a tremendous hit since Dave Barger became CEO. Most pilots have gotten very frustrated with the many broken promises from the ELT. The company is making major mistakes when dealing with declining morale and pilots leaving for other major airlines.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth, and tell the whole truth. Change the way you receive bonuses so that no bonuses are paid with an increase in total revenue AND an increase in the internal NPS which will force managers to become leaders.

"Be careful with what you wish for."

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of technology. It was a great place to work when I started. A lot of Fun, Integrity, Passion and amazing people to work with. It was the last airline that I wanted to work for.

Cons

A lot of back staving. You have to CYA most of the time because the arrows come from EVERY direction. Everything is about the money and not about the caring for the employees. There is a lot of favoritism. There is no support for the station management team. A lot of false promises. If they like you they keep you. If you work hard and they don't like you or like some else more than you, then you are lured into being dismissed.

Advice to Management

Back up your people that work hard to keep the airline running. People feel betrayed by false expectations of things that have been promised but not executed. The very top sends mixed messages to the middle and the bottom. There is no consistency and overall no trust. Why is it that your recruiting team doesn't tell people during orientation that "this is the last airline you will work for" anymore like when I started. ELT looks like a derailed train wreck when it comes to decision making, specially during IROPS. Wow! What a disappointment.

"They fly by luck"

Current Employee - In Flight in New York, NY
    Current Employee - In Flight in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job
    Free flights
    No overbooking
    Allow you to be part time if you want it.

Cons

Give pilots 10 hours rest but work Flight attendants to unsafe levels of exhaustion. 18 plus hours. Inflight crews should all be on the same duty times.
    Benefits are expensive
    Cheap uniforms
    VERY unorganized during weather or maintenance delays (IROP'S)
    Very poor middle management.
    Very poor pay yet expected to live in BOSTON OR NY etc.
    Long wait times trying to reach crew scheduling.
    NO UNIONS
    Filthy aircrafts, Tv's that are often broken.
    CEO never attends base meetings or I haven't seen him at one in 2 years.
    Offer speak up surveys but never change anything for positive.
    Building a hotel in MCO instead of fixing our airline.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from your front line people. Stop making stupid decisions. Learn from the big guys. How does the FAA let you get away with some of the things you do?