JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 21, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 16 reviews)

"12 Years Inflight Crewmember"

Current Employee - In Flight Crew (Flight Attendant)
    Current Employee - In Flight Crew (Flight Attendant)

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flight Benefits. Seniority based schedule.

Cons

JetBlue is no longer a family oriented take care of each other airline. It has outgrown this and currently has Weak Leadership. Although JetBlue supports promoting from within, they DO NOT have training or mentoring for those moving into leadership positions, e.g. flight attendant to Team Leader. Team Leaders have no lee way in gray areas or thinking outside of the box. Team Leaders are figure heads and more worried about their jobs than supporting those on their team. Pay at JetBlue is below industry standard although JetBlue expects above industry standard service. There is a reason that JetBlue did NOT win the JD Power and Associates award this year. Our new CEO from British Airways leaves a lot to be desired. Gone are the days of Dave Neeleman and Dave Barger who made JetBlue Airways. JetBlue is all about making money for our share holders and is quickly becoming just like the other legacy carriers who give mediocre service with NO attempt to deliver exemplary inflight service. JetBlue does NOT support it's inflight crewmembers in trying to make their job easier. JetBlue has too much responsibility that falls on it's inflight crewmember work group. JetBlue DOES NOT reward the inflight work group who work very hard, over and above ANY OTHER AIRINE. Currently a vote is about to take place voting in third party (Union) representation. Benefits are below industry standard which was the catalyst for the pilot work group voting in a Union a couple of years ago. Not enough profit sharing nor company match to 401k plans.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge that a Union is inevitable and it will NOT mean that we can't work well together as evidenced by SWA who has Unions for almost ALL of their work groups but work well together and continue to make profits.

2. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent culture: JetBlue places it's trust in its employees, something I have never felt to this degree before. There is a great collaborative spirit at this company, and people are generally friendly and easy to work with. This is also a very egalitarian company; everyone from top to bottom is given that same trust, and are encouraged to connect with fellow employees from other areas.

Good location: the office in Long Island City is well designed and convenient to get to.

Flight benefits: at or above industry standard. Great to have, as always.

Cons

Newness (if this is a con): JetBlue is still learning and experimenting. This means certain processes have yet to be defined. I'm personally okay with this, but it may be a larger pain point for more seasoned employees or those from more established companies. Our vision of the future is not defined yet, but it looks bright for now.

Salary (for some): some employees do complain of lower salaries at JetBlue. I have yet to have a year end review and subsequent raise, but I believe my incoming offer was fair (not above expectations but not below).

Advice to Management

Keep instilling trust and respect into crewmembers; it helps us be empowered to do a great job every day. Stay transparent and fair towards compensation.

3. "Consumer Promotions"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at JetBlue as an intern

Pros

Flight benefits and culture are great.

Cons

No work life balance

4. "Great!"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits!
    Good Salary
    Hotels
    Food
    Flexibility
    Great service
    Health insurance

Cons

Many hours away from home

Advice to Management

none

5. "Great Company!!!"

Current Employee - Aiport Operations in Windsor Locks, CT
    Current Employee - Aiport Operations in Windsor Locks, CT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company treats their employees very well with great benefits!

Cons

No cons that I can think of!

6. "Jetblue is great"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are awesome & the people are better. I work in the office but alot of people work from home & consider that a plus.

Cons

Working in finance the jobs are in NYC not SLC so for me moving around is a no go

Advice to Management

You do a fabulous job!

7. "Unforgettable! Best interview ever!!! Best company!!"

Current Employee - Flight Crew
    Current Employee - Flight Crew

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Obviously the perks and also benefits. The opportunities of growth within the company. The hiring process being effective and efficient. How welcoming and caring they all are.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons so far. Well, only con is not having international flights but I'm sure they will soon extend other horizons.

Advice to Management

I honestly want to congratulate everyone who work for this company. I can see you guys put great effort in hiring the correct crew membersto represent jetBlue.

8. "ticketing agent airport operations"

I have been working at JetBlue part-time

Pros

benefits, flexibility in schedule, nice people to work with

Cons

underpaid for the work that we do

Advice to Management

we need a raise. We work so hard for this company to get paid dust.

9. "good culture, lacks career growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has strong culture that effectively encompasses the five values of the organization. Flight benefits are great. Supportive leaders and inclusion of lower level employees in decision making processes.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are poor. Attempts to run very lean, effectively making employees feel overworked and undervalued. Lack of transparency and focus on positives rather than addressing opportunities for improvement is the biggest downfall of the organization.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving transparency and set the tone of continuous improvement. Communicate initiatives, outcomes, and opportunities for improvement rather than producing work for the sake of producing. What is the impact? Ask yourselves what worked, what didn't, and what can we do better next time?

10. "Load Planner"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company culture and benefits

Cons

Schedules can be daunting if not used to working shift work