JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

JetBlue Reviews

Updated March 16, 2017

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 19 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 16 reviews)

1. "jb"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

flexibility, dental insurance, flying benefits , 401k.

Cons

favoritism , if you are pt it is crazy to be able to get OT , who you know is a better way to get where you want instead of hard work.

Advice to Management

They should do individual performance, somehow, like who checked in the most people in x shift, it would be fair and square because there are a lot of people who just do what they want and sometimes management is aware and they do nothing about it. Management needs to be more consistent just like the company would like crewmembers to be consistent with customer, so if it does not start with management towards crewmembers, it's going to show crewmembers the same thing.

"Inflight Crew"

Former Employee - In Flight Crew in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - In Flight Crew in Boston, MA

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet many great coworkers, while in the air, and can build lasting friendships. The work can be exhausting, but the perks of travel make it a fair trade-off.

Cons

Managers that have certified, but have not actually done your job. The ability to "write-up" all other coworkers, in all positions, which can lead to petty situations. The pay and cost of healthcare makes it very difficult to thrive.

Advice to Management

If you have a small enough group that you are managing, try to get to know these people personally. Since hardly anyone lives in base, the family aspect is more important than your average 9-5.

"got old quick"

Former Employee - Ground Operations in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Ground Operations in Boston, MA

I worked at JetBlue part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

free flights, flexible schedule, good perks, travel discounts

Cons

bad managers, weird people, hard work, cancerous jetfuel inhalation

"Recruitment Process Needs Much Improvement"

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flight perks, nice people. Nice Long Island City location. The LIC headquarters is very accessible by public transportation, parking lots in the area if one drives in.

Cons

There's little to no transparency in the recruitment process. It takes months, with constant follow-up on behalf of the applicant.

Advice to Management

Cut the bureaucratic nonsense, and revamp the recruitment process. Not all candidates have months and months to waste on the process. JetBlue may lose top notch employees who otherwise may accept a position with an organization with a stronger sense of urgency

"Senior Analyst Corporate Communications"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst Corporate Communications in Long Island City, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Brand and Product among low cost carriers. Great flight benefits if you can unplug during after-hours and actually make a stand-by flight.

Cons

Crewmembers are expected to put forth 150%. Much like a start-up company; your job role will change at management’s discretion and you may be expected to do responsibilities of three different roles. The corporate office at JetBlue lacks all if any work life balance.

A once young and hip “JetBlue Culture” has been lost through its growing pains. There is poor and misleading communication across leadership.

Advice to Management

“Bring Humanity back to Air travel”…“Inspire Humanity”…”BlueManity”?

Inspire Humanity for Crewmembers! Management should try to be genuine and true to their practices. The core values (Safety, Caring, iItegrity, Passion and Fun.) should be practiced not preached. The HR department a.k.a. “People Department” should truly help and support their Crewmembers more.

"Customer Service"

Pros

Flight benefits, great co-workers to work with

Cons

No work life balance, Take care of work related issues on your own time. you have no time for yourself. The pay is lower than other airlines.

Advice to Management

Do an under cover boss and see what is really going on.

"Absolutely no room for growth. Perfect place to work if you're only here for the benefits and do not want a challenge"

Current Employee - Finance in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Finance in Long Island City, NY

Pros

Flight Benefits are great, and the work life balance is ideal depending on what department you're in. There really aren't any other pros to working here.

Cons

Absolutely no room for growth especially in the Finance department. People who are at manager level and above have for the most part been with the company for 10+ years and there's no sign of them ever leaving the company. The pace is so slow, and often times get bored with work. Management is hesitant to embrace change. People that work here are "comfortable" thus if you want to be challenged, work with smart people, this is not the place for you. The pay is also below average. The health benefits aren't great either.

9. "ok company"

Former Employee - Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

flight benefits
    relatively new company in airline industry

Cons

They switch management and now they only care about money and less about what the employees brought to the table and how they help our custoemrs.

"exciting but VERY disappointing."

Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Windsor Locks, CT
    Former Employee - Airport Operations Crew Member in Windsor Locks, CT

I worked at JetBlue part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flight benefits! You get to fly free! So does your children/parents/spouse and a buddy!
    Cool working in the airport and learning about the flight industry!
    Company values!

Cons

Very strict rules. It's a airport that is expected.
    Management.

Advice to Management

Have faith in your new employees.
    I was hired at JetBlue as an Airport Operations Crew member. I was flown out to Orlando, Florida for about two weeks and passed the training with flying colors! I was told the past few people flunked out of JetBlue University (Training) so they were happy i graduated. However, on day 3/5 of "On the job training" i finally received my employee parking pass. I couldn't find any parking in the employee lot because it was FULL! I wasn't told what to do in a situation like that, so i drove around for a while until i finally parked in the airport garage which wasn't for employees. It caused me to be SIX MINUTES LATE. When i arrived to the check-in station to clock in an employee took my badge in the back to clock in but an assistant manager came out without it & told me he was sending me home... Now i know if you miss a day of training you're basically fired from JetBlue. So the next day i had a meeting with the manager and they came to the conclusion that i had to be let go. I contested the decision with corporate and they upheld the termination because of reliability. I felt like the entire company turned their back on me because i was unintentionally six minutes late. So much money was spent flying me out for training and on those great new uniforms i was given, I never even had the chance to wear them. Great company overall, but the management i encountered there has to be by far the worst.

"Ground operations"

Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel benefits are amazing. Schedule extremely flexible.

Cons

Treatment of employees once they get hurt on the job is horrendous. Used they flexibility againt me. and left me with a permanent injury to my back and terminated my employment. Only abides by the own rules when convinient and also poor management in key bluecities hides most problems that the company has at stations at the expense of the employees.

Advice to Management

Stick to your values. These are meant for costumers and employees alike. Care for your employees especially when they are dealing with injuries and hardship. Also audit your own stations and a unexpected time. You will see what really goes on that's not written on the reports send to corporate