JetBlue Reviews | Glassdoor

JetBlue Reviews

Updated May 25, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • You will not have work/life balance; you will have work/more work balance (in 19 reviews)

• Long hours, unpredictable work schedules due to flight delays (in 16 reviews)

"Terrible ITCS SAP Staff"

Current Employee - ITCS Employee in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - ITCS Employee in Long Island City, NY

I have been working at JetBlue full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Good flight benefits also.

Cons

Terrible ITCS SAP Group with managers and project manager with extremely poor managerial skills and discriminating narrow minded attitude. No actions against disgruntled employees with their unacceptable behaviors. Poor SAP implementation since day one with poor resource planning. New Hires are treated like slaves and ignored for recognition program by Project Managers and IT managers in ITCS Groups. Extremely Biased approach by existing employees and project managers while assigning the tasks or while answering the questions to new hires.

Advice to Management

Outsource ITCS SAP Security, Project Management tasks and SAP program Development services to Tata Consulting Group and save company's cost and productivity.

2. "Customer Service Coordinator"

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Long Island City, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

travel benefits is all that was nice

Cons

manager in their system operations center arent professional and favoritism is high.

Advice to Management

Train managers on how to speak and treat employees. Dont put the blame on employees all the time and focus more on what went wrong.

"Since Dave left... Employee relations have suffered"

Current Employee - In Flight in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - In Flight in Boston, MA

I have been working at JetBlue part-time

Pros

Travel benefits, options to travel and be based at 4 different bases.

Cons

Management treats inflight terribly. Crew scheduling violations avoid. Crew members fired for no reason. Union needed badly.

Advice to Management

You are winning awards because of crew members and inflight. Treat us the way you want to be treated. Stop union busting. It is against the law.

5. "Ops"

Former Employee - Ops in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ops in New York, NY

I worked at JetBlue full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay and co workers are great

Cons

All the company cares about is money now they don't care for the employees and if you have seniority in the company's they are out to get you fired so they can hire new people for half the price. Was great when the old ceo was there and cared for the workers

6. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager, Sales in Floral Park, NY
    Former Employee - Manager, Sales in Floral Park, NY

I worked at JetBlue (More than 8 years)

Pros

Unbelievable corporate culture, great room for upward mobility

Cons

Not really a con, but you'll need to be very savvy when navigating the org chart to move up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

"Hostile and non-caring work Environment (Rating is ZERO)"

Former Employee - In Flight Crew
    Former Employee - In Flight Crew

I worked at JetBlue full-time

Pros

Since day 1, the experience with the Boston administrative office was not pleasant. I have nothing positive to say about the Boston supervisors, nor their employees, nor their People Department.

Cons

Never in my life have i worked in such a bad, unprofessional, hostile environment. The people department were unfair and fast to judge, they are bias to the people they know and fail to be honest, instead they behave passive aggressive when communicating with you. The welcome package is deceiving, the VP claims “Our goal is to provide you with the … resources and support to help you achieve your full potential. We want you to thrive!” his own words on the welcome package, but this was false and deceiving.
    Unfortunately, I was unable to experience the five values JetBlue so dearly holds Safety, Integrity, Passion, Fun and Caring. I did not feel safe in the mist of the crewmembers, instead they made me feel uncomfortable with daily questioning my race and heritage background. The deceptive practices and manner that the People department used did not relay Integrity by not communicating in an open and honest conversation relayed lack of trust. By the fourth day the Passion and enthusiasms was opaque by the supervisor constantly micro-managing my daily task, not allowing any room to process what I was learning. The lack of caring revealed no empathy which clearly is needed while training external hires who are starting in the airline field. I did not have the chance to experience the fun factor from the five values, as I was nervous everyday and felt I was being pushed out and felt very self-conscious about my chances of succeeding. They lied during my interview, I was expected to do a job and the job description changed as soon as I started working. They are not caring and not interested in your success, only to oppress you and make you feel stupid.
    After sending an email to the VP, they disregarded my complaint about the work ethic and bad management in Boston and did nothing about it. Things look good from the outside, but as soon as you go inside, things take a sharp turn to the worst.

Advice to Management

Train management and the people department how to treat the employees with respect and care. They need to learn the value of humanity, everyone one of our lives matters and how to show empathy to the new crew who are eager to get into the airline industry.

"Recruiter"

Pros

One of the nicest offices I have ever worked in. The people are very friendly for the most part. Flight benefits are very cool.

Cons

Upper level management will lie right to your face and keep you in the dark on everything you need to know. The pay is extremely LOW for being a recruiter. Watch out for the rats in the company, don't trust ANYONE. If you're thinking of becoming a recruiter for JetBlue think of another company to join (flight benefits are not worth the BS!!)...they will give you an extremely high number of requisitions that are impossible to fill with the resources that are at hand. There is more administrative nonsense to deal with more than anything and a ton of redtape to cut through that will your job infuriating. Unless you're going for an upper management role, turn and RUN as fast as you possibly can!!!

Advice to Management

Need to be more transparent with your employees.

"Liers"

Pros

paid training and paid hotel for trainging

Cons

lies, lies and more about what training is about

10. "Horrible! Very rude staff and Management. Egotism lawyers as well!"

Pros

Rate of pay was significant but with low yearly increase. This firm does a great job with training! Lots of staff meetings to keep everyone in the know

Cons

The rudeness and unfriendly behavior of staff makes for a horrible place to work. Some of the lawyers want to be treated like they are royalty.

Advice to Management

Check the staff and the time they spend away from their desks.

"great airline, worst team leaders and management."

Former Employee - Crew Member
    Former Employee - Crew Member

Pros

A great airline, safety and customer satisfaction are very important.

Cons

the worst management -employee handling you will ever find. Merits are based exclusively on personal friendships, Even if they have an employees claims departments, your claims will never be attended and you will automatically become a problematic worker, Those people are terrified of unions, when they see something with a mind of their own, they;ll succeed in letting you go sooner or later. The worst employees turnover in US recent history, you can verify these facts.

Advice to Management

I don't think the founders of the airline or the big shots are aware what their middle management is doing. They hire people with no knowledge of what human relations are. Most of these people were friends of the friends and ex employees and coworkers coming from other airlines. A lot of them were fired from other airlines.