JetBridge Software Reviews

Updated Jan 25, 2020

5.0
  1. "Most rewarding place to work at"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Wrocław

I have been working at JetBridge Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- clients are the most exciting companies from Silicon Valley, not freelance gigs (so main focus is how to make users happy, *not* to implement some crappy MVP barely working) - the team gets super close together and are ready to help anyone when they are stuck even if it's a weekend night - the company invests in people's educations and their career - by introductions to professionals from Silicon Valley (devs and managers) - which I didn't ever seen in any software house

Cons

- hiring people working on Silicon Valley level is hard in Europe, so hiring takes longer than we would like

"I have been working at JetBridge for year, running company business operations"

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in Kiev

I have been working at JetBridge Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

At other outsourcing companies you learn the difference between Java and Javascript. At JetBridge you get to have dinner with the creator of Javascript, and then afterwards go to a club with multi-millionaire philanthropists from San Francisco who will become your friends. Working at this company is like getting a Stanford education without needing a US work visa.

Cons

Hiring is hard here. The managers have very high levels of what they think is smart and professional. They are willing to teach you, but you better learn fast. The managers here are very, very intelligent. The customers they get are super smart too. You need to be prepared to work in an environment like this where you are constantly learning.

Continue reading

3. "Demanding job but gave me an MBA in life"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Kiev

I worked at JetBridge Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for the CEO John was the most demanding work I've ever done in my life and I almost quit it was so hard. But after about 6 months I started understanding why he does the way he does, and after 2 years working for him I felt like I got my MBA from USA. When I had a product idea of my own, John encouraged me to quit the company and helped me get funding from his friends in San Francisco. Now to my own team I parrot a lot of the things John said and taught me.

Cons

The company is still trying to figure out European culture, and sometimes the things they expect are not usual for us. They've gotten a lot better as they've learned how to adapt to our culture better, but sometimes there is disagreements especially since 'professionalism' (CEO constantly talks about this word) is not a big thing here in CEE region.

Continue reading

"A good place for personal and career growth"

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Designer in Kiev

I have been working at JetBridge Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. The ability to work on large interesting projects. Which comprehensively develop you as a professional. The work is not monotonous, so there is always an understanding of where to strive and what to do. 2. If you have a question - there is always someone to ask it. It’s very cool that there are mentors who can teach you a lot. 3. A lot of work with people. Inside the team and outside. Develops your soft skills very much. I think this is very valuable in this company. 4. Location of our office in Kyiv (Unit City). Many benefits, free gym on site, delicious lunches. The company cares about its employees in every sense, and this is felt.

Cons

Sometimes it’s difficult to plan something outside of work (sports, courses), because due to the fact that the company is international, you don’t always know the time when you will have to do work stuff (when there may be calls, for example). so sometimes you have to give up something you used to do, but not very often.

5. "Great mentors and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kiev

I have been working at JetBridge Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a very unique company. I've learned how to be a good developer here, got to interview the founder of Alibaba Jack Ma, and worked in San Francisco for one week where I got to have lunch at Facebook, Twitch and meet one of the creators of Oculus Rift. There's no other IT company in Ukraine that would've given me this education and these experiences. I joined JetBridge as a mid-level software developer and with two amazing technical mentors in Mischa and Adam, I've grown my skills significantly beyond my colleagues who graduated with me who were learning CS. Mischa and Adam are both from outside of Ukraine, and honestly I don't know where else besides JetBridge I could have gotten this level of hands on mentorship. The CEO has sold two companies before and spends a lot of time coaching us developers in product design, software marketing and introducing us to his friends in Silicon Valley. Our offices in Unit City are nice, lunches are paid for by the company and they pay for plenty of offsites and events to keep us happy.

Cons

People here are very ambitious and work hard. This job is not for everybody in Ukraine. You won't fit in here if you have more traditional soviet mentality.

6. "Best people to work with"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kiev

I have been working at JetBridge Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined JetBridge as a software engineering intern in Kyiv (Ukraine) office. From the 1st day of work her I got continuous support from my senior mentors who were ready to help me and share their knowledge almost in any part fo the day. I feel that I’m growing here not only as a software engineer but as a business professional thanks to our CEO. Every week is challenging here and you won’t be stuck in some boring routine. Every engineer at JetBridge is not just a 9to5 engineer but a software enthusiast who is willing to share their knowledge and new findings with you. The company offers a stock options plan for those who join the core-team, but you have to prove to be in the core team with your hard work. Our employees do business trips to San Francisco to meet our customers and broaden their professional networks. We organize amazing hangouts and off-sites to other cities, the last one was an offsite-party to Lviv before Christmas. Free gym membership and lunches are offered at UNIT City office in Kyiv. A perfect place to work for software engineers and those who take their careers seriously.

Cons

Sometimes, you have to work extra hours, which can be a con for someone, but this is a startup. Overall, you can manage your work-life balance here if you are a well-organized.

7. "Probably the best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Kiev

I have been working at JetBridge Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I want to share my opinion about my first steps in this company. I have been working at JetBridge for several months, but I can already say about a few things that I like: 1. JetBridge invest in employees development (yes, many companies say so, not many do) 2. The company develops both its own products and customer's products - this creates opportunities for a diverse experience and for the choice of what you want to work on. 3. Management is open and transparent. JetBridge is founded by truly experienced entrepreneurs from SF who moved to Ukraine. Work culture, communication, everything is so different from typical local companies.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike so far. I believe if something appears, any small issue is going to be quickly fixed because the company is constantly learning and improving.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews