Jewish Family & Childrens Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anita Friedman

1. "Great entry level position into behavioral health!"

Current Employee - Behavior Coach in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Behavior Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Jewish Family & Childrens Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, paid mileage, and good benefits. Can make your own schedule. Great organization!

Cons

Unbalanced schedule, flex hours most of the time (e.g. 11-7), strict billing requirements.

Advice to Management

The coaching club program is fairly new so more stabilization would be nice moving forward.

2. "Office clerk / Receptionist"

Current Employee - Help Desk in Union City, CA
    Current Employee - Help Desk in Union City, CA

I have been working at Jewish Family & Childrens Services part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm a very hard worker love people enjoy learning new things never late very professional

Cons

Employees that gossip one that doesn't take ther job duties seripus

Advice to Management

You'll be very happy if you hire me

3. "Serves Tucson community"

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Jewish Family & Childrens Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great people to work with.

Cons

No cons just much appreciation for experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Great Company to work with."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

Everyone was very welcoming and they all were so nice. Everyone knew one another in the department. Worked with a team and went to client's homes weekly.

You are compensated for your mileage. Certified courses by outside companies were paid for. Paid holiday, and sick time - vacation time was accumulated from hours worked. The pay was really nice and they had great benefits as well a 401K.

Cons

I was told that even though everyone works out in the field, they were all very much connected. I was told that I could contact my supervisor any time during work hours - if you get their voicemail, they would contact you in a timely manner. I was very attracted to how much supervision I was going to be receiving due to working with such families. I feel like it was a let down because I could never reach my supervisor - when they finally called me it would be after work hours about 10-12 hours later, or they simply wouldn't get back to me at all. I felt very disconnected about 2 months in. In the beginning, I would talk to my supervisor almost daily and they always returned my calls promptly. My weekly supervision meeting always felt rushed and they seemed to be distracted easily. I was asked to increase my hours and when I was ready, I could work full time. I said that I wanted to work fill time at that point, but they wanted to make sir I could handle increasing 7 hours. When I asked a few weeks later, the final answer (after at least a week) was that there want enough in the budget for me to work full time - while they were hiring someone new.

I feel as though I was let down in many ways, but I loved working for the company, and most of all what my position and what I did.

Felt uncertainty if there were any opportunities for me to grow - Would I stay in my position for years with no advancement in my career?

Advice to Management

I was let down with my supervisor. I feel as though 10 hours a week is not adequate time for a supervisor to be available for the people you supervise. When you're not available, it is very uncomfortable to be questioned why you went to, or shares things to another supervisor before themselves since they are your supervisor.

All employees should be qualified with the correct licences to insure that the client is receiving the best care they need.

I was let down with my supervisor telling me that I could go full-time once I was ready. When ready, they took the offer away from me and hired someone new. If there is certanty available time to give an employee and you tell them to work up to it slowly - you should probably give it to them even if there was a budget issue

I felt a very disconnect from my team. I felt as though I was the one who had to reach out to my team. I was under the impression that everyone checked in with each other. Even though I did love working my job there, I sometimes felt very alone.

6. "I hope they have their act together now, for the client's sake"

I worked at Jewish Family & Childrens Services full-time

Pros

Great organization for the people getting the treatment/help

Cons

The In Home Therapy, In Home Behavioral Therapy and Therapeutic Mentoring department was run by Holly M and Lee B. They did not know what they were doing, costing the organization money, frustrations with their employees and was unfair to SOME of their clients. I hope for JFCS' sake, they have it together now.

Advice to Management

Get your billing right and don't hire people in charge that are not qualified and don't know how to do their jobs

7. "Wonderful company`"

Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Boston, MA

Pros

There are a ton of trainings to get you up to speed and in the residential department especially there are a bunch of opportunities to get to know both coworkers and upper management.

Cons

Even with the trainings, there's a steep learning curve. The high rate of turnover and short-staffing is always difficult, but that's what one expects working in residential environments.

Advice to Management

I don't have a lot of advice to be honest, but if I had to say one thing I guess it would be to hold more company-wide events, as I felt as if a lot of residential houses were separate from one another and I didn't have many opportunities outside of the house I worked in.

8. "I would never recommend it to anyone"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

The services provided to the community are wonderful

Cons

The treatment of employees is horrendous

9. "JFCS work environment"

Current Employee - Caregiver in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Caregiver in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The company does not lose sight of the priority of quality care over the business goals of the company. It is a non for profit but as you know, has to be financially successful so we get paid.

Cons

inconsistency with the skills and job duties of caregivers; also in relationships with salaries; but i guess they go by industry standards like anywhere else; but adjustment to this discrepancies and mismatches in my opinion will increase, productivity, quality of work and employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Provide different levels of caregiving where salary varies according to skills and duties performed; whether it is in a per client bases or establishing different types of care giving positions.

10. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, great co-workers, ethical treatment of their clients

Cons

low salary, no other cons

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management

11. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Jewish Family & Childrens Services part-time

Pros

Supportive, perks such as yoga and parties, lots of professional development and advancement opportunities

Cons

Since it's a non-profit the pay is low