Jewish General Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Jewish General Hospital Executive Director Lawrence Rosenberg
Lawrence Rosenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great place to start a fundraising career"

Former Employee - Support Staff in Montreal, WI
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Montreal, WI

I worked at Jewish General Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great care for the patients

Cons

stressful environment for the trainees

Advice to Management

more soft skills training for staff

2. "Happy Employees make Happy Clients, just a thought..."

Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Lachine, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Administrative Officer in Lachine, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Jewish General Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, and co-workers are great. Always new things added to help the patients and sometimes us as well. Everyone looks out for one another which is helpful.

Cons

The Constant addition of rules that are being made up in order to “ keep us in our place” is ridiculous. The favouritism is appalling. Managers constantly bulling staff for example ; “ I could fire all of you. I could replace all of you so easily.” Basically threatening our jobs on a regular basis. There are cameras installed illegally in terms of them watching our every movement and Cameras are not illegal themselves but are supposed to be angle at dead zone in the office not directly on staff . Having to be available 8 hours After a shift is over for a new shift when on call which is also illegal when it’s supposed to be 12 hours between shifts to take into account 2 hours of travel on both sides. There’s more but what’s the point.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and make them happy first! Once you do that your patients or clients will be happy too because a happy employee is an efficient one.

3. "ordely"

I have been working at Jewish General Hospital full-time

Pros

I am part of the code white team and i also take care of patients after heart surgery.

Cons

Its a pleasure taking care of patients . Enjoy what i am doing.

Advice to Management

A very hard worker . Great communication and team work

4. "not a bad place to work in"

I have been working at Jewish General Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

4 weeks of vacation which is nice

Cons

not the best insurance program

5. "Administrative assistance"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Jewish General Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love to work at Jewish

Cons

I am not getting permanent position since lots of years.

Advice to Management

Please give chance to worker who is working as on call for a permanent position.

6. "Disorganised Management"

I have been working at Jewish General Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Public sector
    -stable job
    -Plenty of hiring opportunity.

Cons

-Limited salary potential which is understandable
    -Bad management as someone who also work for other hospital described. Management didn't place enough emphasis on hiring at the first place. Many unmotivated workers are hired resulting ripple effect across the work environment. Disorganised job distribution makes it worse. Management tend to stick to their little circle and would not mingle with the group much.
    -Very hierarchical work place, doctors (especially surgeons) are of the top level. Their requests regardless of their rationale, are undeniable. Rules can be bent for them. Some doctors are very nice but that's because of their own personality.
    -Bump into the CEO in a few occasions, never saw a smile on his face, not to mention smiling at you.

Advice to Management

- The key to every successful organisation is hiring the right people. Once the right people are hired, you don't need to talk much about employee motivation anymore because the right people are self-motivated.
    -You must strike to become the level five leader which are character by their diligent work ethic and humble attitude if you want to have level five employee.
    -Make sure your employee feel that they are treated impartially. When one sense she is at a disadvantage position because some other people grant favour from the top, she would stopped being self-motivated.

7. "orderly"

Current Employee - Orderly in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Orderly in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Jewish General Hospital part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are overall very well meaning, and easy to get along with for the most part. I actually enjoy walking thru the doors to start my shift. Employees, employees, employees, they're a fantastic bunch of people. Restaurants all around on cote st catherine. The volunteers are beyond awesome. Working conditions, compared to similarly sized institutions, are above average from my perspective. Gorgeous new K pavillion, indoor parking. Piano on 6th floor. Music shows in summer onsite.

Cons

Due to budget constraints, work load seems to slowly but surely increase year by year. And as responsibilities merge, its not reflected in the pay. Cafeteria closed. 3 Second Cup's.

Advice to Management

bicycle parking on S3 would be wonderful, a gym onsite wouldn't be bad either.

8. "Administrative staff"

I worked at Jewish General Hospital full-time

Pros

Amazing fellow staff and challenging work environment. perks are great and employees receive great work benefits.

Cons

Limited upward mobility in the company and upper management can be stubborn to implement efficient solutions.

Advice to Management

Develop organization-wide standards to incorporate all forms of employee input to ensure that operations are more efficient.

9. "Have been working in better places.."

Pros

Nice peoples, location, salary, additional courses.

Cons

Terrible cafétéria, strange prioritization of funds.

10. "Great RN career starter."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Er Reina (Israel)
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Er Reina (Israel)

I worked at Jewish General Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best ER in Montreal, great program for new grads to learn Er right out of school. Great Charge Nurses, fast pace environment.

Cons

None. I started my RN ER career at JGH in 2003 it was greatest experience ever!!! Moved to Florida if not will still be there.