Jewish National Fund Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Florham Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Jewish National Fund full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jewish National Fund is a great place to work. You will work with the nation's top fundraising professionals. The organization offers countless opportunities to learn and advance in leadership, management, and puts you on a path to success for donor relationship management. The benefits are phenomenal and of course, it's one of the most rewarding types of work that can be done.

Communication and Guidance is incredible here. The staff are eager to help you and work with you. Your success is their success and their success is yours. It's truly a family and you grow to love the people in this organization.

They have within the structure a highly organized administrative staff called the "Center of Excellence" or COE. JNF has truly mastered the idea of support staff. Your admins are there everyday to help you move forward in your goals and take care of more minute and detail oriented tasks so that you can keep to the bigger picture and raise money.

Overall, my experience with JNF has been amazing. I would highly recommend pursuing a position with JNF. They will take you under their wing and give you the keys to success.

Cons

-You must be willing to devote a good chunk of time and energy to JNF to be successful. With that said, it's rewarding work and I didn't mind.

2. "JNF is a good place to work and gain experience . Not long term though."

Former Employee - IT Helpdesk in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Helpdesk in New York, NY

I worked at Jewish National Fund full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Jewish National Fund is a great place to work from my experience .The IT department was a blast to work with. I learned a lot from my team mostly from the Systems Administrator and telecommunications person. The benefits were also a great and gave some employees the incentive to stay longer. Not many employers offer things like low premiums for health, and 10.5% match.

The major Pros to working at JNF:
    -9 to 5
    -1 hour lunch
    - Competitive and decent health care coverage
    -Family and team oriented enviroment

Cons

From what i saw working at Jewish National Fund:
    -Run like a corporate environment
    -High turn over rate
    -Depending what department - teams can throw you under the bus
    -micromanaging

Advice to Management

Recognize the amount of work and time and maybe offer better performance bonuses. A $100 dollar bonus and a 1% increase for a year is insulting for supporting an entire facility by yourself and having no team support...

3. "Graphic Design"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

Pros

Fast pace, Creative director is very knowledgeable and give great reference points and recommendations.

Cons

More collaborative projects with other graphic designers would be nice.

4. "Great Management"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Jewish National Fund full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work at JNF are all very kind and willing to help.

Cons

They do not have the best benefits or salary, mostly because they are a non-profit, I would assume.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers better.

5. "Amazing cause, exhausting bureaucracy"

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

I worked at Jewish National Fund (More than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, off for religious and national holidays, nice colleagues (for the most part), amazing cause, very rewarding, travel opportunities, meet a lot of interesting people, hands on with the project and work of the organization. You really feel like your work makes a difference.

Cons

Bureaucracy, burnout, micromanagement, poor HR

Advice to Management

Sometimes it took ages to hire someone and when they finally did it felt like a snap decision because they couldnt go any longer without someone in the position. Extremely frustrating for those that have to pick up the slack.

6. "Professional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Raising money for the State of Israel is key.....otherwise there are changes that need to happen!

Cons

Unfortunately, in the office I worked in, the Office Staff didn't mesh well with the Professional Staff. We as Professionals walked on "egg shells" on a daily basis......it was, and still is as I hear a very stressful environment.

7. "Intense"

Current Employee - Campaign Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Campaign Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Jewish National Fund full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission to work for. The company is very disciplined and efficient with its resources.

Cons

Overworked and under staffed. 3 workers to cover massive areas and expected to work 9am-8 or 9pm regularly.

8. "Amazing Mission and work environment"

I have been working at Jewish National Fund full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None more important in this community than the mission of JNF. The organization accomplishes a tremendous amount of work in Israel. The proof is on the ground. We work very hard to accomplish the work and play hard after. Positive work environment. Open door policy from the top.

Cons

Nothing and no one is perfect. JNF is an ever maturing organization with a lot of moving parts.

9. "Intern review"

Pros

good cause
    everyone is very passionate about Israel

Cons

made no work relationships
    at a computer all day

10. "Great Cause, But Do Not Work Here"

I worked at Jewish National Fund full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During your time at Jewish National Fund, you will have the opportunity to meet amazing partners in Israel and great lay leadership who possess a true passion for Israel. Some employees even get to travel to Israel.

Cons

The turnover in this organization is unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. It it very clear that there is no respect for the employees, and this attitude starts from the very top. There is little tolerance for a work-life balance, as you are expected to be on call for 24/7. Salaries are extremely low. Offices are horrendously understaffed making the lives of all employees miserable and stressed.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees with respect. Raise salaries, and honor the concept of a work-life balance. The sooner you do these things, the more people will stay and you will see long-term commitment.