Jibe Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Shane Moncrieff

1. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a boutique firm focusing on Oracle products. The company business grows well in the new Oracle cloud domain, and there are many projects on-going. It does offer people rooms and opportunities to learn and study with the team. The management team is very supportive on your back. In addition, there are some gurus in the team and they are all nice.

Cons

Because the cloud domain implementation is pretty new in the industry, the company is shaping its competency and people have to study and explore more on themselves. It is challengeable but rewarding.

2. "Consultant"

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong team to work with. All-in mentality among colleagues. Everyone helps one another.
    Work is remote. Very little travel.

Cons

Since we are still a small shop and need more consultants, we have more projects than we should have at once. Can be hectic.

Advice to Management

We need more consultants.

3. "Very dynamic, positive workplace."

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time

Pros

A dynamic company that allows for great learning opportunities. Managements focus on work/life balance and flexibility is a big bonus in working at Jibe.

Cons

No cons that I have not experienced at any other company.

Advice to Management

Continuing to communicate the direction and goals of the company is very helpful

5. "Good midsize company"

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time

Pros

Great place to learn - I've gained more knowledge in a year than I did in 3 years at my previous employer.
    Company seems invested in continuing to improve through things such as internal upgrades, mentoring meetings, seeking feedback etc.
    Good insurance and benefits. Company is very flexible with schedule as long as work gets done which is great for those with longer commutes.

Cons

Can be fast paced and stressful with tight deadlines.
    If you're not interested in consulting there may not be many opportunities here.
    Not the most diverse place to work.

Advice to Management

More engagement would be nice, wind up feeling like a resource sometimes instead of a person.

"A growing company with family-like values"

Pros

I've been with Jibe for more than 2 years. In that time I've seen the company expend tremendous energy, thought and funding into expanding. The senior managers are very considerate of their employees and they provide the space you need/want to get your job done while managing your personal life.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons that are outside of my control.

7. "Great Culture and Opportunities for Growth"

Pros

Flexible, laid-back environment. Smart and friendly coworkers. Employees constantly get the opportunity to try new things. Perfect for people who are self-starters and love to learn. Senior Management has always been easy to talk to and understanding when "life" happens. Jibe has also been very supportive of me in my career and growth. There is a lot of room for advancement and I've seen plenty of people move into newly created roles.

Cons

It's not a con in my mind; however, everyone here is a self-starter, curious and willing to try/learn new things on their own. If that isn't you, this probably isn't the place for you.

8. "Excellent Organization"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent organization that promotes and supports work/life balance! Employees are located all across the country but it has a "one big happy family" type feel! Very much believers in "open door policy", management and owners go out of their way to ensure employees stay informed about the growth of the organization and its future! Ever since I started at Jibe, it has felt like home!

Cons

Some projects have been understaffed and under bid but adjustments were made quickly and efficiently in every effort to keep the client happy and to ensure the support of those that were staffed on the project.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!!

9. "Good Work Life Balance"

Pros

The people at Jibe are friendly, and easy to work with. Unlike larger consulting firms, where there can be many political games to navigate, things are relatively straight forward. The practices are growing, so there can be opportunities for those that want to take advantage of it.

Cons

In some areas, resources are on the light side. There could be better staffing for projects, and in some areas, there is a need for more skills.

Advice to Management

Good communication across the leadership team and ensuring consistency in the communications to the staff would be helpful.

10. "Great Place to Wrok for...."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am working for this company for more than an year now and all I can say about this place is that this is a Small size consulting company but can be considered equal to nay big 4 in terms of work ethics and professionalism. Great team, Big client list, too many opportunities, senior management is very supportive, work life balance, open door policies, fair compensation and overall very professional work environment with NO politics.

Cons

If you are not ready to face new challenges and not ready to learn new Modules and take up complex solution for various business domains then this place might not offer you a comfort zone. other than is there is no Cons being here.

Advice to Management

Sometimes connecting 1-1 with employees can bring up many complexities to an end. There is no better way if improvement other than communication.

11. "Awesome culture, great colleagues, interesting projects"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the colleagues I've worked with at Jibe are incredibly motivated and intelligent. Good people to be around and it rubs off on you. Senior leadership is very accessible. Easy to give input, get feedback and feel heard.

Some projects require lots of onsite travel, others don't. It all depends. In either case Jibe is conscious of the toll that travel takes on consultants and does a good job acknowledging it and trying to keep you in your local market if that's what you're looking for.

Awesome place to work for both new and seasoned consultants.

Cons

Same cons that come with all consulting no matter the firm. At times you have to kick it up a notch when project demands and timelines are looming, juggling full plates and doing what you gotta do to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the short term and long term strategy and vision on a regular basis, it’s a good way for spread out consultants to feel like we're all working towards and contributing to the same goals while making an impact.