Jibe Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Shane Moncrieff

1. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a boutique firm focusing on Oracle products. The company business grows well in the new Oracle cloud domain, and there are many projects on-going. It does offer people rooms and opportunities to learn and study with the team. The management team is very supportive on your back. In addition, there are some gurus in the team and they are all nice.

Cons

Because the cloud domain implementation is pretty new in the industry, the company is shaping its competency and people have to study and explore more on themselves. It is challengeable but rewarding.

2. "Great Place to Wrok for...."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am working for this company for more than an year now and all I can say about this place is that this is a Small size consulting company but can be considered equal to nay big 4 in terms of work ethics and professionalism. Great team, Big client list, too many opportunities, senior management is very supportive, work life balance, open door policies, fair compensation and overall very professional work environment with NO politics.

Cons

If you are not ready to face new challenges and not ready to learn new Modules and take up complex solution for various business domains then this place might not offer you a comfort zone. other than is there is no Cons being here.

Advice to Management

Sometimes connecting 1-1 with employees can bring up many complexities to an end. There is no better way if improvement other than communication.

3. "Employees aren't just a number Jibe truly cares"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant - HCM in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant - HCM in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Among Oracle EBS knowledge and resourcing Jibe is on the cutting edge of Oracle Fusion Cloud solutions. We have implemented 3 payroll systems thus far, a great feat in the Oracle Fusion Payroll world. The HCM cloud practice is growing at a rapid rate. I truly belong to a team that leans on each other to ensure the success of all team members. If one fails we all fail.

Cons

Honestly there are none. Consulting is not for everyone. The pressure and stress here and there that comes with consulting will be experienced at any organization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Jim, Shane and Greg are amazing owners. they truly care for their employees. I don't feel like I am just a number in the FTE column. I feel like part of the Jibe family.

5. "Great Home Team for a Consultant"

Current Employee - Staff Consultant, Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Staff Consultant, Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Jibe just about 2 1/2 years now when I entered the world of consulting. Back then I didn't really know what I was getting into, but no one at Jibe ever doubted me for a second. They're a very supportive team, with lots of people you can ask for help when you need it. They won't put you into a situation where you're not comfortable, but yet they are happy to encourage you to stretch for something new.

In the short time I've been with Jibe, the company has gone from being a trusted partner in the Pacific Northwest, to becoming a leader in implementing new technology. It's exciting to be a part of that, with a firm that sees the value in continuously investing in education and providing the necessary resources to help team members be successful in those endeavors.

Jibe also holds an internal company conference twice a year where employees share knowledge and experience. It's really great to be able to learn from each other and it also is great for creating and building relationships within the company.

If anything, Jibe management tends to over-communicate, which is really a good thing - I never feel like I'm in the dark, like I have at some other companies.

Cons

This is related more to the industry more than Jibe specifically - this job does require extensive travel sometimes. I just came off of a project where I was on the road for over a year. On the positive side, Jibe is supportive of a work-life balance and makes sure we can almost always be home on the weekends (and Fridays usually too). And the travel can be fun, too!

Advice to Management

As we grow in size and geography, continue to honor the principles that have always made Jibe a great place to work.

"Good people - Bad management"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Oregon City, OR
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Oregon City, OR

Pros

It may be the technology rich environment, but the people that I worked with were outstanding. I depended on them, as they depended on me. Projects were truly a team effort. Made some great friends I hope to keep for a long time.

Cons

Projects are often under staffed with promises made to the clients that are often simply not possible with a full time staff of only 4 or 5 people on a large project. The quotation process needs to be revamped or go completely back to the basics.

Advice to Management

Despite all the great work my colleagues and I accomplished, given impossible tasks and impossible odds, we worked ridiculously hard because we trusted each other and didn't want to let each other down. However, the management acted like they were completely blind to our efforts. Few thanks you's, if any. Few pats on the back. The management team are arrogant and see themselves above all others, even to the point of ignoring great efforts that should be celebrated. In other words, awful, uninspiring management. You will have to get that internally or from friends you make there. Management, get off your arrogant high horses and be part of the team that works to motivate us. Don't you know that is why we good employees leave? You can only work so hard for so long without a single thank you or any type of recognition, monetary or otherwise.

"Fantastic fast growing local company"

Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, interesting projects, good management group, great reputation in the PNW among clients.

Cons

Normal difficulties of fast growing consulting company-clients sometimes identify with a specific person other than the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to build out bench and career progression opportunities

"Nice to work with, communicated well during tough times"

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Analyst in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Analyst in Portland, OR

Pros

- support to consultant good
    - treated with respect
    - met with several parties involved in project from JIBE offices
    - was kept informed
    - paid fairly

Cons

- they were hired to cover during a bad situation within the client.
    - They handled it well enough but were somewhat nieve in their assessment which made it tough on consultants,
    - were a little to trusting and dependant on past people they had associations with who wer not really out for their interests. They should not have been so reliant on others not tied to them.

Advice to Management

Keep up the respect shown to people on staff, employees and consultants

9. "Great Clients, fun team, great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Leading edge, always challenging, learning new things everyday

Cons

Pace is fast, not for everyone

Advice to Management

Take time to enjoy what the company has accomplished

10. "Overall it is good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

They are one of the highest paid companies. They also only higher experienced workforce so you know your coworkers will do a good jobs.

Cons

Thay can be very stressful and demand tasks on short notice. They expect the best from you without excuses. You have to work many hours overtime.

Advice to Management

Relax on the extensive work you offer. Sometimes we need a brake from the job and spend more time with our family.

11. "Consultant"

I have been working at Jibe Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong team to work with. All-in mentality among colleagues. Everyone helps one another.
    Work is remote. Very little travel.

Cons

Since we are still a small shop and need more consultants, we have more projects than we should have at once. Can be hectic.

Advice to Management

We need more consultants.