Jiffy Apps Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 23, 2017

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Full of lies and Deceit and don't pay their people."

Former Contractor - Project Manager
    Former Contractor - Project Manager

I worked at Jiffy Apps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Their are no pros for this company.

Cons

Jiffy has completely scammed at least 15 overseas programmers I know that I have worked with. They have kept them on the leash for months and months and them string them along with promises of payment, when in reality, they have no real intention of doing so. They get all the work they can from people and let them work until they quit.

Notice that all the good reviews on this site are specifically from Canada, where they are located, so you know they are fake reviews. Being from the US myself, I have seen it first hand. Even the threats of legal action barely get anything done simply because they don't care about legal action from places like Pakistan (which is where most of their employees come from).

Being on the inside, I have come to know directly that they pay poorly, charge outrageously, and the top guy treats everyone like crap.

Hopefully this review will make a difference because I've seen this non payment issue going on for at least a year now and some of my personal friends were affected.

Advice to Management

Quit making excuses, pay your employees what they worked for, and stop making promises you have no intention of keeping!

Jiffy Apps Response

Feb 18, 2014 – CSA

This review was posted on the same day as the last, and unfortunately isn't any more legitimate. Our company has strict policies for the payment of overseas workers. Certainly there are ... More

2. "Project Manager"

Former Freelancer - Senior Project Manager
    Former Freelancer - Senior Project Manager

I worked at Jiffy Apps (Less than a year)

Pros

Big clients, interesting projects, they were great at selling.

Cons

Not organized, bad quality engineers

Advice to Management

Hire better talent, invest in good people.

"Total Joke"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Jiffy Apps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great list of clients

Cons

They don't know the first thing about programming. I was hired to solve a huge problem they faced where they had over 75 projects behind the timeline and failing. They were drowning because of their model of outsourcing. I was not impressed at all and quit after a few days as this was too big a problem for any one person to solve.. That and they offered me below minimum wage as they wanted to pay per project fixed. Real joke.

Advice to Management

Stop outsourcing and hire local developers who can help you achieve success. When you are doing so many projects at once you lose control if you can't meet with the developers face to face.

"Scam artists pretending to run a software company"

Former Contractor - VICTIM in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Contractor - VICTIM in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Jiffy Apps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The office location has a nice view, and they do offer lunch on occasion, but that's about where the positives end.

Cons

Google the leadership team's names; they are professional scam artists, and the internet is full of stories of their crimes and their victims.

Many of the positive reviews were forced on current staff as a condition of their continued employment.

The leadership at first appear to be incompetent app developers, who later emerge as criminals who charge customers for work that was never done, routinely neglecting to pay their employees and sub-contractors, while making lavish purchases for themselves.

They should be facing criminal charges.

Advice to Management

The world would be better off without you.

"Was excited in the first place but it turned out to be the biggest disapointment in my life."

Former Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Jiffy Apps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good office location, right in Coal Harbour. They provide lunches for employees every day, but the food is all the same.

Cons

They don't pay!!! Very dishonest managment, one lie after another; dont sign the former agreement - promissed to do it, found reasons to postpone and after all said they wouldn't do it all and didn't pay what was earned. A lot of people quit (10 people in the office of 15 for less then half a year), no team, no support, managment quits too.

Advice to Management

Stop bluffing and don't promiss things that are never going to happen

7. "Working With Jiffy Software"

Current Contractor - App Advisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Contractor - App Advisor in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Jiffy Apps as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Jiffy Software is the flexibility of being able to work from where ever I am. Jiffy the sales and marketing tools in a secure cloud. the cloud make it easy for me to telecommute. The actual office environment is easy going and the Chief Software Architect is fun lots of jokes. You will laugh your way into sales.

Cons

The worst part of working with Jiffy is the lack of a really good CRM. Sorry guys the sales system as long way to go before it is top notch.

Advice to Management

Increasing fund so you have more sale people on the street and not on the phones

"Amazing Place to Work!!!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer

I have been working at Jiffy Apps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All work in Jiffy very well-organized. They always give feedback for all our work. they always give directions when i confuse with the job description. and they always apreciate our work. and you know what?.. this morning i get big surprise... they send me bonus to buy big screen monitor.

Jiffy Software: Appreaciate your hard work and even support you to work better and more enjoyable :)

Cons

as long i work in here.... always fun.. working with something that i love...

9. "The most interesting job in the world."

Current Employee - Marketing in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Marketing in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Jiffy Apps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a creative type, this has to have been the most interesting job I've ever encountered. Due to the size of the company, we get to work on something completely different on a near daily basis which keeps interest levels high and keeps the feeling of "accomplishment" and variety of work at a high. Being able to support the best portfolio in our respective industry and niche market is also something that I can be proud about working with this company.

Cons

It takes some getting used to, but there's a reason they're called Jiffy. A week here, is like a month at every other job I've ever been a part of. Even running my own companies in the past, I've never experienced anything as quick paced an environment as this place. On the flipside, the feeling of getting things done here happens as a side effect.

Advice to Management

Expand hard and fast, we need to get this place from the best kept secret in Vancouver to the de facto standard household name for app building!

"A great experience with friendly, hard working staff and great benefits."

Current Employee - Director, Video & Multimedia in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Director, Video & Multimedia in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Jiffy Apps full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Jiffy is very organized. We plan our work loads in advance to determine our teams work goals. The team is casual, yet very hard working and determined. And they do a great job to ensure we are happy working here, such as providing lunch, snacks and beverages for us everyday! Overall an exciting and fun work environment every day.

Cons

Can not think of any cons :)

"Don't work for them, are a scam!"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer

I have been working at Jiffy Apps as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

none to mention here is all bad and many desperate people that no longer have money

Cons

They do not pay their employees and keep cycling them until they quit, than they hire others. These guys are a shame! Also lie that they did applications for a lot of large companies and they barely have 6-7 programmers which are desperate at any time and barely work because are not paid.

These guys also pretend that they will open an office in Pakistan but they never do and lie people from there with this into working with them.

Advice to Management

Stop stealing people work and lying to your customers

Jiffy Apps Response

Feb 18, 2014 – CSA

Jiffy is the largest mobile application developer in the world. From my desk, I can see more than 6-7 programmers, let alone our staff across the globe who work for different companies and ... More