Jigsaw London Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2019

Found 69 reviews

3.4
Peter Ruis
Pros
  • "Positive atmosphere, amazing people, good working hours (felxi)(in 6 reviews)

• "Head Office is very pleasant place to work - has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere and a more relaxed than usual dress code, 9(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "I understand that this is for the Head Office to see the true personality of the talent they are employing but can be undermining at times(in 4 reviews)

• "Low pay, no career advance, It was only a part time job but the company does not value employees whatsoever(in 3 reviews)

1. "Inspirational fashion retailer"

I have been working at Jigsaw London full-time

Pros

Meaningful brand mission & company values. Fantastic head office space in Kew Gardens. Friendly & welcoming coworkers. Autonomy within role. Ability to make a difference to the business within your role. On-site chef & gym at Kew Head Office. Wonderful product offerings.

Cons

On-going communications from the Leadership team should be improved. No structured training offered within Stores or Head Office.

Advice to Management

In general, a great business to work for. However, communication (within Stores & Head Office) needs significant improvement.

Jigsaw London2017-12-19
  2. "Low pay, poor management"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Jigsaw London part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get free clothes (only one or two items) every 3 months and the discount on clothing is pretty good (50% off any new item in the store).

Cons

Management of this location is absolutely awful. Does nothing to help the sales associate so I was run ragged throughout the duration of my employment. Low pay, no benefits,scheduled full time for two months despite my applying to a part time position, and I never saw a single incentive because another employee would often use her name to ring up customers I helped. Scheduling will sometimes be changed during the week...

Advice to Management

Employees are more important than a manager; without employees, the manager can’t even do their job. So if every single employee seems to have a problem with a single manager; maybe it’s time to get rid of that given manager.

Jigsaw London2018-05-19

July 3, 2018viola.laser@jigsaw-uk.co.uk

3. "Good starter job"

I worked at Jigsaw London part-time

Pros

Nice work environment and co-workers were great

Cons

Disjointed management, lack of consistency and follow through are very frustrating.

Jigsaw London2017-10-07

"Good company for young people!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Jigsaw London part-time

Pros

Young and hip Good pay Okay management Fast paced Great quality products at an affordable price

Cons

Retail Customers expect too much from you Not many opportunities for growth Management doesn't take employees seriously at times Stores are in a state of decay because corporate does not regularly check US locations and the American division does not seem to want to take any initiative US CEO Edward Atherton , he's an okay actor, but not a good businessman

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees well and they will stay for more than six months.

Jigsaw London2017-07-10
  5. "Best of Britain"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jigsaw London full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautifully made product that's style driven not trend driven. Genuine people that work here making the environment really enjoyable. Great if you're looking to do more than just sell...associates will merchandise, plan events and general upkeep of boutique. Really good discount and clothing allotment. Promote from within.

Cons

Normal retail expectations-working weekends, holidays. Create growth for managers.

Advice to Management

Talk more about your price point-the quality for the price is amazing.

Jigsaw London2016-04-07
  6. "Jigsaw"

Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Jigsaw London

Pros

Jigsaw is a great company to work for! Lots of opportunities and room for advancement if you prove yourself. Great merchandise with an even better employee discount!

Cons

There are not a lot of locations in the US so no room to move around unless you move to the UK.

Jigsaw London2015-11-27

"Good for a PT Retail job, Not good for a FT employee"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager

I worked at Jigsaw London full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a very reputable company based out of the UK with a long history. The Jigasw London product is beautifully crafted. It makes selling very easy. When it comes to the product, the company has great values, such as believing in sustainability with its green label and fair trade 3rd party products. The company is small, so if you have an opinion, you can be heard by your manager and/or the head office. The people you...

Cons

The typical retail cons: standing all day, extended hours depending on customers, and other physical work such as lifting heavy boxes. Jigsaw runs by a base compensation only, which makes it hard for great sellers, who could get commission elsewhere.

Advice to Management

There should be more interaction between the stores and head office. I worked for the company for over 2 years, and the head office visited the store a total of two times. Each trip only lasted twenty minutes and the store management was given little feedback. Since the head office feels so detached from the stores (HQ is based out of LA with 3 out 4 stores in the Bay Area), this causes a lot of backlash from employees,...

Jigsaw London2015-06-01
  8. "Bad management"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Berkeley, CA

I worked at Jigsaw London part-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoyable customers, very nice clothes, fellow employees are great. Easy to sell clothing. Generous allotment of clothing.

Cons

Management is abusive, poor hours, poor pay. Not allowed to sit ever. Never promotes from within.

Advice to Management

Be fair, treat employees with a little more respect.

Jigsaw London2015-04-27

May 26, 2016Recruitment Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience of working at Jigsaw. We will take your feedback on-board & strive to improve working conditions. If you would like to speak further about your experiences then please contact us on HR@jigsaw-uk.co.uk

9. "Assistant manager"

I worked at Jigsaw London

Pros

Good place to work if you are just starting out in the industry. Was promoted from sales associate to key holder and then to assistant manager in less than 4 years. I was given a plethora of different responsibilities which allowed me to wear many hats and add on my resume. I now work as a buyer for a large retailer and make decent salary.

Cons

Salary is terrible and upper management takes themselves a little too seriously.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a little more compensation and creative control.

Jigsaw London2015-04-18
  10. "Educational but unorganized."

I worked at Jigsaw London

Pros

Great Allowance Fabric knowledge British Lingo

Cons

Low Salary No room for growth

Advice to Management

Provide more organization and stability for your employees

Jigsaw London2014-04-18