87% would recommend to a friend
(64 total reviews)
99% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Friendly people to work with." (in 6 reviews)
- "Good culture and start of your career" (in 5 reviews)
- "Great benefits" (in 4 reviews)
- "I am so thankful to be given the opportunity to take part in helping our clients fulfill their mission." (in 3 reviews)
- "Casual work environment, employees care about the work they're doing and their co workers, flexible work schedule availability, sabbatical program, volunteer time off, good benefits" (in 3 reviews)
- "The low pay itself did not seem bad at first because I felt good about helping non" (in 5 reviews)
- "We have pretty good management currently so that shouldn't be an issue." (in 3 reviews)
- "Their customer service is embarrassing, training is nil, management doesn't care what anyone is doing." (in 3 reviews)
- "The training program is kind of just throwing you into the deep end." (in 3 reviews)
Found 64 of over 67 reviews
Updated Oct 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Sep 22, 2023Accounting ProfessionalFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBoise, ID
There was an opportunity for quick growth.
Work-life balance was a challenge for me, and mid-level management was young and inexperienced.
- 5.0Feb 18, 2022Accounting RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoise, ID
Great Learning Experience, Excellent Benefits Overall, Remote Work, Good team building, Varied Management Styles, Flexible with schedule, Expectations are clear, Executive team is visible and involved, Skills and knowledge acquired are incredibly marketable should you decide to move on
Requires excellent time management for high workload, Pay is competitive in Idaho but may fall short for other locations in the US, Remote Training can be difficult, Some clientele may be difficult to work with - either logistically or philosophically, Can feel a bit like a generic customer service position at times (not frequently), Work-life balance will get away from you if you let it3
- 3.0Oct 31, 2022ControllerFormer Employee
Schedule Flexibility Great people opportunities for raises opportunities for growth
40+ work weeks impossible deadlines holding everyone accountable while trying to keep up with your own work2
- 5.0May 3, 2021Accounting AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBoise, ID
Jeff, the CEO and founder of Jitasa is the best CEO I have ever worked for. He is there for all employees. He has founded this business on an "employee first" basis where he says, If you reward your employees, then the business will run great. I am retiring and must say that this is the best company i have ever worked for. Jeff really cares for all of us. The lunch room has a big screen tv, ping pong table, and foosball. The vacation benefit are excellent. The pay is very good. I would highly suggest this company for your career.
Very busy. Sometimes it is hard to get help from a manager.4
- 5.0Nov 17, 2021Data AnalystFormer EmployeeBoise, ID
I loved my coworkers, and some of the management was very supportive.
The clients were often quite horrible. Pay is on the lower end.1
- 4.0Jan 24, 2022Accounting RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good company. Decent Benefits. Great learning experience.
Their niche is very difficult to work in - Non-Profit accounting isn't for everyone but they provided some valuable skills and learning opportunities during my time there.
- 5.0Jun 10, 2021Accounting RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBoise, ID
Culture Pay Training Not sure what else to say
I don't want to seem unrealistic, but I honestly can't think of any.
- 5.0Aug 29, 2019AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBoise, ID
My favorite part of Jitasa is working on a global team! It's really fun to work with people around the world on a daily basis. My global team is incredibly hard working and conscientious, which pushes me to be that way as well. You're always learning something new, and it's inspiring to work within the nonprofit community. Working for Jitasa has taught me to be a more thoughtful donor, and has significantly broadened my world view. Management is approachable, friendly, transparent, and actually cares about staff and clients. Even newer staff are empowered to suggest process changes that add efficiencies and better serve clients. Compared to firms of our size, Jitasa is technologically advanced. Great benefits, including time off to volunteer.
You watch a lot of passionate nonprofit leaders lose funding and go out of business. It can be really difficult emotionally to watch clients you've worked closely with have to step away from their missions just because of low bank balances! My "pro" of empowerment and expectation that staff will think for themselves is a "con" for some people. If you want to be micromanaged or have every decision made for you, you will struggle. It's also pretty fast-paced which can be overwhelming for some.
Jitasa Reviews FAQs
Jitasa has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 67 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at Jitasa to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
87% of Jitasa employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Jitasa 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.