Jive Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Scott Brighton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people who are smart, helpful and dedicated (in 25 reviews)

• Great culture, work-life balance and executive access (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There is absolutely no work/life balance at Jive as the pressure to perform is intense (in 9 reviews)

• Incredibly high turnover due to management not listening to talented employees (in 7 reviews)

"Best work of my career."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

Jive Software is a company where the product being sold is also the philosophy being preached. This is a open company where everyone has a say.

Cons

I have heard that the pay isn't as good as some, but options make up for some of that. It's been a startup, and is entering it's teenage phase. There have been some changes that appear a bit corporate considering the anti-establishment types who keep this place afloat.

Advice to Management

Jive just went public. Don't go a changin'! Clearly there needs to be an amount of caste style knowledge transfer for legal reasons, but please keep up the way that Jive breaks through departmental and hierarchical silos.

"Paddling as hard as I can"

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Company Product: #1 in the market (as ranked by any metric) analysts, customers, adoption levels, etc.. the company is well funded, well managed, and well positioned.
    Climate: wonderful offices in Palo Alto, 100 places to eat
    Culture: the smartest, friendliest people I've ever worked with my career
    Jive uses it's own product
    Compensation:

Cons

It can consume your life. There is always something more to do. Can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Create (or acquire) better time/project management tools/processes.
    Make meetings 30 mins (not 60)
    Get in the press more... and do a better job telling how crappy everyone else is compared to Jive!
    Hire 'Success Managers' people who do nothing but enjoy helping customers succeed post sale.
    Sales reps cannot do this.. and go back out to hunt.

"Awesome place to work, great culture and strong leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Great perks, strong leadership and communication internally, amazing culture of excellence.

Cons

Growing so fast that hard to keep up!

"Work hard play harder"

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jive is a great company to work for. Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I have never worked for a company with so many positive and outgoing people. Everyone here works extremely hard, and knows how to have a good time as well to help balance the work.

Cons

Ramp up was quick, but was well worth it. Get you into your roll and functioning immediately, just have to be prepared for it.

"Great company"

I worked at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely talented employees. The tops of their respective fields. Truly innovative and great people to work with.

Cons

None. I have nothing to list in this area.

6. "Jive Software, a Cool, Fun and Exciting Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Human Resources/Talent Team in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources/Talent Team in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the challenges in my position, flexibility, autonomy and ability to make a meaningful impact. All the people are enthusiastic, passionate, friendly, smart and very helpful. Jive has a nice warm, embracing corporate culture that is fast paced, innovative, results oriented, open, fun, and extremely social and collaborative.

Cons

No comments, I am pretty satisfied.

Advice to Management

Keep up the nice work leading, focusing, guiding and inspiring us to do great things here:) Thanks for caring and looking after us.

7. "25 Stars and Counting"

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is Cool. The People are Smart. A great company that is doing well and doing good.

The hiring process was seamless and the recruiters kept the process moving and kept me engaged. The on-boarding process was professional and welcoming. Result of our awesome Jive technology, that we too use, colleagues knew who I was on day one. It is refreshing when you are in a new environment and people go out of there way to introduce themselves to you. The work is rewarding -- the stage of the company allows employees to continue to offer their creative spin on things and compliment their professional growth. There is a career ladder for each employee and each employee has the opportunity to succeed.

Cons

I am honestly still looking for cons.... One could say that is a good thing.

The commute likely can been seen as a con for a lot of people, but Jive offers awesome transportation assistance unlike any company I have seen. I commute to the office via train but actually enjoy walking to the office and getting fresh air.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Supporting your employees and allowing each of us to feel valued. Appreciating your employees and reminding us that we each positively impacting the growth of the company.

8. "Amazing. Unique. Wow."

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is built by wickedly smart people, who are extremely dedicated and passionate. Long hours, nonstop days, and nights out with coworkers are a common thing. Camaraderie is high, morale is high. Very start-upy, fun, great place to work. Plenty of internal movement opportunity, and plenty of company growth and growing up (job creation)

Cons

I can't really think of any. There is constant change here, but so much of it is beneficial and promotes innovation. I think the biggest thing is that the company needs to stay together and operate as a single entity with multiple facets; do not succumb to change.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote transparency and inward mobility. Do not succumb to change. Continue to operate as a single entity with multiple facets. This company is not large or established enough for disconnected business units, and we kind of have this software that should help against that.

"Best place I have worked at."

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great product, total commitment

Cons

Downtown location, would prefer suburb

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing

"Fast-paced culture full of whip-smart helpful and collaborative colleagues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jive hires smart people who work well together collaborating for success of customers, not competing internally. Management fosters a culture of trust from the top down; expectations are high, and results match. Jive has maintained a start-up atmosphere even as we have gone public and grown past the startup phase. Offices are top-notch (the Portland office now has a gym to work off all the calories from the food and beer).

Cons

Jive still operates more like a startup with respect to process. If you like creating process and charting a path, this is a great place. If you need a rigid set of procedures, not so much.