Jobelephant.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Jobelephant.com Reviews

2.7
Michael Ang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not going away anytime soon"

I worked at Jobelephant.com full-time

Pros

Good people, central location, still relevant in industry and solid clientele

Cons

Benefits are lacking, but expected from a small business

Advice to Management

Ask what needs to improve in order to be better at their job. Encourage open communication between employees.

"Don't believe the new responses from company on Jan 5, 2017"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jobelephant.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only benefit is that I received an email telling me someone responded to my post so I could counter.

Cons

Looks like Jobelephant got a new business development director and he/she's been tasked to clean up their image by responding to all the past comments. Don't be fooled! Stay away! As long as the husband and wife owners are still there, they'll still be micromanaging and you'll still be an hourly employee punching a clock; not salary. Every minute of every day you're on the clock. No paid sick days, no vacation until after a year. And even then it's on an accrued basis. One comment the owner always said was, "If you don't work, you don't get paid." The above Cons are indicative of how the company feels about you. You're just a cog helping them line their pockets.

Advice to Management

Completely change your business model as it pertains to your employees. Stop having your employees push only commissionable sites to post on, but rather suggest the best sites for the client's best interest. And in some cases it will be a non-commissionable site. After typical 90 day probationary period for new employees, they should receive their full vacation time of two weeks (typically) and pay for the 11, I think, annual national holidays. Legitimate companies do this for their employees. Holidays are not paid for if the office is closed for business. "If you don't work, you don't get paid."

Feb 15, 2017 – Director of Business Development

While it’s unfortunate you had this experience while working here, these issues you mention are no longer part of the company culture and haven’t been for quite some time. The husband/wife ownership... More

3. "Waste of Time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

I do not know of any Pros of working there because they cannot even figure out how to hire people properly.

Cons

I applied for a position posted on their website. The email I sent bounced back as undeliverable due to a permanent error. After this happened I noticed that I applied for this same position 3 months earlier, got the same result, and (at the time) assumed it was a scam of a company, so I didn't call them. So, this time I called them. They brushed it off as "Oh, that job is an old post and no longer available." So, I wasted a lot of time tailoring my resume for the position TWICE. I even told them about the email address not working and they didn't care. BEWARE, because there are many jobs posted on their website that you cannot apply for, even if they were actually available positions. They will not receive your resume because their email address is permanently disabled. In fact, neither of their business addresses on their website match the address in the job ad I looked at.

Advice to Management

Get it together. Treat people with respect and understand that their time is valuable. Update your website.

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

There were some older jobs on the website but those will be removed. The company is launching a full re-branding in early 2017 updating the website, logo, cPortal, etc. We are a high volume, fast... More

4. "Industry Leader"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jobelephant.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A truly unique business model targeting a growing and profitable niche. The team is lean and efficient and it's a great place if you like an energetic pace. Great income potential for sales pros as well. Plenty of leads for services that the clients truly need and use daily. I've been managing sales teams for 25 years and this is the cleanest sale you'll ever make. You have to be a hard worker though. Management avoids micromanaging as long as you hustle. Casual dress as we are not customer facing and weekends off.

Cons

Some management issues in the past have been addressed and resolved. Previous reviews have mentioned micromanagement but that is no longer the case.

Advice to Management

Always keep an eye out for talent as this is a great place to work and build a career.

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

Thanks for the kind note about Jobelephant. Correct that some previous managers are no longer here and this (along with the great new office) has created a fun and fast paced place to work.

"Fast-paced environment"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jobelephant.com part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As long as I am getting my work done, I am essentially allowed to work independently. Results are rewarded well!

Cons

Extremely fast-paced environment. It is typical for clients to wait until the last minute to submit a job but expect everything to be done before the deadline. Because of this, priorities are constantly being changed. If you can't spin more than one plate at a time, this is probably not a good job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. World domination doesn't come without a setback once in a while.

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

Thanks and we agree. As an ad agency deadlines are part of the business but also something we thrive on. Everybody wears more than one hat but most of our employees enjoy learning new skills and... More

"Unique Business Model"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Growing ad agency with a large client base. Cutting edge technology. Casual dress. 100% team effort. Great benefits including 401K!

Cons

We're not located on the beach.

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

True, we are not on the beach....about 15 minutes away. It's easy to get off work here and be at the beach for sunset.

7. "Enjoyable Employment"

Pros

Good atmosphere and your always busy which, makes the days go by fast. Good hours, weekend off

Cons

You are stuck inside all day

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

Yes, we work inside a building. But we have windows ;-)

"Poor work environment"

Former Employee - Office Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Office Assistant in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jobelephant.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The casual dress code was nice. Some of the other staff members were genuinely nice people who could easily find better employment elsewhere.

Cons

Poor compensation, poor benefits, and micromanagement. The owners have no trust in their staff to get work done and will eliminate any factors that can improve morale. They expect you to sit in silence and work non-stop.

Advice to Management

Stop being so condensing to staff and treating them like automatons. Burning bridges will cost you future business and your reputation will plummet.

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

All former issues here are well in the past have been resolved. Pay is commensurate with performance, 401K, health insurance, random deliveries of sugary fried foods. Music is always playing in the... More

"Mean!"

Pros

Some of the employees are really good people they some how got lucky to keep them.

Cons

Micromanaged, not respectful and the turn around for the office job is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Be nicer and stop using people for short term projects then basically making people feel horrible till they quit since they don't need them anymore.

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

All issues here have been addressed.

"DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER WORKING HERE!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jobelephant.com full-time

Pros

Mission Valley area near Qualcomm Stadium

Cons

Awful salary and benefits. Micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect

Jan 5, 2017 – Director of Business Development

All issues here have been addressed.