Jobscience Reviews | Glassdoor

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genuine passion from team members (& especially from CEO) within the company, new breed of management/team coming online, global employment opportunities, exciting time within the company and growth

Cons

Typical growing pains - so much opportunity and possibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep on pushing boundaries with new innovations :) Continue to build up business with great talent

"Company centered on greed and exploitation of young workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience (More than a year)

Pros

It's a salary... it pays my rent and puts food on the table, and it is 100% the only reason I'm still working at this miserable organization. If my superiors found out I wrote this, I'd be fired immediately.

Cons

Jobscience is owned and operated by the CEO and funded by his octogenarian father, the CFO. Despite being in existence for nearly 20 years, the company still considers itself a "startup" -- an illusion perpetuated by Management to justify their greedy and exploitative practices. Jobscience has developed a particularly callous model; They hire young, naive, and inexperienced new college grads for salaries which in the Bay Area can only be described as poverty wages. The company (bottom line) benefits enormously from the undervalued and underpaid labor of these young workers, who have no real choice but to stick it out until they've accumulated enough experience to leave and go to a real company. The only personnel in the organization who make anything close to a market-rate salary are the executives and managers. Believe me, corporate greed ain't just for the Fortune 500's...

Advice to Management

Just sell or liquidate now -- everyone knows the company is dead in the water.

Jobscience Response

Oct 25, 2016

Thank you Anonymous for your candid comments about your experience of working at Jobscience, it is sad to hear that you just “show up to work every day for the salary”. At Jobscience, we are in hyper ... More

"Positive Company Doing Most Everything Right"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jobscience is a great place to work if you like 40% - 50% year over year growth in revenue, customer acquisition, and working for the hands down #1 app on the Salesforce appexchange. We are a true global company with customers who represent the top staffing firm brand names in the world, the most prestigious management consulting firms, and about 700 other great customers.
    Things change fast here and you have to work hard and be adaptable.
    Several new key hires in management have come in and replaced those who needed to be put to pasture as they were poor fits.

Cons

Other reviews are right, the company is agile, fast paced and can make changes quickly. Isn't that what being innovative is all about?

If you like 9 - 5, repetition, monotony, and the same old thing, go somewhere else.
    Jobscience doesn't do everything right but if an employee see's an issue, they can step in and change it. I did this on several mis-managed programs, by the former employees who consequently wrote the negative reviews.

Advice to Management

With continued growth and the future looking bright, make sure you continue communicating to the employees in the same, or increased, manner you've been doing.

4. "Great Career and Looking Forward to Continuing to Grow"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since coming to Jobscience 18 months ago, many great career development opportunities have been presented to me. I have independently taken advantage of each one. Great opportunity to work on global initiatives as many of our customer headquarters are outside the US. Each team has developed its own culture, but as a whole, I can testify that Jobscience is a great place for those who thrive for career development, appreciate inclusion and likes to have a bit of fun.

Cons

Jobscience comes with traditional start-up pains, and thus you must be tremendously resourceful and be able to work with limited resources.

Advice to Management

It is important for all growth organizations to continue to get feedback from all facets of the business and put in place a very focused vision and mission that motivates us each go above and beyond each day. Keep up the great work and thanks for the opportunitieis.

"loud Based Software Company Offers Lots of Opportunity to Grow."

Current Employee - Manager Technical Support in Londonderry, NH
    Current Employee - Manager Technical Support in Londonderry, NH

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

have been with jobscience for 5 years. In that time I have worked in Sales, Customer Support, Professional Services, and now Management. Jobscience has provided extensive training in Salesforce.com functionality and in general business and project management processes. By far the best thing about working at Jobscience is the team atmosphere. We work together as a team to solve problems and roll out solutions for our customers. We also have a lot of fun together outside the office. If you are looking for a fast-paced team-oriented environment on the cutting edge of the cloud, Jobscience is the place for you.

Cons

At times the work load can be very high. This is a place for motivated hard working Individuals.

6. "Strong Product!"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The staffing edition solution that Jobscience has on the marketplace has improved significantly in the last 6 months with the new user interface and the addition of the back office, which is also built on the salesforce.com platform. The platform and the product really are better than anything else on the marketplace.

Cons

While the product is awesome, it is a very crowded market that we compete in, and most of the other companies in the space are backed/financed by private equity or venture capital. This means they have a lot more money and resources to throw at sales and marketing. It really is amazing to see how far the company has come based on a very small investment that was made over 15 years ago.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the product and on how you can help the sales team get into more opportunities. If you can help to tee them up, they will knock them down.

7. "Data Scientist"

Current Employee - Data Scientist
    Current Employee - Data Scientist

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers an opportunity to work with outstanding technical people on artificial intelligence projects in the areas of recruiting and workforce management. We are applying developing AI tools from Salesforce, Google and Amazon. IBM is an investor. Management is technology focused.

Cons

Some of the work involves large amounts of data which can be difficult and time consuming to develop. There have been communications problems with developers in different parts of the world.

Advice to Management

The company-wide staff briefings are very good at keeping everyone in the loop. Even the company-wide department briefings are very helpful in understanding what is happening in the different offices.

8. "Top of the class"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have worked at similar companies in the past and have competed against Salesforce and needless to say that's not the easiest task. Salesforce is just years ahead of anything else out there so being able to leverage that power being at Jobscience is awesome. They are really innovating in the space and the product has made leaps and bounds which is also exciting.

I have nothing but positive feedback about the culture and people as well. I find it to be very flexible here and overall it is a great environment.

There is amazing opportunity to have an impact here and the potential for this company is endless.

Cons

Growing pains. Jobscience has brought on a lot of new, larger customers in last few years so scaling with the volume poses a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the product and service improve so our customers remain raving fans. Try to make sure as the company grows that the culture stays as intact as possible. Continue to make improving the process and systems a priority here and making everyone's voice feel heard.

"Good place to work"

I have been working at Jobscience full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative product and passionate employees. Casual and friendly environment, but hard working. Good people who want to see the company succeed. Development has been making great strides in new features and new user interface that will open opportunities in additional markets. Good reputation in the industry.

Cons

Too many people have the ability to put process in place without consulting other teams or understanding how existing process will be effected. This leads to antiquated and broken process that makes it more difficult to complete internal tasks.

Advice to Management

Continue the great advancement of the product.

"It's Not For Everyone."

I have been working at Jobscience full-time

Pros

As another reviewer mentioned, Jobscience is not for the 9-5 clock punchers out there; instead, it both breeds and requires absolute love and dedication of the company. Those that thrive here are self-motivated, creative, and insanely smart. Poor attitudes and laziness won't cut it here, so be prepared to work with the best group of people you've ever met- hands down. Give it your all, the Jobscience will take care of you.

I'm certain the bad reviews on here are from former employees that just can't function in this highly-unstructured environment. If you need lots of handholding, this is not the place for you. However, if you thrive on change, rapid iteration, and collaboration, this is for you! Something about this company gets under your skin and really makes you want to work your butt off to see it succeed.

Plus, you're working on Salesforce, which is great in every way, and the culture is fun, modern, and friendly. The workday goes by quickly!

Cons

The above said...Jobscience likes to change direction too quickly. We have little focus, and the scattered product design and lack of UX testing shows it. Those comments noting that a lot of time is spent placating customers or trying to explain away the product's "quirks" ring true, and it gets old fast. Rather than address these problems, the company either "band-aids" or just ignores them- often in favor of some new, half-baked feature full of its own set of issues. Employees end up paying for it in time and stress, yet nothing seems to change.

You know the old Einstein quote..."Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Be prepared to bang your head on your desk and fight unnecessary fires. I'd call this "growing pains," but we're not a new company and we're not growing that rapidly. We just don't learn.

Advice to Management

Slow down! Actually listen to your customers' feedback, fix the nagging issues, follow a SDLC, and properly test your product before releasing it GA.