Jobspring Partners 157 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Milano

Pros
  • Management have all started off in an entry level role so they understand the struggles as a junior employee (in 26 reviews)

• Company happy hours on Thursdays (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance - again, at the beginning you need to put in a little more time and effort but that's just so you'll see more success quicker (in 18 reviews)

• Ridiculously high turnover rate ( (in 11 reviews)

1. "Recruiter"

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

Solid Experience, learned quite a bit.

Cons

Internal Technology is a tad behind.

2. "Don't knock it til you try it..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

- Growth Potential
    - Managers care about your success
    - There are multiple resources available to you, whether that's having the ability to get one on one time with your manager/other managers/senior recruiters, tailored training meetings twice a week, real time feedback from your manager, online training courses if you need a refresher, and your manager sitting directly in front of you. I've been reading a lot of posts on here about "micromanagement" but if I wasn't "micromanaged" I wouldn't have been successful. You can look at it however you want but the way I looked at it was from the standpoint of believing that my manager knew what it would take to get me good so I followed through on the advise. If I hadn't sat directly in front of my manager I would have had a much different experience. It's an entry level position - you have so much to learn and you have no idea what you're doing! Take advantage of the fact that you have your manager there to guide you. Listen to them and you will see success!!
    - Fun, energetic environment. Happy hours, working with other driven people who have similar goals
    - You build your own book of business and learn more in 4 months here than 2 years anywhere else
    - Compensation (if you dont quit before you even give it a chance). You go from making 33K to well over 100K within 1-3 years.
    - Goal oriented - you always know where you stand and there's always a gameplan in place to hit your goals
    - company-wide competitions
    - Open "bullpen" environment - you're not stuck in a cube by yourself. It's also team based recruiting which helps a TON. Athletes tend to do very well in the environment because it's competitive but supportive. It's exciting when you have an entire office of outgoing, driven people who are getting people jobs and changing people's lives!

- The tech industry is only going to continue to grow which means the tech staffing industry is a very very good place to be.
    - Mentorship/training - interview and you'll get the in-depth version. Work here and you'll live it. You don't build a company solely on promoting from within without amazing training.

Cons

Most of the reviews on her are from people who probably didn't put in the effort to make the story real here. The people who are seeing success and taking advantage of the opportunity at hand are not sitting on Glassdoor writing negative reviews. They're busy making it happen for themselves.

If you're afraid of a little hard work this place won't be for you. What you put into this job you get out of it, so if you're not putting in effort you probably won't be seeing much success. That should be obvious though, no?

- work life balance - again, at the beginning you need to put in a little more time and effort but that's just so you'll see more success quicker. You can do the bare minimum and be ok, but that's not the type of attitude that is going to get you successful. They are looking for motivated, hungry, driven individuals. The people who want to make the story happen are not going to be complaining about the work load because it's really not that difficult. If you want to be at a place where you can coast and chill, you should probably go somewhere else. You don't earn 100-150K within 1-3 years anywhere that you can coast/chill, though, so you should definitely prioritize what's right for you. Once you build your network your network works for you. It gets easier and easier. People always leave too quickly and sometimes results take a little while.

- Cold calling - not for everyone. It's also not that scary when you get as much training as you do. It took me a few weeks to get comfortable on the phones and I was terrified at first but it becomes fun. It also gets your out of your comfort zone. Embrace it!

- Stuff happens - you'll lose a deal here and there or you won't have the best month in terms of numbers, but that's life. On the flip side, you'll learn a lot about emotional intelligence and you'll be even more prepared the next time you come across a certain obstacle or speed bump.

- glassdoor reviews. They all look whiny and sad. It's a bummer too because this job changed my life. I have the skills and experience where I could get any job I wanted but I choose to stay. This place is challenging but it's also incredibly rewarding. These reviews highlight such a small percentage of what the real story is. If you're a driven person and aren't afraid of a challenge, you shouldn't be scared away by some bogus glassdoor reviews. If you take advantage of the opportunity and you WANT it, it's pretty simple and you'll have a ton of fun while doing it.

Advice to Management

The majority of people who work at Jobspring are happy and seeing success - get them to write glassdoor reviews! It's unfair that entry level job seekers only see the negative reviews when those perceptions aren't the real deal.

3. "Good entry level sales training"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Jobspring Partners (More than a year)

Pros

They have a comprehensive 6 week training program, and then meetings every week for best practices in business development, sales and recruiting. They promote from within so if you're passionate about sales then this is a good place to start.

Cons

Sort of a high turn over rate but thats to be expected in a sales environement

5. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros about this place.

Cons

My friend worked here and here are the words my my friend, "Some of the most racist, sexist humans I have ever encountered in my entire life. If you are a female, a POC, a different sexual orientation other than straight, do NOT work here. Basically only work here if you hate women and anyone of diversity, then you'll fit right in. This place is so toxic, managers keep all your commission until you have 20 deals. Completely unrealistic sales goals for a full desk employee. Over 56% turnover.

They DEGRADE you infront of the whole office. They FIRE you infront of the whole office. They will DEMOTE you infront of the whole office."

Thank god my friend doesn't work here anymore.

Advice to Management

Words from my friend that used to work there. "Stop being racist and sexist in the work place, yes you participated in this managers. Have an HR so that people can submit complaints about management to someone. "

"Decent training for a CRAPPY job"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart and fun people to work with
    Sometimes there is good music

Cons

If you want to be successful there won't be much of a work life balance
    Some managers can be good, but most are micromanaging and don't have very helpful advice
    There is an extremely high turnover rate both from people getting fired and people leaving
    They guilt you into not taking sick days
    You can't take any sick days without using what little accrued PTO you may have

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to keep you're employees longer so you can actually develop a staff who wants to be there and really wanted to get into a sales-heavy recruiting role. Maybe mention the high turnover during the interviews so people know what they are getting themselves into. Finding people who actually want to do sales, most of the staff (especially the ones who left or got fired) don't seem to have the "sales" mentality. You guys need to get into that more in the interviews.

7. "Good things come to those who wait"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jobspring give you all the tools you need to be successful. Relationships with a lot of companies for repeat business, opportunity to grow within the company, open communication with management, and so much opportunity to learn skills that you will be able to use in literally any future job. Great stepping stone for a future career in HR or Internal Recruiting, but being a full desk recruiter gives you more freedom!!! It takes some ramping up to build your network, and it doesn't always happen overnight, but if you put in the work, you can be very successful with this company. Every person in this company started in the same position.

Cons

Pay isnt great expecially for cities like LA, SF, and NY where it's barely above the accepted minimum wage, but you get overtime! Management takes junior folks out to lunch, dinner, and out to drinks.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible on the terms with clients - it's hard to walk away from a company that you've previously worked with or have been working with just becuase of negotiations - we have a legal team for a reason, and it can leave a bad taste in the clients mouths.

"Trap for entry-level jobseekers who don't know what the real world is"

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

You'll work with awesome people and probably learn what you hate about a job and never want again.

Cons

I cannot emphasis how true these reviews are. This job is NOT NORMAL. The "sort of high turnover rate" is NOT NORMAL. This is not what the real world looks like - do not fall into this trap. There is an entire world out there of companies with managers and executives who actually care about your well-being and happiness. This job is a weird hybrid of sales and recruiting that no one who wants to be in sales likes, and no one who wants to be in recruiting likes. The turnover is so high. No one wants to be fired from their first job, and they'll fire you for no reason, with no warning. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Advice to Management

Get out too. This is not normal, and this was most of your first job out of school too.

9. "IT Recruiter"

Former Employee - IT Recruiter
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program, great benefits, and cool culture.

Cons

Consistent micro-management, low wages and a minimal reward system. It's a good place for graduates to start and gain experience, but be warned, it's not for everyone. You must work hard in order to succeed. That means working extra hours, staying focused, and consistently communicating with upper management.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the micromanaging and trust your employees to do their work

"Recruiter"

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

I currently work here and there is not one positive thing about this place. Every week something new comes up and makes me dislike this place more and more. This place kills the souls of every young person coming out of college who is trying to start their career.

Cons

I could spend hours listing all the cons and each week there is a new one.
    -Constantly watched by every single PM/LR in the office. You cannot make a single move without them noticing. It feels like you are in high school and the teacher is monitoring an exam. If you enjoy being treated like a middle school/high school student then come work at JSP...
    -Management thinks that by throwing an F bomb here and there, they are motivating the junior staff. How about you learn to speak without cussing and learn how to motivate staff properly? Last time I checked Mark Zuckerberg didn't build his FaceBook Empire by belittling people and by being a total dbag who swears to get a point across.
    -No work like balance. You are obligated to come in before 8am and stay pass 6pm just to make the managers happy. Try leaving one day "on time" and see the death stares you get from everyone.
    -Even though they raised the base salary from 33K to 38K, they still pay below average. Try living on that salary while paying rent, student loans, groceries,etc...not easy.
    -They will try to follow you on social media to see what you are doing during your days off. They legit want you to live and breathe JSP only and if you don't stay late or go to Lir on Thursday's then you are not committed enough and aren't a hard worker. Maybe some people can't afford to go to Lir every week because they have real bills to pay and are not making any money.
    -Every week someone is either quitting or getting fired. They always give the same speech when someone leaves...it goes something like this "We decided to part with James because he was not committed enough and realized sales was not for him, so we parted ways". It always has to be that sales was not for them when in realty after they leave JSP they get a real sales job where they crush it and make actual money. Why can't they be honest and say the real reason the person left...because management sucks and its all a pyramid scheme.

Advice to Management

Actually read all these glassdoor reviews and figure out a way to become a better company. Doing the same thing over and over is not going to attract or keep talent.

"'Promote from within mentality is garbage""

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They don't teach you anything. They give you basic information to repeat but that's not real training. Just get use to getting talked down to by a 23-27 yr old manager whose claiming to be a business genius.

Cons

Everything. They promote from with in which sounds good until you realize that every manager is preaching the same unsophisticated philosophy on sales. The reason you hire externally is to infuse your business with a diversity of ideas and experience- this place takes a cult mentality of hiring young workers and forcing them to think the same way.

Advice to Management

Just change everything. Stop talking about your own greatness and examine the market to realize you may need to change