Jobspring Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Matt Milano

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It's an entry level position - you have so much to learn and you have no idea what you're doing (in 28 reviews)

• Happy hours, working with other driven people who have similar goals (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance - again, at the beginning you need to put in a little more time and effort but that's just so you'll see more success quicker (in 20 reviews)

• Ridiculously high turnover rate ( (in 11 reviews)

1. "Practice Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Practice Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Practice Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started at Jobspring 6.5 years ago as a Entry Level Recruiter, and now I run my own sales team! My success stems from the people that I work with in the region/company. Your colleagues push you to do your absolute best day in and out. Management works with junior and senior staff to develop a road map for their career. It’s a hands on approach that shows the employee that their manager does care about them. There is a great training program, and everyone in the region is willing to help you get better. The environment/culture is fun and energetic. You can joke with people in the office, and jam out to music while making calls to prospective clients. After hours, people will go out together to get food and drinks. The company has national competitions with cool rewards, and Philadelphia wins a lot of them. On top of that, there aren't many places where you can (consistently) earn over six figures in your first two years out of college.

Cons

This is more than just a sales role, so it's not for everyone. This isn't a clock in/clock out job. It's a career. You have to be mindful of what your goals are and think strategically in order to hit them. You are learning how to create business relationships in a fast paced environment. You work long hours some days, but it's not all the time. Not too mention, you are paid for every hour that you work.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving the training for new and existing employees.

2. "Recruiter"

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

Room to grow. Good Oppurtunity

Cons

not very flexible. Very rigid

"An entry level job that become a lot more"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hire entry level employees, and give you the tools to be successful. Everyone is employed from within, so you really are in charge of how high you can climb in the company. You also are giving client facing interaction pretty early on, and everything is team-based, so you have help every step of the way. I came into Jobspring with no idea what I wanted to do with my career, and I gained legitimate professional skills here more quickly than I would have at any other job.

Cons

It's a tough job in a hyper competitive industry, so that definitely isn't for everyone. It's a job that you have to commit to especially when just starting out, you can't really just punch the clock.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the teams can feel a little cliquey, with upper management sometimes branching off and being a little hard to reach. The togetherness is the best part of the job, and should always be the top priority.

4. "Best Recruiting Agency"

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

-Strong support system

- Hands on training

-Great benefits

-base salary + commission

- Great market to be in

-Dog friendly

Cons

-too much candy

-too many chips

- water filter breaks

Advice to Management

Keep it real

5. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

Great company with a great work culture. The training program and the managers in the office do a great job of setting you up for success.

Cons

The work definitely isn't easy but hard working people shouldn't have a hard time succeeding.

Advice to Management

None

6. "Tech Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jobspring Partners full-time

Pros

- Work Hard Play Hard Culture
    - 1:1 Guy to girl ratio
    - Happy hours & events
    - Everyone hired has a distinct persona
    - Ongoing development and training
    - In person and phone B2B sales experience to gain new clientele & place candidates.
    - Playful, flirty ongoing office conversation
    - Bi-weekly meetings and trainings
    - Work in teams of 6 and compete with other teams
    - Get to know teams and managers quickly
    - Rewarded based on performance
    - Clear, tangible target objectives for promotion
    - Daily, monthly, & quarterly goals
    - The golden recruiters make 6 figures by the end of their first year

Cons

Is it easy? No. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

- Put in the hours on the front end. No, you're not going to get told your special or get a participation ribbon. You will be pushed and coached so that you will PERFORM.
    - Bullpen office layout. There's no hiding.
    - Difficult if you have limited knowledge of tech, sectors, industries, roles, & SAAS.
    - You have to think on your feet and learn quickly. If you're looking for easy, this ain't the place for you.
    - You have to connect the dots on your own and strategize from observation.
    - 45-50 hour work week

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

7. "Time Spent Is Time Saved"

Former Employee - Practice Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Practice Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This job is not easy. That doesn't make it a bad organization/position/position. It means anything worth doing isn't easy.

- paid training. You are paid to learn an industry that is BOOMING worldwide. Google it.
    - performances based culture. If you're looking for a participation trophy this isn't the place for you. If you're competitive, self-aware and know how to hustle you will reap the benefits.
    - relationships: I have made friendships here that will last a life time and continue to add value to my personal and professional life. Even on the candidate and client side where I will have life long friendships.
    - collegial atmosphere. Work hard play hard ladies and gentlemen
    - if you care and work hard you will be showered with the mentorship you will hear about in the interview.
    - mobility I was fortunate enough to live and work in multiple cities because of this organization. Life changing.

Cons

- long hours. Not a 9-5 job. I only put this here because if you view it as a con don't come work here
    - it's hard and can be frustrating but again anything worth doing...
    - the organization can be a little ridged
    - low entry level salary

Advice to Management

It may be time to reach out and gain perspective from other organizations you compete with: culture, scalability, retention of top talent, compensation. Those are the areas that outside perspective and having moved on to another firm I can say need a bit of work. Entry level salaries are too low and draws for commissionable seats are out-dated. Keep building both business lines, really was a pleasure working here.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of training and young drinking culture

Cons

Micromanagement and pyramid scheme! Avoid at all costs! They take advantage of you

Advice to Management

Develop a different strategy for management

9. "Okay experience"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you great communication skills and how keep yourself accountable.

Cons

Training is terrible and is too long of a process.

"Great opportunity for those who are mentally ready"

Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Lead Recruiter in Arlington, VA

I worked at Jobspring Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm voluntarily writing this review after leaving Jobspring since it seems there are some overly bitter reviews on here. I worked at Jobspring for three years and was promoted in the timeframe that was promised to me. It wasn't easy. It was hard as hell and I put a lot of time into the job and saw success. I've seen a lot of people come and go and most of the ones who don't work out have the same characteristics: bail out the first time things get hard, want instant gratification without consistent effort, don't seek advice when they are struggling, and don't speak their honest opinion on situations. Also, not sure where people are saying you get capped on the base before lead or that people have done 30+ deals before getting promoted. All very false.

In terms of the pros:

Training: The training program at Jobspring is very detailed and covers everything you need to know about sales and recruiting. Management also has meetings to determine what indviduals need to move their career forward so it becomes tailored to help you succeed. I worked with recruiters to find my new job and was honestly shocked by how bad other agencies are.

Communication: There are few companies that you can pull your manager and tell them how you feel (unfiltered) and not get repremanaded for it. At Jobspring you can grab your manager about anything you want. Struggling at the job? Pull them. Things bad at home? Pull them. Pissed off at your manager? Pull them. Your manager will be open and honest with you as well. This allows you to work in a relatively drama free environment where you can actually focus on work and personal growth.

Culture: I made some of my best friends at Jobspring and still hang out with people who have left and are still there. Happy hours are fun too and you can actually get time to know people on a personal level there.

Growth: The promotion plan is real. I got there and watched 4 of my close friends get there. I was 24 and making close to 6 figures. That's almost unheard of and all of my friends in sales/recruiting roles put up with a lot more stuff for less pay.

Cons

There are micromanagement aspects to this job. That being said you only get micromanaged if you need it. If you are doing well, your manager isn't going to be down your back. If you are doing poorly, its to help you. Make the adjustments and things get better. Then you can actually grow your career.

This is a sales job. There will be cold calling. If you can't see yourself getting over that I would say this isn't for you.