Jobvite Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Jobvite CEO Dan Finnigan
Dan Finnigan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Excellent work/life balance and flexibility" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great People and Overall atmosphere" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains associated with adding a lot of employees quickly" (in 7 reviews)

• "Low pay; close to 45% below market" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Love Working here"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Jobvite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smaller employee size so there is a sense of community. I'm not in San Mateo, but I still feel connected and comfortable reaching out to anyone.
    Very helpful, friendly team.
    Flexible work environment.
    Very open to ideas and collaboration.
    Always looking for internal improvements as well as system improvements so that employees and customers have a great experience.
    Ability to move positions within the company.
    I actually enjoy my job and my customers.

Cons

Smaller companies are a pro and a con. They are flexible and can implement changes and improvements quickly. That also means that as an employee you need to be able to work in an environment where you can pick up new things very quickly and be able to work hard to make these innovations happen. There's going to be less hand holding so you need to be able to hit the ground running, but it opens you up to grow more and open opportunities.

2. "Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Jobvite full-time

Pros

Great People and Overall atmosphere

Cons

Low Salaries and Slow Product Progress

Advice to Management

Need to expand into other product categories

Jun 1, 2018 – Jobvite Executive Team

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience working at Jobvite. We, as an Executive Leadership Team, take your review seriously and want to better understand it so that we can address the... More

"I'll always smile a little bit when I think of my time working at Jobvite. Thanks Gang!"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Jobvite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people. I cannot think of a company where I've worked with such a unique group of caring people. One of Jobvite's values was "Don't hire a**holes". Of course, one or two always sneaks through, but they don't last long for the most part. Jobvite has a great group of people that really want the company and the employees to succeed. There's a lot of passionate, hardworking people there.

Jobvite isn't for everybody. It's a small scrappy company, and you have to be creative with limited resources. That said, nobody will stop you from coming up with solutions. If they try, just keep pushing forward and have a good attitude. Nobody will fault you for being tenacious at Jobvite. If you're coming from a large company get used to rolling up your sleeves on doing some small things as well as leading large initiatives yourself. That's the fun part though, right? Get creative!

Cons

Let's get rid of Cons, and just say "could be improved":
    -Starting pay could be better, but Jobvite does reward for performance. If you think you're amazing and worth more, prove it!
    -Some of the people that have been there a while are coasting and need to get back their head back into the game.

Advice to Management

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!

"Great Team"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Jobvite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are top notch, respectable and respectful, smart and ambitious. You can tell that work / life balance is important to management. The overall experience has been a very positive one.

Cons

There could be more transparency on what the corporate and team revenue goals are and more of an incentive to hit team goals including accelerators.

Advice to Management

Since the sales team is remote for the most part, it would make sense to put more of an emphasis on achieving team goals in addition to individual goals.

5. "Everyone Should Use Jobvite!"

Former Employee - Renewals Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Renewals Manager in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Jobvite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great platform
    Hardworking team that is passionate and friendly
    Very Supportive leadership that is always willing to jump in and help
    Generous comp plan
    Happy customers

Cons

No formal training
    competitive space BUT I am always happy when I click on a career page powered by Jobvite. I know it will be a seamless process that is fast and efficient.

Advice to Management

Take over the market, the platform is fantastic.

"Good Company, Strong Product, Needs Better Direction"

I worked at Jobvite full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing company out to make a mark in the ATS space. Good product and versatile amongst the competition

Cons

Lack of cultivating a strong and viable culture with the sales teams. Management just manages to the number without much thought given to the people.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the talent you have and cultivate it. There is no magic wand to wave, it takes day to day interactions and sometimes the employees need a pat on the back and not just the stick.

Jan 24, 2018 – Sr. Director, Marketing Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the sales culture at Jobvite. I only wish that you had shared them with me while you were here. As the leader of Jobvite sales, and as a member of our executive... More

"If only I had known..Jobvite does not like women"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Jobvite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, nice kitchen fully stocked.

Cons

Location is tough commute unless you live somewhat local. Benefits are not great. Working remotely not an option. Zero career growth possibilities unless you're a guy. Company is way behind others in this area for employee benefits and culture. NOT a place for women looking for career growth

Advice to Management

Wake up - the high employee turnover is going to get worse unless you make an effor to offer comparable benefits. Hire or promote some WOMEN - Jobvite is a textbook example of sexism in Silicon Valley - all men in Exec Management team and seems like only guys get promoted or hired in leadership positions- why not try to promote Jobvite as being supportive of women? You might stop having so many people leave. The number of people who have left so far is a source of worry for those who remain

Oct 23, 2017 – Jobvite Executive Team

Thank you for your contributions at Jobvite and for taking time to leave a review. Your advice to management is something that has been discussed and we’re very cautious of since Silicon Valley and... More

"Great place to work"

I worked at Jobvite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks and benefits
    Very employee focus
    Passionate people who truly care about the product

Cons

Very rigid about telecommuting. No maternity/paternity benefits beyond standard short term disablity

9. "Great people, exciting future"

I have been working at Jobvite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is flexible around your career goals, and makes an effort to make sure that you are doing work that you enjoy. The people are all awesome, and even as a remote employee I feel like I have a great relationship with those at HQ and other remote employees

Cons

Typical growing pains. Rising superstars occasionally get poached but that is to be expected at a growing tech company.

Oct 26, 2017 – Jobvite Executive Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We love working with our employees to see them reach their career goals.

10. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Jobvite full-time

Pros

Excellent culture that encourages a healthy work-life balance. The management team is always available and eager to help without micromanaging.

Cons

Sometimes remote employees can be a little out of the loop.