KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Jobvite

Is this your company?

Jobvite

Add a Review

Jobvite Employee Reviews about "jobvite"

Updated Nov 2, 2021

Found 48 of over 177 reviews

4.0
Jobvite CEO Pete Lamson
Pete Lamson
Pros
  • "The leadership at Jobvite is driven by truth & here to listen(in 35 reviews)

• "Unlimited PTO is great for work/life balance, and working from home as well(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The massive growth Jobvite has seen in the last two years is still continuing, leaving some teams a little chaotic in the mix(in 23 reviews)

• "Benefits are meh, no 401k match, health insurance could be better, pay is middle of the road(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Current Employee

Great company, great people

Mar 19, 2021 - Web Designer/Developer in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome culture. Management treats employees like people. Great product.

Cons

The massive growth Jobvite has seen in the last two years is still continuing, leaving some teams a little chaotic in the mix.

Global Recruiting Leader

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Love hearing "awesome culture" from a current team member!! It's team members that make it great, so keep sharing your feedback in our engagement surveys and with your managers - we always want to hear how it's going. Keep up the good work!

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away! Things just keep getting worse!

Nov 2, 2021 - Implementation Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sadly, I don’t have much to put in this section. Work from home is a pro and I would also add “unlimited” PTO. However with the PTO, sometimes it’s just not worth taking any time off. With our project loads always being so high, it’s more stressful to be out of the office.

Cons

Quite a bit to add here… Turnover in the Professional Services team is ridiculously high. The implementation team specifically has seen at least 10 employees leave…this year alone! Project load is also unrealistic. On any given day we have 40+ projects as a given time. Then if someone from the team leaves, those projects get added. It is extremely unrealistic to expect us to keep this up for very long and that is one of the reasons why people are leaving. Burn out… For all of this, Jobvite doesn’t compensate you properly. In fact, they pay way below industry standard. Another reason why people are leaving. It’s not worth it to work yourself to death to get paid what they pay us. There are no internal mobility options. 3 people left this year because they applied for management positions and they were given to someone outside the company each time. What does that say about how Jobvite feels about their talent?! Jobvite claims they are an enterprise system but the system is not an enterprise system. Every enterprise client I work with complains because the system is not configurable enough for their needs. Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Always bug issues when new features are released. It’s almost like these don’t go through a QA and /or testing phase. And if new features do work, they aren’t complete. They may roll out a single piece of the feature and roll the rest of it at a later time. Management is clueless and think there aren’t any problems.

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Remote worker with lots of flexibilities

Mar 25, 2020 - Sales Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Majority of the sales team is remote and there is no sense that "Big Brother" is watching over you and micro-managing. The way Salesforce and our sales process is set up is aligned with the Buyer's Journey, which I love since it's much more natural for our clients, is very transparent, and provides them a much better experience. We're compensated well, US health benefits are good for Singles (unsure about family or couples) and there are other reimbursement perks (that may or may not be available for all employees, but definitely remote employees like internet, phone, and gym reimbursement.) Product offering is pretty sweet too, whether someone is considering the full suite, or just particular functions.

Cons

401K is offered, but there's no match. 4 companies becoming 1 has its natural challenges when migrating systems, and the first year definitely had speed bumps, but things are quite smooth and efficient now (2020.) The current GTM strategy (using the Jobvite and Talemetry brands) can be confusing for new conversations, but it's a segue and opportunity to discuss the new Jobvite, which is typically well-received

1 person found this review helpful

Global Recruiting Leader

I really enjoyed reading your review - thanks for sharing such a detailed account of your experience! The continued investment in sales and operations is critical to creating the transparent experience you spoke of, so it's good to hear you're seeing the value. Great observation about brand alignment and GTM strategy - among other marketing initiatives, we've made investments into product marketing recently which will help us continue to evolve in this area specifically. I'll also share your suggestion for additional product training with the team to see what can be added to the existing library!

4. 5.0

The best is yet to come

Jul 31, 2020 - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership at Jobvite is driven by truth & here to listen. They listen not only to their employees but to our prospects/customers. We are being influenced every day by our leaders who not only know the way to success, but they show us the way. Constantly being coached and held accountable for our work. I have never worked for an organization that lives out its values like this one...we do what we say, we care, we embrace a growth mindset, & we keep it real.

Cons

401k match... would be a nice to have.

Global Recruiting Leader

Our values are everything and it's awesome to hear that you so those in action! Keep the feedback coming, both as an employee and on behalf of our customers!!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

High growth, fast moving company, genuine care for employees

Aug 4, 2020 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

From the top-down, the culture at Jobvite is one of empowerment, sincerity and a desire to continually improve to deliver innovative solutions to our customers. The senior leadership team demonstrates a genuine care for the well-being of employees. We work hard and in an environment of continuous improvement so we are continuously getting better. The company is large enough to provide stability, but small enough and without bureaucracy so employees are empowered to get things done.

Cons

401k match would be great

1 person found this review helpful

Global Recruiting Leader

Empowerment, sincerity, continuous improvement....you flatter us!! Knowing these things are important to you makes us thrilled you're part of our team! We evaluate our benefits offerings each year and are always appreciative of feedback on what you'd like to see more of. Employee feedback is a critical part of that evaluation and planning - keep it coming!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee

Truly, one of the worst companies I have ever worked for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sep 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Shrewd PE firm behind the scenes with high motivation to implement an efficient structure and effective strategy for maximum profitability as it seems Jobvite is the largest and most complex of all the companies in their portfolio. 2. Aman Brar is a respectable individual and the perfect selection as the CEO figurehead of the new company with his demonstration of ethics, charisma, and compassion. 3. There are a number of honest, humble, hardworking, and inspiring individuals. 4. The company is best suited for recent college graduates and entry-level professionals. 5. The Glassdoor ratings are recently important and there are efforts being taken for more company transparency and accountability (plus the entertainment factor of the new individual replying to the reviews as the Jobvite “Global Recruiting Leader”).

Cons

1. High turnover rate and layoffs are the norm. The best people tend to leave pretty quickly. 2. Consistent changes in senior management. 3. External hiring before internal promotion. 4. Expect to inherit 3 to 4 additional employees work loads with no compensation adjustment. 5. The majority of the workforce are not long term employees, many do not have at least 2+ years history with the company. 6. Uncompetitive salaries, minimum benefits, no 410k match, no raises, no stock options, etc. 7. Significant unsatisfied clients with issues on the product being built for small businesses which will require the clients to end up building their own workarounds to get the pertinent data and reporting. 8. Dated internal intranet and process documentation. 9. Slow moving and unhealthy culture. 10. Microsoft Intune installed on all work devices + Outlook calendar and e-mail. *Click the downward arrow next to the official rating to see the insights into the overall trend and timeline of the Jobvite ratings history to make your own conclusion. The pinnacle of 5 star review ratings occurs prior to April 2019. Since then, ratings have plummeted with the lowest ratings being centered around the end of 2019/early 2020. There has been a strong push for employees to make positive rating reviews to save the company reputation .

6 people found this review helpful

Global Recruiting Leader

We agree, Aman is a fantastic leader that we're luck to have. We appreciate your feedback and will look into your specific points in more detail. We ask our employees how they're feeling regularly and have engagement scores above benchmark for the tech industry. Thanks to our customer feedback Jobvite has been named a Leader among ATS, CRM, Onboarding, Recruitment Marketing, and Video Interviewing solutions including leadership in the mid-market and enterprise space.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Jobvite is gone.

Aug 18, 2019 - Sales in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Still has some theoretical potential for growth - Company probably retains some "startup" feel to it just because of the rate of change and now smaller size of the workforce

Cons

- K1 came in and cleaned house - Senior management, gone - Mid-level management, many gone - Top performers, gone - Many who were lucky enough not to be laid off have now quit - HQ being moved from Bay Area to Indianapolis, of all places - Didn't get a single raise or performance review in many years working there - I was definitely expected to regularly work 60-80 hour weeks, saw many people in the same department as me working far less than 40, arriving late leaving early, etc. - K1 is now trying to combine Jobvite with three other, smaller companies; this means features will be delayed and management will be distracted; in the end the customers will lose out, big time

7 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you very much for your contributions while at Jobvite and for taking time to leave a review. We, as a Leadership Team, take all reviews and recommendations seriously as we continue to grow and try to improve for our our customers. We will take a closer look at your advice as we move forward.

8. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work

Mar 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Employees all work together to support our customers. Management has a ton of experience and cares deeply about their employees. Software platform works extremely well and gets better every quarter. The entire team seems to be heading in the same direction together and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my first 5 months with Jobvite.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any.

Global Recruiting Leader

Thanks for your great review and we're glad you're here! We love hearing from new employees and value the feedback and ideas your fresh perspective can bring to the table. Keep sharing your feedback with the leaders in your team to help us achieve our vision!

9. 5.0

Jobvite SDR Review

Feb 26, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Empowering and creative culture - Transparent and honest leadership team - Jobvite has the resources of a large, industry leading SaaS company but the feel and work ethic of a startup like company - Focus on doing the right thing, always - Industry leading product/solution - Tons of room for employee growth and desire to promote employees from within - Flexible work schedule - Generous benefits

Cons

- Large remote workforce presence can make communication difficult at times - Many competitors in the talent acquisition space

Global Recruiting Leader

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! We do have a large distributed workforce that spans several US locations, but international as well. It's helped us to create a diverse team, but communication is always something we're working on and we recognize that it's key to keeping everyone on the same page heading towards the same vision. We're always open to hearing your ideas for improvement in this area - the Talent Team is all ears, so please reach out to us!

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Farewell Jobvite

Dec 23, 2019 - Anonymous in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It used to be full of interesting problems to solve, and with a remarkable degree of autonomy and openness. I guess you can still make time to balance work and career, especially in the Bay Area, since no one is paying attention to the work you do anyway.

Cons

Sadly, the new management has created an environment pretty much the opposite of the "old" Jobvite--decisions are poorly-explained and top-down. The leadership doesn't know how to run a SaaS company (and in some cases, has never even worked in the field they were assigned to lead), and the new hires are generally of lower quality than the ones they chased away. A few good eggs remain, but if you're in the Bay Area, you won't ever see them anyway, since they're closing the Bay Area office and moving HQ to Indianapolis.

6 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for your numerous contributions at Jobvite and for taking time to leave a review of your experience. We continually strive to provide a great work atmosphere for our employees and we are always evaluating our real estate as part of that. We have no plans to close our San Mateo office, and have in fact recently moved our team there to a newer, updated space. We are sorry to hear you didn’t have the best experience, but we are always working to improve and appreciate your feedback as part of that process.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews