KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Jobvite

Is this your company?

Jobvite

Add a Review

Jobvite Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 22, 2021

Found 19 of over 176 reviews

4.0
Jobvite CEO Pete Lamson
Pete Lamson
Pros
  • "The leadership at Jobvite is driven by truth & here to listen(in 35 reviews)

• "Unlimited PTO is great for work/life balance, and working from home as well(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The massive growth Jobvite has seen in the last two years is still continuing, leaving some teams a little chaotic in the mix(in 23 reviews)

• "Benefits are meh, no 401k match, health insurance could be better, pay is middle of the road(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

313 Comments

Join the conversation on

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture with Startup Feel

Jun 14, 2021 - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The organization lives their values - We Care; We Do What We Say; We Embrace a Growth Mindset; We Keep It Real. The software solution is a high quality solution, and best in breed. All we do is recruiting - that's our whole focus, so we're able to bring a higher level of expertise to really help customers with their TA practice. The company listens to their employees' feedback and does things to modify process or develop process/tools to help accommodate needs. Leadership is willing to rollup their sleeves to pitch in. There is a great DEI program in place with a committee that incorporates insightful sessions around this area, and invites amazing guest speakers to help us learn more about DEI. Unlimited PTO is great for work/life balance, and working from home as well. The culture is supportive.

Cons

It has a startup feel and with the mergers/acquisitions, there is constant change, which may not be ideal for some people. Others, like me, thrive in this kind of environment.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Never Ending "startup" - work yourself to the bone for no benefit

Jun 28, 2021 - Implementation
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home friendly. Unlimited PTO - if you're able to use it without making more stress for yourself.

Cons

Work/Life balance: you need to work as much as possible to keep up. Benefits: not 401k match, regular insurance, nothing else. Pay: no raises, even for "promotions." Career advancement: hires come from outside, internal promotions just add a new job to your existing workload. Management (all levels): Full of platitudes and promises but day after day most people are forced to trudge through their workload unsupported. Management does not have your back when there are problems and people on the ground are the ones solving every issue. "Escalations" go all the way up the flag pole but end up right back with the original person who has to figure out where to go to resolve them. Management just adds pressure and eyeballs but does not actually take initiative to be of any service - many times it fails as if they work for the client and not the same company.

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible

Aug 3, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation, good work life balance , remote opportunities no other positives. No other positives that I can think of

Cons

Poor culture, poor leadership , poor product, lack of communication from all levels of the business

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Tough but Impactful

Feb 11, 2021 - Account Manager in Indianapolis, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with some of the smartest people ever. Leadership is supportive and wants to win. Unlimited PTO is also pretty good

Cons

Always feel like you can be let go. Work-life balance is “fluster-cluck” at times; as you are never really done. I find myself putting out fires from 8:30am-10pm at least 3/5 days a week.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting future, some growing pains

Jan 16, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team has great vision for the organization. The suite of products is amazing and positions the company well for the future. The internal teams are passionate and hard working.

Cons

Work life balance is a challenge. The leadership teams are aware and working to make improvements.

Jobvite Response

Global Recruiting Leader

Thanks for your thoughtful review. The passionate people of Jobvite are our pride and joy! The product roadmap is definitely exciting, and we're glad you're here with us for that journey into the future. We know work and life balance can be a challenge for everyone, especially over the year 2020, and we want to continue to help our team strike the right balance which looks different for each individual. Updates to the time off plans in 2020 aimed to increase flexibility for all team members to take time when and how they need it, and our own Kelly Lavin shared her person thoughts on the blog last month as well: https://www.jobvite.com/blog/employee-experience/the-importance-of-balance-for-todays-always-on-workforce/ . Our HR Business Partners are also available to talk with any employee at any time to strategize with you on ideas to incorporate more balance into your schedule if you're finding it hard to do on your own. We Care about the team and are always here to support you!

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away

Sep 4, 2019 - R&D in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jobvite still has a relevant brand for recruiting software. The product is decent and liked by customers. Company has above-average benefits, lunch twice a week and well stocked kitchen. Good work-life balance and friendly co-workers.

Cons

The new Jobvite company (post acquisition) has no clue on what customers want and how to execute. The company has been constantly missing goals and trying to put a positive spin on it. The entire original executive team has left in the last 4 months and the new executive team has zero experience of running and growing a mature SaaS company. They are focused solely on securing their positions by hiring/promoting their "yes-men" who will never question the status-quo. In case you intellectually challenge them, you will be humiliated in front of the entire team. The morale in San Mateo is at a all-time low and most of the top-performers have already left or are planning to leave by the end-of-year.

8 people found this review helpful

Jobvite Response

Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you very much for your continued contributions and for taking time to leave a review. We, as a Leadership Team, take all reviews, suggestions, and recommendations seriously as we continue to grow and improve for both our employees and our customers. We will take a closer look at your advice as we move forward.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are amazing! I've been working in the Silicon Valley for a long time - you won't find a better group of people who are genuine, sincere, caring, fun and passionate. - Small enough that you get to work with everyone including the CEO! - Excellent brand. Jobvite is a great product with a strong brand out there in the HR community. This company is going places! - Benefits - They're generous for a small, non-public company. They cover a lot from a benefits perspective. Free snacks, huge variety of breakfast items, lunch twice a week, uber rides from the train, annual baseball game, summer picnic at the CEO's house, etc. - You will always be busy here. There's an opportunity to learn so much if you're willing to take on the challenge. -Excellent work/life balance and flexibility.

Cons

- Some unexperienced people managers - they started to offer manager training so hopefully this helps, but this can be challenging. - Career growth - a problem with many small companies.

8. 4.0

Great Team

Feb 22, 2018 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are top notch, respectable and respectful, smart and ambitious. You can tell that work / life balance is important to management. The overall experience has been a very positive one.

Cons

There could be more transparency on what the corporate and team revenue goals are and more of an incentive to hit team goals including accelerators.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great Innovative Company

Feb 11, 2019 - Director of Professional Services in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talemetry is driven to provide the best in class recruitment marketing software and all departments are focused on providing an excellent customer experience. The synergy between departments is strong and employees at all levels have the ability to be heard and contribute. The comoany is growing and the work is always challenging. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Would like more face to face team meetings.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Just happy to be here!

Oct 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best boss I've had yet, always learning, work/life balance, great culture, I see myself working here for a while, open workspace

Cons

Vacation policy is too short, few opportunities to work with other teams, few workshops for personal/individual development, separation of floors and teams, location in San Mateo, commuting

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews