Jodhpuri Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Positive Internship"

Former Intern - Accounting and Sales in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Intern - Accounting and Sales in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Jodhpuri as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As a college student, Jodhpuri allowed me to do so many different things. I worked in the accounting office and was also able to participate in sales and marketing. Learned a lot of skills that other companies could not offer. Company was flexible with hours.

Cons

President and VP are not on the same page. The VP would give me a task and sometimes the President told me not to do that. It was confusing. Senior employees were not always happy to train interns.

Advice to Management

Don't ask each employee what they are doing everyday. Give them weekly duties and follow up with them at the end of the week.

"Graphic designer"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Neptune, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Neptune, NJ

I worked at Jodhpuri as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Sorry, but this company was a very negative experience. Most of the staff were pleasant and helpful.

Cons

The management was unavailable for comment on projects. The files were not organized and there was no IT help when the file server broke down. No one knew passwords and all the sales associates used different project request submission forms. The art office was cold and very dirty. Supplies were old and the computer software was out of date.
    I was never really told the scope of the projects or given any final approvals from management.
    After 3 weeks of waiting I had to go to the office to request my last payment.
    This not a pleasant place to work.

Advice to Management

There is little I can say to this company. They have functioned in this manner for a long time and have prospered. But the company would greatly benefit from a competent management team.

"Steer away from this company!"

Former Employee - IT Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - IT Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Jodhpuri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only the employees are nice. Unfortunately there isn't much pro and this my unbiased review.

Cons

The CEO micromanages everything! To complete a Project from point A to point Z....your questioned and told what to do until you forgot the sequential order of tasks to complete a simple Project. Then your yelled and disrespected, when the CEO has no working knowledge on how the project works, but expect it to be done out of thin air.

It's unethical how they treat you here, and you get yelled at until they make you feel small. This is the shortest employment I have ever had in 10 years. They'll most likely hold onto your last paycheck if you leave. And if you worked overtime....you won't be compensated.

Worst part, I read the reviews prior to entering into this organization thinking I can hop through these obstacles that people before me mentioned...and I was wrong.

Unfortunately the lowest star I can give is 1 star since there isn't anything lower.

My first day after signing the paperwork felt horrible. It involved two days of cleaning up the previous employee cubicle, and found a container of fungus and noodles and half eaten kit Kat in his drawer. Still to that day, that cubicle is so messy I couldn't stretch my legs out.

You will be feel bossed around, micromanaged, disrespected, face unethical issues, not get your last check, work like an animal....and yet no one would care. For future employees, do not sign the contract until you experienced the work environment. There is no perks, benefits, and high chance of injuries occurring in their warehouse without being compensated.

Advice to Management

Read your reviews and change your habits. But being here proved enough that you don't care.

"Don't EVEN step inside! If they contact you, DON'T RESPOND"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Jodhpuri full-time

Pros

Friendly coworkers. In which I feel really bad for anyone who tries to stick it out.

Cons

• They will woo you with promises so you accept employment. Then you soon learn it's all a lie!! Once you catch on, your fired!
    • Everyone has 10 job titles, they pile on the workload beyond humanly possible. Then wonder why things aren't being done timely.
    • They give multiple employees the same tasks, making everyone run in circles.
    • MICROMANAGE - the greatest source of insanity.
    • If you leave with your sanity, you're lucky!

Advice to Management

Just stop the madness. PLEASE if you have any sense of humanity.
    Hire a management team, and STAY HOME and just let the professionals do their job!

"sales and marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

had my own hours and they were flexible with my schedule

Cons

This was my first job at a 'cooperate' office. it was disturbing to see how many ethically wrong things they were doing in there. it was literally a hell hole. the interns get leeway with a lot since they dont have a lot of responsibilities but they do become the slaves of the office. the older workers are really nice once you get to know them but there so tired of teaching youngsters all about a job when they usually leave within a couple months. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT LAST HERE FOR A WHILE. i worked here for 6 months and saw so many people leave and come i didnt care to learn the names of the new employees either .

Advice to Management

STOP MICROMANAGING. PRESIDENT NEEDS TO SPEAK TO VP AND STOP CONFUSING EVERYONE ELSE. BE APPROPRIATE. DONT CALL PEOPLE STUPID.

"Working interview. Horrible experience."

Former Employee - Temp in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Temp in Parsippany, NJ

Pros

Very few if any pros

Cons

did not explain anything. Very un organized. Rude people.

Advice to Management

Change everything.

"Very unorganized, a lot of micromanaging"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Jodhpuri as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

not many, if any at all

Cons

very disorganized, no culture, no sense of comfort

Advice to Management

change everything

"Great Internship"

Current Intern - Sales/Marketing in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Intern - Sales/Marketing in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Jodhpuri as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern in such a small company, you get to do lots and interact with all the employees. You do things like create product presentations, invoice orders, make sales calls, fill out vendor applications, attend meetings, etc.
    -Great products and use of product differentiation
    -One of the first companies to introduce Reed Diffusers
    -One of a kind products like Potpourri Filled Lanterns, Potpourri Filled Wire Forms, unique Moscow Mule Mugs
    -VP (Sheila ) is a well versed business woman: business savvy, always trendy, great saleswoman with an impeccable memory
    -Employees are a family with the common goal of expanding Jodhpuri
    -Decent pay
    -Company is very flexible with college students' schedules
    -Great college internship

Cons

-Too much micromanaging
    -Need a bigger facility. Samples are scattered throughout employees' desks and in the conference room

Advice to Management

-Company Management is inconsistent (For instance, one day you could be told to work with another employee to help them with their work, then the next day you two will be given a lecture on how inefficient it is to have 2 people working on the same job)
    -Company President micromanages: President asks EACH employee what they are working on every few HOURS. As a company president he should not have that much involvement in employees' work
    -Improve on common goals btwn President & VP.

"My experience was terrible."

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Jodhpuri as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Perfected research abilities and creation of powerpoints.

Cons

Treated employees terrrible, hundreds of people left the company in the past few years.

Advice to Management

No comment.

11. "If you like being abused, and only need 1/3rd of a paycheck, work for Jodhpuri"

Pros

Everyone else that works there is getting treated just as poorly as you are. If you survive your employment ordeal, you might not cry yourself to sleep every night wondering what it was you did to deserve this fate. That's a bonus, but it's probably because you are drinkiong yourself to sleep. it really is that bad.

Cons

there is no leadership, just constant arguing between the own and the sales vp. they have no problem doing anything to make a buck, ethics be damned. you will not get a raise in pay or benefits, so forget that. throw out your job title. they had the IT guy running invoicing and internation receiving paperwork, their art dept head supervising warehouse workers on the production line, the interns design the website. it's a chaotic mess because the owners constantly bicker with each other and use you to do so. constantly yelling at people and calling them stupid, not professional at all.

Advice to Management

your employees lack direction because you give them too much to do and spend way too much time talking about every little detail of every little job, then arguing about the cost for three weeks before you finally decide, now that the work is done, htat you won't pay for it and leave some shellshocked sales intern to break the news. you are utterly rediciulous and should just stop trying.