Jodi's Gym Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great part-time job"

Current Employee - Gymnastics Coach in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Gymnastics Coach in New York, NY

I have been working at Jodi's Gym part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to work at Jodi's Gym while still attending school. Great hourly pay. Learned a lot about teaching and children. Management truly cares about educating teachers and keeping kids safe and happy. Active and fun job-days fly by

Cons

You have to commit to a set schedule for several months. At times, this was difficult with my personal/school schedule.

Advice to Management

Really appreciate the learning and care given to me and my individual needs. I would suggest having more subs available.

2. "An easy job made stressful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The kids are sweet and it is always wonderful to host a party and see the joy on the child's face. The gym is a bit smaller so you get to make intimate connections and get to know the children and their families.

Cons

Classes are packed with five minutes in between so there is not sufficient time to shift equipment in a safe manner to where it needs to be for the next class. Each class and party is cookie cutter because there is no time to personalize and give special attention. There is no cleaning person during the day, so any "accidents" are the responsibility of the office or coaches to clean up. There are no subs because turnover is very fast. Therefore, you are made to feel guilty if you have an emergency or illness.

Advice to Management

They need to take time to value their employees. On weekends they expect you to work 10 hour days without any break for lunch or even a snack. When you do get a lunch, they call or follow you to continue discussing work even after being asked not to. They constantly bring down the morale of the team and create a state of panic over situations that could be a quick and easy fix. They obsess over minor details and fail to look at the big picture.

3. "Camp Instructor"

Former Employee - Instructor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Instructor in New York, NY

I worked at Jodi's Gym part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Jodi's Gym is run extremely well. Clear expectations. High compensation. I had a lot of fun while working there. Learned a lot about the industry

Cons

I was part time, and wish I had more hours sometimes. Other than that, I have very little to complain about.

4. "Great part time work for college student"

Former Employee - Gymnastics and Party Instructor in Mount Kisco, NY
    Former Employee - Gymnastics and Party Instructor in Mount Kisco, NY

I worked at Jodi's Gym part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved working with the kids and the staff, great work environment.
    Clear job requirements and expectations
    I was trained extensively and felt well prepared when I started to teach
    It was great to work for a company where they cared about customer satisfaction, and customers always seemed very happy with the services.

Cons

Because I was new to the staff, I couldn't get as many hours as I wanted during the week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Okay Part-Time, Transitional Job for former gymnasts"

Current Employee - Instructor/Office in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Instructor/Office in New York, NY

Pros

Jodi's Gym has a good hourly pay for a starting instructor. Lesson plans but freedom once you've been teaching a few months and can justify why you teach a certain way.

Cons

Like most child class places you must work weekends. If you're an hourly employee you may have strange hours where you have long gaps in between classes. Classes can be over packed and unorganized.

Advice to Management

Value your employees! Teaching can be a tough job and instructors should be given positive feedback more than paranoid concerns over safety. Look closely at your management they undermine employers and often lower morale with immature criticizing and control tactics.