Joe's Jeans Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joe's Jeans President, CEO, and Director Marc B. Crossman
Marc B. Crossman

"Don't waste your time with this company; they're not profiting and neither will you."

Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Poorly run business, inefficient business practices, poor communication, "corporation" operating as a startup, poor work/life balance, terrible people

Cons

Micro management, poorly run business, not a profiting company, basic jeans and tee brand trying to be luxury, a brand trying to be luxury when no one in the company comes from a luxury background: "corporate" employees consist of low end outlet and forever21 backgrounds, this company is "clicky" whereas people who have some relationship with Joe are given illegitimate authority in the business to interject their personal perspective of business and employees which consist of personal vendettas against any new hires that don't kiss ass, their visuals team is atrocious-the worst I've ever seen, they have no idea what they're doing, and this company is just a typical retail environment; cutthroat, fake, unprofessional, and full of phony and tacky people to put it kindly.

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage, support the individuls you hire, ensure business efficiency and quality work environment, communicate, don't call yourself corporate when you operate like a start up, don't eliminate good people building your brand because "corporate" aka best friends with the owner dislike someone on a personal level, stay professional with building business and relationships as your objective or this company will continue to fail, stop trying to make a jeans and tshirt brand "luxury" and/or fashion forward, it's a joke.

"Greatly Disapointing"

Pros

Great discount, but product has continuous quality control issues.

Cons

Lack of support from corporate management who provide you with no support while aggressively expecting you to succeed is counterproductive to everyone. This stifling work environment worsened emensly after hiring on the Director of Stores in 2011. The company did not need another "leader" who reflected a culture of elitist detachment from its retail staff.
    This company does not address continuous Q.C. issues with clothing, which affects customers belief in purchasing a quality garment. Most items are made in China which is reflected in the amount of returned damaged product from disappointed customers. Its obvious the company is more concerned with quantity or quality, while still promoting itself as "designer denim."
    Bonus structure is a joke and pay is obsolete; with negative and oppressive corporate managemment there is no incentive to succeed. Even when you are proving yourself and exceeding sales expectations you are not acknowledged and encouraged.

Advice to Management

Your "underlings" are the ones paying your corporate salary. They are to be valued, supported and encouraged. If they reach out and you continuously let them fall, so will your business.
    "Always recognize that human individuals are ends, and do not use them as means to your end."
    — Immanuel Kant

3. "Please reconsider before even applying here."

Pros

Great discount on jeans and that's about it!

Cons

This place is truly the pits. Working here has been one of my most miserable experiences. The turn over for this company is like no other and the stores are typically always short staffed. In other words be prepared to work endlessly with very little pay. You can tell that corporate is small, they are very unorganized and seem to hire just about anyone to be a DM. The bonus program is a joke as well.

Advice to Management

Less micro-managing and more training for employees would probably help business excel.

5. "Horrible Corporate Management"

Former Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Joe's Jeans full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is relaxing and the customers are good folks for the most part. The employee discount is unbelievable at 75% off retail price.

It was very easy to move up since the turnover is huge. I went from part time sales associate to store manager at a different location in less than a year.

Cons

Corporate management is AWFUL. The disrespect from regional managers and the "VP" were unbelievable.

The visuals team shows up during business hours and tears apart the store while customers are shopping and makes the shopping experience lousy for customers.

The bonus program at the time I worked there was VERY flawed and was easily manipulated to steal sales. I'm not sure if it's changed since then, but I doubt it.

Advice to Management

To Corporate: Survey your lower level employees to see how your corporate employees are treating them. I guarantee you won't like what you find.

"Fabulous until October 2011 Director of Sales Hire."

Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Great Discount.
    Wonderful Customers
    Great Associates
    Nice product

Cons

Micro-Management from Director of Stores disallows any opportunity learn and grow.
    Opportunity for advancement is extremely minimal. Unfortunately, you aren't rewarded bye your proven skill set. Only bye being one of D.O.S. minion, of which are totally controlled bye fear and scare tactics.

Advice to Management

Senior Management: Director Of Stores, and her minion of whom she brought with her are going to tear Joe's Jeans Inc. apart! I wish someone would do something before it becomes too late!

"It's not worth your time..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taft Southwest, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taft Southwest, TX

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers... I have become close with "most" of my co-workers and still remain friends after employment.

Cons

management. Absolutely absurd. I have sent multiple emails to the new VP of stores, the Director of stores and the head of HR about my awful experience with Joe's with no response back. I even sent an email about my hours being shorted AFTER giving my two weeks, still nothing... No, "we will investigate this". This is very much a company that is "on to the next one". Point blank, even if you are a top sales producer, they just don't care to listen to you. They do not listen to what you have to say and if there are problems in your store, they just sweep it under-the-rug. I have never felt so be-littled in a work environment and was constantly discriminated against.

Advice to Management

Response. Dusting a problem under the rug does not solve the prolem. Be proactive.

"Supervisor and Key Holder"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Joe's Jeans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team as fantastic, supportive, and very capable. The products are decent and the price point is not detrimental to business. Definitely opportunities for promotion with in the company - mostly hires in house.

Cons

On the corporate side of things the company has a very vague target market and often frustrated stores with out-of-place merchandise. Often times corporate directives were not effectively organized or relayed to store teams. In terms of compensation it left many feeling dissatisfied. Promotions marginally increased one's earnings and the bonus structure was horrid.

"Hostile work environment caused by upper management playing favoritism."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Joe's Jeans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employee discount, good jeans, store is very clean and easy to upkeep. Very easy job. Good place to just come in and collect a paycheck if you can ignore petty drama.

Cons

Upper management demonstrated inappropriate corrective actions; passive aggression, and borderline harassing associates. Rules are only rules for certain people. Very slow work days.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy with yearly reviews and raises, we all deserve it. Keep your word about opportunities to move up in the company. Do not LIE. And take action with internal theft.

"Poor HQ Management"

Former Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Paycheck, Benefits, employee discount is great

Cons

Everything else. This company does not value employees. Need better company direction.

"Anonymous"

Pros

401k matching and sick days.

Cons

Upper management micro manages, doesn't train and lacks communication.