Johanna Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Facchina

"Bus Stop"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I have been working at Johanna Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ever expanding, plenty of hours to work. You will always get 40 hours... Free juice and yogurt. Not much else to be honest.

Cons

If you're interested in being thrown under the bus by upper management, work here! You can work your behind off and be a shining star but the second one person speaks ill of you, you're a demon. Union is a wreck and middle management has their hands tied from above. Good luck as union or supervisor here. Try not to let this black hole syphon all your light, it's like a high school all over again.

Advice to Management

Trust your supervisors more. Assist when they come to you later, but for god sakes let them do their jobs in confidence. It's clear from a union standpoint that lack of trust is rampant. It just casts doubt to the union and allows for more nonsense to slip through. Remember, you hired them to do a job. Let them do it and TRUST they made a solid decision.

2. "Absolutely delightful company"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Princeton Junction, Mercer, NJ

I worked at Johanna Foods (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers, great environment, an always on the go job but you get to interact with so many awesome potential customers. When people like the product you have to sell it gives such a good feeling.

Cons

Nothing was a downside really, I was a part time worker just promoting their products.

"Not a bad place to work if company cared more about employees"

Current Employee - Maintenance in Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Flemington, NJ

I have been working at Johanna Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easy job to get hired for $$

Cons

Benifits r bad , management is in shambles & do not have a clue how to run a plant. They treat you like a number & treat you unfairly. Do not pay well, stay away. Never have experienced a company who doesn't care about safety or anything that involves better employee standards

Advice to Management

Get a clue.!!!

"My experience at Johanna Foods. Watch your back."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time

Pros

Insurance, vacation, and overtime and that is about it.

Cons

Since there is a union there people with less seniority get treated very bad. I got a long with everyone except few people (2) who have bad history with many people there who also had seniority and I decided to go to my supervisor and the manager. Well that was a bad idea. Without getting into detail, I was the one thrown under the bas. Not surprised because many people there warned me about sticking up for myself and what would happen if I did. They were right.

I worked so hard there, my back and arm would be sore. Also not all but many people are just absolutely LAZY. They would be sitting down cracking filthy dirty, and very inappropriate jokes and conversations and watch other hard working people do all the work. Very unprofessional and childish but its true. The supervisors just don't care at all. They support eachother. Many people are not happy there. I was not so I spoke up.......and now I dont work there.

Advice to Management

My advise to Johanna Foods is that you need to absolutely hire new supervisors and managers were are fair to all NOT just the seniors. Stop all politics and pays more attention to how your employees really feel because so many of them are happy. I'm "sure" that the management at Johanna will take "heed" after reading the reviews.

"Tough Corporate Personality, Poor Treatment of Non-Management Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Pros

State of the art factories, always expanding.

Cons

No upward mobility, poor salaries, poor senior management skills, rude executive assistant.

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate with employees, have employee appreciation, make management trainee program, offer salary advances, friendlier management.

"Good products good people poor management crazy owner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Pros

Good products, nice production plants

Cons

Poor management/owner, no concern for employees, not a friendly work environment

Advice to Management

Get a new owner

8. "It is a very stressful and frustrating environment."

Pros

Benefits are good right now, but are slowly being taken away. A lot of overtime if you are a person who likes to work it. Johanna supplies uniforms. Free juice and yogurt with monthly credits.

Cons

Owner is out of touch, thinks his management team is doing the right things. Supervisors are engaged in some reprehensible activities , and still keep their jobs. One supervisor is out of control, causing all kinds of problems, while upper management looks the other way. Wages are a little low.

Advice to Management

Owner needs to open his eyes, and get more involved, especially in the yogurt plant. Clean up your management team. Make it a better working environment. If this is done your employees will be more productive.

9. "Stay away"

I have been working at Johanna Foods full-time

Pros

The benefits are great but that might not last long

Cons

No room for advancement without a degree basically your experience and loyalty to the company means nothing.

Advice to Management

Give the opportunity to those who have loyally invested their time working for you to grow. (Hire from within before you go looking else where)

10. "Great Company"

I have been working at Johanna Foods full-time

Pros

Friendly environment
    Many promotions available if you work for them
    Excellent benefits

Cons

I don't really consider these downsides...but I'm sure others will...

-Very little downtime, you Will work hard
    -Heavily Managed, you won't get away with slacking off
    -The Owner is Very involved. Without him, this place wouldn't be growing so consistently...yet people still complain he micro manages (they should be thanking him)

11. "You could do a lot better...."

I worked at Johanna Foods full-time

Pros

Supervisors and floor workers are nice.

Cons

Training is very poor, wrong people in charge. To many yes men and women and not enough people to stand up and say what can and should do better. Not a good work environment, people talk about you behind your back then pretend to be your friend.

Advice to Management

Get up from behind your desk and actual care/ invest in your workers.