John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Admissions/Sales"

I have been working at John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers full-time

Pros

It is great to work with young people that want to improve their lives. Pay is very good and its a fun environment to work. Great opportunity for moving up in management or to ownership.

Cons

Hours are include evenings and Saturdays.

2. "Horrible company"

Pros

The best part of working for this company was finally getting out. I started two unrelated businesses and I do not lie or rip off people every day.

Cons

The owners are horrible people!

"Admissions Representative"

I worked at John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is beautiful to watch young actors, models and performers come into their own talent and grow. The classes offered are very basic and good for those just getting into the industry.

Cons

The amount of telemarketing/cold calling that is demanded is counter-productive for those who are in admissions and have to sell sell sell sell in order to make a commission. The position is commission based so you could work 80+ hours a week and still not see a return because a family doesn't want to spend $2,800.00 on classes. I didn't feel right twisting the truth to families and hopeful performers.

Advice to Management

The concept of John Casablancas is very special in that it is a school for those who dream of going even further in the industry. The way the company goes about "selling" is to promise a modeling contract, a big future in the industry and personal guidance from the admissions representatives, director and regional directors. The selling tactics could be more honest to the potential talent. Making money is important but at what expense?

"Admissions representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers full-time

Pros

The only good thing about working with this buisness was all of the employees other than the director.

Cons

If you are looking for employment in a modeling agency, do not go to John Casablancas! They are a total rip off! When i first started i was told that if i make commission, i could be making up to $1000 to $2000 EXTRA on my paycheck. Not the case! After making my first sale i was told that if my commission is greater than my paycheck then i would only get commission and not be payed for the hours i have put in. To me that is not right at all! Making commission should be a reward! I should get payed for my 30 hour weeks as well. It only takes 1 hour to make commission. When i went in to recieve my first check, not only was my paycheck short the amount i was suppose to recieve, but my commission was not added on. When i asked why, the director told me that she took my sale since i quit. Clearly i didnt quit. I was told to leave on saturday under the assumption that i was fired. The only reason i was fired was due to traffic which i was not given the chance to explain why i was late. I do not recommend this company for employment at all!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they deserve!!!

5. "JC Review"

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work environment for people who are self motivated and eager to move up with in a corporation. Lots of room for promotion and self improvement. Fast pace & competitive environment. It's very rewarding to work somewhere knowing you are changing people's lives for the better. Also a great place to be able to pursue a college degree full time and easily work full time as well. It's nice to be able to work closely with Senior Management and feel like you have a voice. Constant improvements with IT processes make your job easier and more efficient each year.

Cons

A little more vacation time for long-term(5-10+years) employees.

6. "Admissions Representative"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative

I have been working at John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

John Casablancas is such an amazing company to work for. The atmosphere of the center is always very positive and full of energy. The training is very informative and helps with not just modeling and acting but as well as personal development, especially confidence and public speaking skills. It prepares you for the industry as well as the real world when it comes to responsibility and punctuality. The instructor are all so up beat and make you feel welcome. They make it feel like a second home. Also interacting with the students as well as their support team is a wonderful way to get to know why they are here at John Casablanca, as well as getting to know their personality and how far they can go. Highly recommended.

Cons

Honestly the downside would be just the location. Other than that, no complaints!

Advice to Management

Keep up your hard work, and trying to manage everything with a smile on your face!

7. "Confidence Builder"

Current Employee - Senior Admissions Representative

I have been working at John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at JC has built my confidence so much throughout the past 2+ years of working here. I was going through a lot of stuff outside of work and coming in everyday made everything better for me.
    Everyone I work with is fun and energetic and I wouldnt change it for the world.
    Management truly does care about its employees

Cons

The only downfall are the hours. It was weird at first but now im used to it.

Advice to Management

give more AR's a chance to travel to other centers to experience different markets

8. "Postive Enviroment"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Houston, TX

Pros

John Casablancas always has a positive atmosphere. You get to dress fashionable, the hours are great for college students or for people who aren't the morning type. The Director and Corporate are very resourceful and helpful with any difficult obstacles. The staff is very determined and works great as a team.

Cons

Not recommended for someone who desires regular hours and weekends.

9. "Admissions Rep"

Current Employee - Senior Admissions Representative

Pros

JC has a great environment and vibe. The employees work well together and help fill in with every position, even with the employees. This is a great company to move up in and create a career whether it's in sales or in the modeling and acting industry. Working here has helped my confidence in myself as an individual and in sales, which I never thought I would work in sales. I see the training here help so many students of all ages with their confidence, just at the auditions let alone.

Jc is a great place to work!

Cons

If you want to work a 9-5 M-F, this job isn't for you. You get to sleep in (:

10. "Corporate Employee"

I have been working at John Casablancas Modeling and Career Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Upbeat work environment.
    Ability to learn new skills.

Cons

We come up with new ideas, but don't follow through on them.
    Lack of employee appreciation.