John Galt Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 1, 2018

4.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great opportunity to lead through customer implementations"

I have been working at John Galt Solutions full-time

Pros

• Great customers, opportunity to work with new organizations across multiple industries
    • Smart and talented team of people
    • Lots of collaboration between sales, marketing, services, R&D
    • Fast paced environment with many ways to be challenged and grow
    • Competitive salary + bonus and benefits
    • Role varies from process to technical so there is always something new to learn

Cons

Can be stressful to maintain excellent customer service at all times. We have defined a customer advocate role to work directly with the Services team to maintain our customer satisfaction which is one of the highest in the industry.

"Advance your Supply Chain career"

I have been working at John Galt Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for some time and one of the things that keeps me is the industry is that the customer wants more.   I enjoy working with the customer and helping them improve their business and day to day work.   There is a lot of opportunities to innovate and try new things to either help the customer or make my own job more efficient.

I also enjoy being in the Supply Chain industry.    I find the market fascinating and being with John Galt allows me to see many customers in many different industries because our projects are short.

The product is flexible and gives us the option to server lots of different markets.  The R&D takes the time to listen to feedback from consultants and sales and do what they can to support us.

Also, with any company to succeed you have to work hard.   Work-life balance is rare in the tech space, but here there is a concerted effort to make this possible.

Cons

I think sometimes the best things can also be a con.   The product is flexible and this make us have to really think and come up with new solutions to solve challenging problems.   Client support and their success is incredibility important and is can be a lot of pressure.  Not everyone enjoys that.

"Playground for problem-solvers, with opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at John Galt Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work as a sales and services consultant, preparing demos and implementing the enterprise software. Get it done culture - if I need something for work, I will get it. Close ties between development & implementation services, so the software is rapidly evolving. Strong product with a lot of configuration options. Opportunity to continuously grow and have educational opportunities. Strong teamwork across the board in sales and services groups.

Cons

Occasional spurts of long hours - 60-70 hours, but not 90. Occasional downtime as well, where it's hard to find anything to do.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to work with people who specialize in a specific area (e.g. sales) - not everyone needs to grow.

"If you are looking to grow your career, this is the place"

Current Employee - Account Management in America, IL
    Current Employee - Account Management in America, IL

I have been working at John Galt Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

John Galt has great products. The company offers training internally and externally to the employees. The customer portfolio is incredible. Great benefits including free healthcare, 401K with 10% match of W2, and solid vacation package. I have flex time because I am able to manage my work and time. There are newer folks to the industry that do not have that benefit.

Cons

No true leader in the main office. The company has a leadership team and has made solid progress with product road map and customer satisfaction, but have fallen short on accountability culture. Reviews seem to blame the CEO, but you can't blame everything on one person. There are a few arrogant employees that make my stomach turn. I have seen a few men speaking with no respect to the CEO and it is sickening to watch.

Advice to Management

Keep up the training, keep up the challenge, take ownership of the different area.

"Needs Leadership"

I worked at John Galt Solutions full-time

Pros

- The pay was great and pay raises were negotiated for certians reviews.
    - Taking a vacation was easy as long as your schedule way in advance

Cons

- When people quit or are fired everyone else is required to take there responsibilities even though hiring someone new could take a year.
    - No plan for next steps when CEO fired someone because she was upset.
    - Company leadership pinned people against each other. Asking employees to “report” on each other. There was a lot of sneakiness that was like high school.
    - CEO is unpredictable it’s all about how she feels that day. How can you respect someone who is nice to your face and then asks your co-workers to spy on you?
    - CEO has unrealistic expectations. She expects everyone for work hours. If you leave at 5/5:30 you are looked down on even though it’s then end of the work day.
    - Do much favoritism it is unreal.
    - Management stalks former employees they look at their linked in and fb posts through other employees to get gossip/insight on what they are doing.
    - Even though you are doing multiple jobs no additional money for doing 5 jobs.
    - No room for growth because there are no promotions company is very flat.

Advice to Management

Hire a professional VP of Operations so the CEO can step out of daily business and does not have to be in the weeds.

John Galt Solutions Response

Feb 1, 2018 – John Galt Leadership Team

Thank you for your response. We are reviewing your feedback and looking for opportunities to improve. We have an open door policy and feel free to call and discuss your issues with us... More

"Room for improvement."

I worked at John Galt Solutions full-time

Pros

Decent pay, flexible schedule (kind of), cool office space, outstanding christmas party, smart co workers, company is financially stable and has been in business for along time

Cons

1. The software is pretty outdated and slow and buggy. they seem to have a hard time innovating. i felt like it used to be a startup type culture where they used to have lots of "ideas" people but most of them are gone now.
    2. Sometimes they'll fire people at whim, but also then sometimes will keep incompetent / disliked employees on for years. the upshot is often you'll end up having to do someone else's job.
    3. kind of a dead end career wise. theres not really any promotions to be had so you'll be in the same job for a long time. also they don't like to spend money on career development or training (unless your in sales I guess.)
    4. i had a really bad cold and i couldnt come in; they asked me for a doctors note. for a cold? really? i guess they wanted me to infect everyone.
    5. way too casual about some aspects of the business. i wont go into details but i saw some incredibly unprofessional behavior. i was shocked.

Advice to Management

i wont name names but i honestly think a lot of the management needs to step down and let someone else run the company. theres a lot of changes that need to be made but i think people have gotten complacent.

"Flexible Schedule for Experienced People"

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at John Galt Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working here for 3 years and have been able to maintain a great work life balance due to the flexibility of the schedule.
    Very strong product to sell. My customers are happy which makes me happy!
    Good commission structure.

Cons

Need to hire more supply chain professionals to support our growth.

"It was a great time"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at John Galt Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very interesting people, a place that values people and personalities, personal opinions, a place where everyone can feel empowered to contribute, and where results are noticeable quickly. They work hard and play hard. I felt a sense of ownership when I worked there and that certainly made the work more interesting! They've built a pretty cool team and people are loyal, fun and smart. The projects were interesting, goals and targets were clear. Nothing helps more to stay engaged with the job you do than seeing results. It excited me to see John Galt's products making a difference. Their office space is a gem!

Cons

I have no complaints about John Galt Solutions

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!

"Good challenges & learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at John Galt Solutions full-time

Pros

good bonuses, good learning opportunites, transparent culture, supportive leadership, great customers, good Christmas party, family oriented. Strong growth.

Cons

negative employees sometimes cause drag on the group causing me to wear too many hats & responsibilities.

"Account Manager"

Pros

Small, close-knit working environment. International exposure.

Cons

Very strange company. Extremely young and bizarre culture. CEO is slightly unstable who frequently had mood fluctuations and often extremely unprofessionally, not only within the team but with clients and other business associates.