KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

John Muir Health

Engaged Employer

John Muir Health

Add a Review

John Muir Health Employee Reviews about "john muir"

Updated Sep 21, 2021

Found 31 of over 317 reviews

4.0
John Muir Health President and CEO Calvin (Cal) Knight (no image)
Calvin (Cal) Knight
Pros
  • "Good benefits and salary offered(in 32 reviews)

• "John Muir Health has a team based culture(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No cons experienced with John Muir yet(in 15 reviews)

• "Not a lot of opportunities for growth if you’re not a nurse(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of John Muir Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "john muir"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

John muir

Apr 2, 2021 - Patient Transporter in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at John muir

Cons

temporary, unstable, pier diam, short term

2. 2.0

Diversity scam

Jul 25, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

John Muir has always had an exemplary presence, working acceptance and inclusion of diversity in its people and practices.

Cons

John Muir, like many other corporations, has allowed itself to be bullied into spending huge amounts on meaningless and damaging diversity positions and programming, exemplified in the waste of money spent on the senior management diversity position. John Muir has always had an exemplary diversity presence and attitude among its administration, medical staff, staff and volunteers. One example which greatly compromises the quality of care is the Spiritual Care programming of the Concord campus and in the past several years in the whole system that caters to minority groups to the detriment of serving those spiritual, religious and cultural groups that compose the vast majority of the patient and staff populations. This includes having the majority of care provided by students, establishing a student level standard of care unlike any other profession in the organization.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Benefits

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, affordable benefits including pension.

Cons

No cons experienced with John Muir yet

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Overall a great place to work.

Mar 21, 2021 - Food Service Worker in Concord, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For what I do I am well compensated. Living in this region of California still means I'm struggling month to month, but I for sure wouldn't be able to survive here without the level of compensation that I received from John Muir.

Cons

None worth mentioning. People need to stop complaining about good enough situations. I'm not saying there aren't issues here and there at John Muir, but because of the level of compensation I receive, it's certainly not worth mentioning any of them.

5. 3.0

Na

Aug 9, 2021 - Practice Manager in Berkeley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There’s always opportunities for growth. Overall John Muir Health is good company to work for.

Cons

My location is the newer location and John Muir Health did not think to put managers from our previously well ran locations at this building to help open

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Teamwork!

Jan 18, 2020 - Pharmacist
      Business Outlook

Pros

John Muir Health has a team based culture. Physicians instill alot of trust in the pharmacy department which allows pharmacists to perform many protocol driven actions as clinical pharmacists.

Cons

No overtime is offered regularly.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0

Recent hire

Nov 26, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had been trying to get into John Muir for a long time. Finally I got my current position and quickly learned that the inside does not match the reputation this organization has had for years with the community. The employees truly care and hold everything together but need support from leadership. What’s scary isn’t the staff that leaves. It’s the disgruntled ones that stay. They will not perform their best work if there is such a low moral throughout the staff.

Cons

Missed breaks, late lunches due to significantly low staffing. Not good for quality healthcare service.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Hospital

Jul 9, 2019 - Epic Applications Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

At John Muir Health, my team was wonderful to work with. They were very kind and hard working.

Cons

Busy area of California with lots of traffic.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Still one of the best places to work in the Bay Area, but aggressively regressing to the mean.

Feb 17, 2015 - Registered Nurse in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a pleasure to work with some of the greatest nurses and doctors in the area. John Muir attracts some of the best of the best nurses from around the country. Nurses are generally well supported at the bedside. Our nursing leadership seems to have their hearts in the right place, although they have little control over the business decisions being made. Pay is competitive and benefits are good, but changing daily it seems.

Cons

Administration is currently rolling out a "revised compensation" program. Wages will be allowed to stagnate until we reach our stated goal of being in the 50th percentile of local pay. (currently above 70th percentile) Our exceptional child care facility offered to employees at a low cost is closing equating to a large pay cut for working parents. I fear these cuts will make it more difficult to attract top talent going forward.

8 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great local company undergoing change

Nov 14, 2014 - Manager IT
      Business Outlook

Pros

John Muir is a pillar of the East Bay and very connected to the community there. They have been providing premium care for 30+ years. There is some trouble with healthcare reform and the drive to lower costs. A lot of John Muir's premium care was delivered by ignoring the micro-cost management and focusing on helping their patients. Some would say that caused cost to get out of control, and maybe true, but it is also true that they loved their patients and took great care of them.

Cons

Healthcare is changing and so must John Muir Health. New leadership is shepherding in the new ear of cost consciousness and I think its traumatic for long-time John Muir Health employees. Being basically a monopoly for 30 years it has developed some political silos, but if you look at the population of management and employees across you will find great people who are working hard to maintain a level of quality they are accustomed to.

4 people found this review helpful