KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

John Muir Health

Engaged Employer

John Muir Health

Add a Review

John Muir Health Employee Reviews about "patient care"

Updated Dec 19, 2020

Found 22 of over 297 reviews

4.1
John Muir Health President and CEO Calvin (Cal) Knight (no image)
Calvin (Cal) Knight
Pros
  • "Amazing coworkers, Good benefits, Beautiful hospital(in 28 reviews)

• "Great benefits great pay and great hours(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "EPIC charting is set up in a way that unnecessarily complicates charting and takes time away from patient care(in 8 reviews)

• "Toxic upper management/executives(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of John Muir Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "patient care"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Top of the Line

Dec 30, 2019 - Nurse Educator in Concord, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of best places to work. True commitment to providing quality patient care.

Cons

Rumor of possible acquisition by another healthcare company.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Under paid

Dec 19, 2020 - Sterile Processing Technician in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff team and expects highest quality of patient care.

Cons

Underpaid considering it is a trauma hospital

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Only money and coworkers are good there

Jun 15, 2020 - Staff RN in Roseville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Money is good, coworkers are amazing, union is strong and it's definitely needed because of management

Cons

Low seniority nurses and staff float constantly, management is terrible, managers are hired into jobs they have zero experience in so can't support staff, assistant managers micromanage everything, focus is on scores and not patient care, feel like no autonomy for nurses whatsoever, administration is out of touch with bedside care. Not a safe place to work.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Go to Kaiser or UCSF

Oct 31, 2019 - Patient Transporter in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

decent pay & benefits although employee contributions continue to rise and cost of living raise no longer meets the actual cost of living increase. However, amazing staff who are dedicated to patient care and love what they do. The only reason any of us stay is because of each other; your coworkers.

Cons

Self serving Admins only focused on filling their pockets. Devoted long term employees are becoming fed up and leaving, but hiring freezes have forces a large influx of travelers.

3 people found this review helpful

John Muir Health Response

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for your Glassdoor post that provided thoughtful commendation for your teammates, as well as your perception of staffing and the health benefits that we offer to employees. Because health care is our business, it’s important that our employees have access to quality, affordable health insurance. John Muir Health is proud to offer employees and their eligible dependents a comprehensive choice of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and reimbursement accounts, as well as an employee assistance program (EAP). We want to clarify the information about employee contributions “continuing to rise” as that is not an accurate description. There was zero (0) employee increase for 2017 and 2018 John Muir Health benefits. Employees saw a minimal 1.5% increase from 2018 to 2019. As we communicated with all employees, the 2019 to 2020 benefit season also represented zero (0) increase to the employee’s share of cost. John Muir Health continues to actively recruit and hire talent for our organization, with over 200 jobs posted (including two within your department). Further, we encourage you to take advantage of John Muir Health’s “Open Door” policy and schedule a time to meet with your supervisor or Human Resources, to discuss any additional or ongoing concerns which you may have. We appreciate your service and look forward to working with you.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

No water for employees

Jul 26, 2019 - Environmental Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

the employees in the trenches

Cons

Senior leadership has decided to cut our bottled water becasue its too expensive. They wants us to drink water that has black tar or some foreign object. They had to put filter on the incoming water so the surgical instruments wouldnt look so bad. Cut rate prescription services for employees, outsourced departments to save money, all the while senior management is pulling in millions in annual salaries. Ken Meehan, we miss you. You care about patient care

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

RN

Apr 6, 2018 - Staff RN in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This review is from a bedside MSICU RN. * Great teamwork! * Feels like family. * Great benefits. * Opportunity to learn new skills like CRRT and develop in the relief Charge RN role. * Well supplied. * Self scheduling. * Above average pay. * Opportunities to get involved in Unit Council and committees gives staff a voice in management.

Cons

* Disorganization of supplies makes work harder. * EPIC charting is set up in a way that unnecessarily complicates charting and takes time away from patient care. * Advancement in organization does not put enough emphasis on educational preparation. * Nursing Leadership needs managers that have degrees with a management focus from the Charge Nurse level and up. It’s hard for people put in those positions to function in managerial roles when their baseline educational preparation is BSN or Masters with a focus on education. * An infrequently used skills lab would be helpful for keeping skills up to par. * There is opportunity for improvement in the communication between MDs and bedside staff.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

An opportunity for both personal and professional growth that cannot be missed!

Nov 23, 2008 - Physical Therapist in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

John Muir Health provides its employees with excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, incentives to stay healthy and help the environment. The staff works together as a cohesive unit. I feel like I am working with my closest friends and family members, rather than coworkers. Never have I worked in an environment that is so friendly. The various disciplines work well together towards the goals of providing excellent patient care, safety, and satisfaction.

Cons

Unfortunately, due to the economy, we are no longer reimbursed for continuing education.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Patient care assistant

Aug 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome staff,Relaxed job, Good benefits, Clean Hospital and Excellent Human Resources team

Cons

Low pay for Patient care assistant or patient care technician positions. Usually contract you per diem and they call you at very early hours or in the middle of the night to tell you "don't come in" , which isn't pleasing to deal with for such a low paying job (it would make sense if you were an RN, PA, NP, MD, or perhaps even an LVN etc)

9. 5.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 2, 2014 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed my time at John Muir. They pride themselves on true patient care. I know every hospital says that but they actually make it a point to treat their patients like family. The other employees I encountered genuinely enjoyed their job and being at work. I think this is so important to bring a positive workplace.

Cons

I cannot think of any regarding the hospital. I will agree that the surrounding areas are a bit expensive.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A Good Place to Work, Just Be Aware That Management can Loose Track of How Much THey Are Expecting You to DO

Jun 29, 2014 - Skilled Labor in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots Of Jobs to be had, fair pay, good working conditions, leadership is dedicated, Patients are well treated. good benefits and insurance.

Cons

New management and new management styles seem to not really care about the way things have been done to build the reputation John Muir now has, aggressive cost cutting and budget cutting in order to free up money for new practice's and facility acquisitions will eventually affect patient care and the overall reputation.

3 people found this review helpful