KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

John Muir Health

Engaged Employer

John Muir Health

Add a Review

John Muir Health Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 15, 2019

Found 5 of over 309 reviews

4.0
John Muir Health President and CEO Calvin (Cal) Knight (no image)
Calvin (Cal) Knight
Pros
  • "Amazing coworkers, Good benefits, Beautiful hospital(in 28 reviews)

• "Great benefits great pay and great hours(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "EPIC charting is set up in a way that unnecessarily complicates charting and takes time away from patient care(in 8 reviews)

• "Toxic upper management/executives(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of John Muir Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overall, a good place to work.

Nov 15, 2019 - RN COORDINATOR in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome coworkers, great manager. Opportunities to move up within the organization. Great benefits.

Cons

Toxic upper management/executives. Promotions sometimes based on "who you know". Employees worry about layoffs every year.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Employee

Account Manager

Jul 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, there aren't any for me anymore, I will be leaving soon. The pay is good for what I do, but the cons far outweigh this perk.

Cons

Upper management is disorganized. They go one direction, then change their minds. Our business model is not sustainable. People are losing their jobs right and left, and good people are leaving.

4 people found this review helpful

John Muir Health Response

Human Resources Business Partner

Dear Employee: Thank you for expressing your thoughts and concerns. John Muir Health welcomes and encourages employee feedback and questions regarding our strategic direction and our plans to achieve those strategic objectives. Executing on our strategies will allow John Muir Health to continue to provide access to high-quality care for our community for many years to come. Because the Bay Area healthcare market is extremely dynamic and rapidly evolving, we must periodically review and adjust our tactics to ensure we are on the right course. When changes affect an employee’s position or organizational structure, it can be unsettling to staff members as well as leadership; however, our strategic direction remains consistent. That direction is to be a high-quality, affordable and locally governed independent health system serving the community for generations to come. John Muir Health takes pride in the recruitment and selection of our staff members, including our leadership. We provide a wide array of training in many areas of our healthcare system, including targeted in-depth workshops designed to increase the knowledge and skill level of managers, such as: “Performance Excellence”, “HR Fundamentals”, “High Reliability”, “Leadership Methods”, “Critical Conversations”, and “Plan Do Study Act”. These are just a small sample. We firmly stand by our “Open Door” Policy, and warmly welcome the opportunity to speak with you as well as employees at all levels, who have concerns. John Muir Health encourages its employees to openly communicate concerns by speaking with their direct supervisor, reaching out to a seasoned HR professional or anonymously speaking to a qualified representative. We encourage you to exercise our Brand Promise of, “We Listen – We Explain – We Work Together as a Team” and seek out any of the above options to further communicate and address your concerns. We hope that you will take advantage of these options to ask questions and learn more about our vision before you make a decision on whether to stay with John Muir Health.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The company is a good step up from private practices but needs to give MAs room for growth.

Jan 11, 2017 - Medical Assistant in Pleasanton, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good benefits , Epic system, good pay, you can learn a lot of skills from working the float pool, many different specialties

Cons

Not enough room for growth. 2% annual raises . Communication is often lost between upper management and employees, sometimes lacks in organization.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Nurse

Dec 6, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and good pay.

Cons

Upper management protects incompetent directors and bullying is egregiously ignored by management and HR

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee

If you don't fit in your out!

Sep 8, 2010 - Upper Management in Walnut Creek, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medical Benefits were exceptional, Holiday, vacation and leave time fair. Work environment was good, clean and pleasant.

Cons

Upper management was unavailable and unapproachable. Work load was unevenly distributed and there were obvious favorites within the department. Constant pressure to reduce FTE's. Lots of stress leaves by employees who couldn't take the pressure but that were not qualified for a lateral move. Bad JMH policy of Supervisors being notified automatically if staff applied for a position in another department caused a conspiracy trype of situation where staff were denied a move for various reasons. They fight everyone for unemployment no matter what the cause. HR is very busy.

3 people found this review helpful