Want a Free Job Posting?

• Glen Burnie, MD
  • Any Status
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center President Richard G. Bennett
Richard G. Bennett

What is in a name anyway?

Former Employee - Anesthesia Technician in Glen Burnie, MD
    Former Employee - Anesthesia Technician in Glen Burnie, MD

I worked at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Johns Hopkins is still great to have on your resume. Benefits and pay are okay. Even though it is an older facility, there is much to learn that can add to your experience.

As a previous review stated, "Lazy, rude, ruthless, incompetent co-workers that are next to impossible to work with as a team. They make it their mission to get rid of good, competent people to make themselves look better." ; I couldn't have said it better myself. The childish, cutthroat behavior and lack of professionalism that I had to deal with was just completely unacceptable. Paying to park is ridiculous. The union is a joke as well as it provides absolutely no support for the employees.

Advice to Management

It's tough to give advice to management when management itself is so corrupted and noncompliant. However, there are consistent patterns of bad behaviors going on in these departments that keep presenting itself and you know it. Don't be afraid of cutting the low hanging fruit, no matter what position they are in and how long they have been in it. Bringing the union into the equation brings nothing to the table. Being under the Johns Hopkins umbrella, it is expected that you hold higher standards for all employees to be proficient with their job duties and NOT display low rent attitudes. Start acting like it.

Showing 1 of 41 review