Johnson Controls Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Nashville Reviews

Updated April 8, 2017

Nashville, TN

4.0
Johnson Controls Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Alex A. Molinaroli
Alex A. Molinaroli
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance as areas that need more people cannot get them (in 68 reviews)

• Upper management need to be improved (in 40 reviews)

1. "Johnson controls Johnson controls full-time employees and union employees."

Current Employee - Mechanical Project Team Leader in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Mechanical Project Team Leader in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros Johnson Controls does offer a fair wage for most employees. I personally really enjoy working for this company. Offer great 401(k),and Insurance has good coverage but extremely high cost.

Cons

Insurance has high premiums and deductibles. Lower management needs higher percentage bonus pay. Does not offer all religious holidays and offers vacation time sparingly after one year.

Advice to Management

Vacation time could be improved after one year of service as well as after 15 years of service. Bonus pay needs increasing after one year of service. Myself being in management I see potential growth with JCI by hiring and paying more two new hires and employees in the first year. And that includes union employees and salaried employees. It is difficult to hire experienced mechanics and office employees due to other contractors offering more income. But I will say on a positive note that I encourage all looking for employment to check with JCI about opportunities. JCI is a great place to work, low stress levels.

"Fulfilling and challenging"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Johnson Controls full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High values and ethics. Well respected

Cons

Big company and takes time to get things approved.

Showing 2 of 2,071 reviews