Johnson & Johnson Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 25, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
Cons
  • Flexible hours would have been a good way to achieve better work-life balance with the long commute (in 123 reviews)

• Once used to J&J style of working, can get adjusted to other company's style of working bery easily (in 147 reviews)

1. "Team Leader"

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time

Pros

The benefits are very good but the work environment is very tense.

Cons

They do not implement their culture and there is a hostile managerial work environment.

2. "Welcome to a world where dreaming is happiness and waiting is life..."

Pros

-- J&J benefits ( family days, sick time, floating holidays

Cons

This review is for Advanced Sterlization devices in Irvine -- CSS.

-- Very political environment, if you want to improve and create a process you will be seen as threat and eliminated immediately or demoted.

-- Management is clueless on how to select vendors and cut their cost. Their lack of competence has caused thousands of dollars loss to the parent company.

-- incompetent upper management sitting on top that block progressive thinking.

-- People live in Silos there is no communication. Department managers are very removed from their products. This again causes several million dollars loss.

-- People are set up for failure, so others can fill in once they fail and get the credit. Hire more to cover for lack of performance just to repeat the vicious cycle.

-- Work life balance is an illusion because of lack of resources, Processes and 1867 BC equipment.

-- duct tape on duct tape is put on architectures instead of fixing them. Creating real loss and delay in FDA submission. Millions of dollars again dear parent company loss to you if you are listening.

Advice to Management

1. Take classes in organizational communication, management and people skills.
    2. Grow your employees instead of either seeing them as a threat or just pigeon holing them.
    3. If somebody wants to improve a process please don't assassinate their career.
    4. Stop portraying people are put first because that is a blatant lie. I don't even see products being put first.
    5. Get rid of stubborn management who are not receptive to change.

"Notice all the Monument Job Openings? Machine Operator"

Current Employee - CNC Machine Operator in Monument, CO
    Current Employee - CNC Machine Operator in Monument, CO

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Its full time work and 40 hrs

Cons

Low Pay.
    Safety Issue not being fixed. Machines leaking coolant and not being repaired.
    General Low Moral.
    Lowest Credo Survey Scores from a site in JnJ.
    Managers Breaking Labor Laws. Telling employees not to talk about wages (Violation of State and Fed Law)
    Managers forcing employees to use Vacation Time when they cant show up for Manditory Overtime (Violates State CO law)
    Managers Harassing employees. Following them to their cars to see if they break the rules.

The list is long. Most people are looking for new jobs.
    Oh and dont give new hires more money then people that have been there 2-4 years. (this is why they dont want you to talk about your wages)

Advice to Management

Dont tell people not to talk about their wages. Dont Break Labor Laws.

5. "Director"

Current Employee - Group Product Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Group Product Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, their potential & what we are capable of delivering to our customers behind our vision like no competitor can

Cons

Despite the Credo hanging in our halls, senior management and HR not only tolerate reported policy & legal violations including racial, religious, & gender-based discrimination and bullying, they harbor violators when they retaliate against victims. This company cares about its reputation and asset preservation more than its people, so do not drink the Credo Kool-Aid(r).

Advice to Management

Look into serious complaints lodged against your senior leaders yourselves & via independent counsel v allowing the charade of biased HR investigating itself/its charges to continue to make a mockery of the Credo. Listen to middle managers (ask us for 360 feedback on D2s & VPs) and follow up on their feedback and ethical concerns they raise up immediately. Provide a safe senior advocate who will follow up on these issues when cover-ups are attempted/enabled. The promise of that statement on my door and your empty promises behind it for 15 years have made me sick - literally and figuratively. You do more to protect a TM or (r) in an FSI than you do to protect the safety & welfare of your people. Way to go, Mom & Baby Company.

6. "J&J sales"

Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Divisional Sales Manager

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pension, one of the few left in the US

Cons

New Jersey old school won't embrace the digital age and allow for more remote opportunities, a lot of protected class waiting to retire that aren't working as they should

7. "Ok company"

Pros

Good pay but too much stress

Cons

Too much stress in this job

Advice to Management

Put less stress on the job

8. "JNJ Knock-off"

Former Employee - Engineer in Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Potential with top level restructure.

Cons

Poorly managed, inadequate top level manufacturing experience, no business background.

Advice to Management

Restructure starting from the top

9. "Owner-operators beware"

Former Employee - Owner Operator in Compton, CA
    Former Employee - Owner Operator in Compton, CA

Pros

I can't think of one to give

Cons

If you're an owner operator and your truck doesn't pass their inspection person that they use which are very strict on they hold your pay they don't pay you until you get your truck fixed their tactics are horrible they're disorganized the Compton locations disorganized this disorganization is between corporate and the terminal you have to check your paycheck with a comb to check and see if anything's missing because they make so many mistakes that it takes weeks for the management to look at mistakes that were made and get you paid for them

Advice to Management

It starts from the top and goes to the bottom somewhere along the line from the top they don't know what they're doing and they care less about owner operators they don't realize that we have to pay for everything and we're not paid we basically don't have any money in our account and that's what they did to me they hold held my pay because my truck wouldn't pass their strict inspection and plus I couldn't work for two weeks

"Business Systems Analyst"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson as a contractor

Pros

Part of a great company. Solid coworkers. Great atmosphere

Cons

I do love the parent company; however, it's very obvious that we get second treatment compared to the main subsidiary. I received little to no training when brought on. It's extremely difficult to advance since it can get so political sometimes.

Advice to Management

Focus more on your employees. We're willing to do a good job if were given the incentive to do so. Salaries are not on par with the parent company.

"Dissapointing experience"

Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Torrance, CA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson (More than 5 years)

Pros

J&J is a great company. Company doing well as a corporation, great benefits. Good network of plants if you want to stay within J&J. Some people are able to move cross sector and develop a great career.

Cons

At Los Angeles site, there are many commitments trying to keep site alive. No work and life balance. Employees overloaded with work and expected to be connected all the time.

Advice to Management

Senior Leadership needs to start living the Credo and mean it... they should stop the act in front of employees during town halls.

Showing 120 of 3,212 reviews