Johnson & Johnson Reviews | Glassdoor

2,891 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,891 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Flexible hours would have been a good way to achieve better work-life balance with the long commute (in 126 reviews)

• Once used to J&J style of working, can get adjusted to other company's style of working bery easily (in 153 reviews)

1. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Analyst in Skillman, NJ
    Former Employee - Analyst in Skillman, NJ

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, great work life balance, amazing mentors and coworkers. Easy to develop cross functional relationships. Self development highly encouraged.

Cons

Little room for upward mobility in many departments. Moving out of department nearly impossible. Directors stay in positions long term, discouraging employee movement from the fold.

"Sr Transportation Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Transportation Analyst in Skillman, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Transportation Analyst in Skillman, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 401K match, vacation, work and family, etc. Generally stable company. They will usually not backfill a position rather than lay employees off.

Cons

Often made to feel guilty for using time (across multiple roles). Also, employees treated differently bases on "favorites". For example, work from home varies across employees of the same experience/pay grade. Special allowances made for the "favorites" and denied for others (many employees allowed to move away and work remote while others are denied to work 3 days from home with a tough commute). Generally, it all depends on if you have good management. I've seen lots of departments fall to poor leadership, because executive senior leadership is too removed from the day to day. They're only concerned with the bottom line, but not the way we got there. Not very credo focused, as they claim.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on the bottom. They know more about the day to day business. Treat them well and they will stick around longer. I've seen a lot of good analyst leave the company due to petty complaints ignored by management.

3. "manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

insurance is always a bonus

Cons

hours can be very long

Advice to Management

keep up the great work

"A "feeling" company..."

Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Fort Washington, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Brand Manager in Fort Washington, PA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees and executives live and breathe The J&J Credo and its values. It's not lip service.

Decentralized structure = very little standardization. This allows for much entrepreneurial thinking-- there's no strict playbook.

Flexible work arrangements and family-friendly policies make work-life balance a reality.

There is a true spirit of collaboration at J&J. People genuinely care about each other, and want you to be successful.

Cons

Even business-critical, capital-intensive decisions are made using "feelings" at the expense of logic and/or hard data. If you are ruled by reason, this will be a huge adjustment for you.

Your career is yours to manage, as there is very little formal career mapping or transparent succession planning in the marketing function. But this allows for creativity in career progression.

The Company is attracted to re-organizations like a moth to a flame. Expect frequent professional whiplash, as strategy/structure changes almost annually.

There is a shocking number of employees who leave J&J and come back due to displacement or slow career progression. A running joke is that you have to leave and come back on order to get to the level you want.

An over-abundance of internal controls above and beyond actual regulatory requirements slows decision making and stifles agility. This company is allergic to risk, so the same rules apply to determining the color of a shampoo bottle as a Phase III human clinical trial for a cancer drug.

Advice to Management

Stop the constant re-orgs! You cannot expect an annual cost saving from paring back headcount over and over. This only serves to displace high-potential talent and creates inertia to actually realizing a strategic vision once it's set.

6. "Johnson and Johnson"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Aguadilla, PR
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Supervisor in Aguadilla, PR

Pros

Excellent with Benefits (401K, Health Insurance, Pension), Working Environment. Professional environment all the time with excellent leadership. Good work and life balance.

Cons

As well as the rest of the World, we are having uncertainty in job security. Need to have a better pipeline of new products. Most of the time, JNJ compensate the lack of new products with new acquisitions.

Advice to Management

Maintain the crystal clear communications as well as the living of the Credo. Keep having the employee wellness as a priority.

"Decent"

Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales in New York, NY

Pros

Good entry into the market for college grads. good training . Met a lot of nice people through it and helped my resume.

Cons

It is hard to move up. Hard to get titles. Ended up leaving for another job because it seemed stagnant

8. "It's okay not great but good enough for now."

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Skillman, NJ
    Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Skillman, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and understanding employers. I like the opportunity to work from home. And they are very family oriented so that's great.

Cons

I will like to gain more training and see a little more order within the groups. Different groups follow different processes.

Advice to Management

None at the moment.

"Best company I've worked for so far"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Raynham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Raynham, MA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They're focused on the people who work for them and try to maintain a good work/life balance. They are leaders when it comes to employee benefits.

Cons

I Haven't ran into any yet but if I have to say something then I would like to see more updated office equipment.

Advice to Management

None

10. "Regional Leader"

Current Employee - Regional Leader in New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Leader in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company guided by the Credo and a truly inspiring CEO.

Cons

In the middle of a reinvention, moving from largely decentralized to centralized for all shared services. There is a whole lot of change which can lead to confusion trying to accomplish daily tasks. We will be better for it in the end.

Advice to Management

Understand the effort it is taking to keep the business moving in spite of changes to how we work, the groups we work with and how services are delivered. It takes dedication and hard work to keep performing at a high level.

11. "Finance/ Accounting Co-Op"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your retirement starts even as a Co-Op. Very philanthropic company and a lot of room for growth.

Cons

I did not feel very supported in my role, but that could have been the people that I was working with.
    They also promote work life balance, but depending on your role and the time of year you work in that role, there is not as much work life balance as they promote.

Advice to Management

Should let Co-Ops evaluate their experience themselves.

Showing 2,891 of 3,331 reviews