Johnson & Johnson "j j" Reviews | Glassdoor

Johnson & Johnson Employee Reviews about "j j"

Updated Dec 23, 2018

4.1
Pros
  • "Great work life balance at the office(in 526 reviews)

• "rios, descontos em produtos J&J, fretado sem descontos para os estagi(in 284 reviews)

Cons
  • "A J&J consumo entrou em um looping muito negativo de resultados que j(in 176 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be tricky in some departments due to lack of resources(in 173 reviews)

Reviews about "j j"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I’ve performed thousands of surgeries, delivered thousands of babies and taught thousands of doctors."

Current Contractor - Device Sales, Instructor, MD PhD, MBA in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson for more than 10 years

Pros

I gave lectures for J&J, helped invent an instrument to be used in surgery, and taught surgery when working for J&J in the past and loved it but always loved helping people in my professional Ob/Gyn practice.

Cons

It was tough working 24/7 all the time in solo practice. I had to hire locums docs when I had to leave to teach.

Advice to Management

Give someone a chance to work and create that has been in the trenches that knows what works and doesn’t work.

Johnson & Johnson2018-12-23

"Account Executive"

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Well Payed, Some unique & nice perks, attract good talent, can be that long-term/career company.

Cons

At least in a sales role at J&J, you are so easily replaced that just hitting quota does not matter. Managing relationships and navigating politics internally is just as, if not more, important than managing relationships with customers. You are simply a number, and you better hope you fall in a favorable position with their plans. If not, you are worthless.

Advice to Management

Really work on widening the corporate structure. For example, The regional managers know nothing outside of what the district managers report to them. If I bring my manager to the table for a deal, he offends my customer, deal falls apart, and I lose that business, who is accountable?... Hypothetically of course!

Johnson & Johnson2018-12-10

"Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Program Engineer III in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits and stability. Flexible schedules and workplace diversity. In house fitness center and car charging. Possibility of moving to other J&J divisions.

Cons

Lots of red tape, making it difficult to develop quickly. Poor project management and communication. Not enough stress on innovation and learning new skills. Short-sided goals sacrifice long term payoffs.

Advice to Management

Make a work-breakdown structure for each project so there's clarity for everyone's role. Communicate reasonable goals to individual contributors and be honest to upper management. Kicking the can has become the culture and it is not paying off. Stress innovation and training of new skills. If your workers aren't learning new skills they will move to a company supporting those desires.

Johnson & Johnson2018-02-13

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cafeteria & Benefits are ok. They have pension but it’s not worth all of the stress! If you are able to time off the company offers 2 weeks of vacation plus one week of family time.

Cons

The CSS division is extremely unorganized, long hours and no life balance. You are expected to answer emails anytime. J&J is very political and takes years for anything to get done. You are expected to perform even though management knows that you don’t have the tools to succeed.

Advice to Management

Don’t set your employees for failure but instead give them the tools they need to do the job today and not next year.

Johnson & Johnson2018-03-03
  5. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Contractor - Program Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson for more than 5 years

Pros

Have been consulting at J&J for over 6.5 years, and all my managers have been good, solid folks who care about their projects, their employees, their company, AND their contractors. It's a very "family first" environment, and provides a good working environment with plenty of opportunity for ambitious, hard-working individuals.

Cons

None that I can call out.

Johnson & Johnson2018-01-26

"Procurement manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Raritan, NJ

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Credo based company, excellent business unit level management and executive level management, promising pipeline, great pay and they reward employees well for performance, work/life family balance, they really respect and support their employees

Cons

None in my opinion. I believe J&J is the best place to work in The industry. It is a larger company so I have heard experience can vary by operating company or sector.

Advice to Management

Continue offering best in class benefits and career development. You will continue to retain the top talent.

Johnson & Johnson2018-01-13

"Supply Chain Co-op"

Supply Chain Co-Op in Malvern, PA

I worked at Johnson & Johnson for less than a year

Pros

Great exposure to different groups within J&J. I mostly enjoyed learning about their data science group, which led me to know what I wanted to go into after graduating - software engineering.

Cons

- Zero structure: co-ops are randomly placed within teams and given pretend projects with the only prospect of being hired onto that specific team after. The only real contributions are admin type work. This is a trend throughout the company, which is why the only real way to move up is to leave and then come back. I probably would have had an incredibly better experience if I was placed within some of the scientist... groups, but they only hire PhDs - Old school corporate: if you're a millennial / gen z, avoid like the plague - They dangle the GOLD program in front of you as "leadership" development, but from speaking with more experienced people in the program, it's really shooting yourself in the foot since you gain no real or direct skills

Advice to Management

Create a structured co-op program / new hire program or don't have them at all.

Johnson & Johnson2018-01-11
  8. "Interning at J&J with ASP"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

J&J is a large company but it has a small company feel . Though I was an intern, I had great benefits and pay with the ability to have a flexible schedule.

Cons

It takes a while to get acquainted with all of J&J's systems, the large campus, and all the people. All positions require extensive amounts of online training to come up to speed.

Johnson & Johnson2017-12-05
  9. "District Business Manager"

District Business Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson

Pros

Phenomenal company. Career opportunities are endless within the company. Pension. Opportunities within other J&J operating companies. Work family balance. Company car.

Cons

Evolving industry. Complexity working with distributors. Clinical superiority is overlooked by OD's for the deal of the day. Always targeted by other companies due to being the leader.

Johnson & Johnson2017-11-19
  10. "Staff Process Engineer"

Current Employee - Staff Process Engineer in Aguadilla, PR

I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

J&J is a great employee. They are people oriented and will support your career aspirations and at the same time will provide all the resources you need to perform your job.

Cons

Business decisions can put you out of the job very quickly. They take high risk on projects and if the return of investment is not immediate or enough, they will shutdown the business and invest the money somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Take important decisions quickly so projects are performed by their due date. To much bureaucracy for important decision can make projects fail their due dates.

Johnson & Johnson2017-11-07