Jonathan Wesley Reviews | Glassdoor

Syed Raza

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Account Executive"

I have been working at Jonathan Wesley full-time

Pros

Great Team environment. Everyone is very helpful! I like the fact that its in retail vs outside sales. I also love the fact that its not just commission and i am guaranteed an hourly.

Cons

We do company events only once a week. I would love if we would do more team activities. I got to go to the cubs game and I am a white sox fan!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great working atmosphere!

2. "Great place for merit based advancement!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at Jonathan Wesley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Jonathan Wesley now for over a year. I am currently in an account Executive capacity. In this time I have had to opportunity to earn promotions and additional responsibilities based on my performance. I am guaranteed an hourly pay with opportunities to earn bonuses and commissions. I love the fact that both my bonuses and advancement are based solely on my work ethic. There is no seniority or nepotism. And most importantly I love the work culture. Everyone is helpful and going to work is a lot of fun.

Cons

I am writing this review because I recently interviewed a candidate who asked about some of the negative responses about the company online. I find it discouraging that in this age of technology sometimes people rely so blindly on social media which really is someone's opinion, and not necessarily fact. I respect that It is a performance based environment and not something everyone may be comfortable with.

Advice to Management

Thankyou for creating a fun work environment that is conducive to constant learning and development. I love that I get the chance to volunteer and the bears and hawks game. Would really appreciate if we could do more of that!

3. "Good opportunity, just not for me"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Jonathan Wesley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great team building exercises, good training, great benefits once you begin to move up through the company.

Cons

No mileage reimbursement, not paid for travel time or time at the office. You are only paid for time at your assigned location and you don't get hourly pay and sales. It's one or the other. No benefits until you become a manger.

Advice to Management

Give some type of reimbursement for mileage or travel time. Increase hourly wage or pay for time at the office.

"Real Opportunity - Real Testimony"

Current Employee - Market Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Jonathan Wesley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company a little over 3 years. This is a career path that starts in sales but has the opportunity to advance wherever you find the best fit. For some people, that means earning a competitive income as a sales agent; for others, it means advancing into a Human Resources role. For me, it was to pursue the path to management.

In a little over a year, I earned a position as a Market Director which has afforded me so many opportunities. Through this company, I have provided myself with an awesome work-life balance while being able to provide for my family. The client and channel were low impact factors in my decision to work with Jonathan Wesley. It was all about having the opportunity to work hard enough now so I would be in a position to enjoy my life with my family later.

Cons

A career here requires sales competency regardless of the path an individual chooses within the organization. It is hard work and it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent throughout the organization.

"Cult/Scam"

Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Jonathan Wesley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Games in the morning are childish. Learned how a con artist operates a business. This business is a 100% scam. The "owner" talks about his wealth.

Cons

Scam, structured like a pyramid scheme, cult-like rituals every morning. 12 hour days, $200 per week, no benefits. Read the article "Devil Corp"

Advice to Management

Read "Devil Corp"

Jun 8, 2017 – Operations Manager

It is unfortunate when a competitor writes a review - you can tell that this person never worked in our company. No games in the morning - our professionals are not children The owner of the... More

"False Face"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Pros

Good music in the waiting room.

Cons

If you get a gut feeling in your stomach while you're there that something shady is going on in this business, it's because there is. No one tells the truth, not event he HR/Office managers. They write half of these "positive reviews" on glassdoor. No business should be able to operate like this.

Advice to Management

Actually live by your company mission of "honesty and integrity." Stop lying to yourself that you are, because you're not.

Jun 8, 2017 – Operations Manager

Glad you liked our music - Thanks for your feedback - If you felt mislead or lied to you about employment should contact the office directly and ask to speak to Management or send an email that... More

"False advertising"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at Jonathan Wesley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company outings are fun, office environment friendly (overly friendly)

Cons

Little pay, no benefits, long hours... stay away from place or else you'll be brainwashed and lose your sanity. They are willing to hire anybody to make more money. I'm surprise companies such as this one are still running.

Advice to Management

"HR" and current employees seem to be the only ones posting the positive reviews about this company. Stop posting jobs about account executive or brand ambassador. These positions are completely different at legitimate companies. Stop giving people false information and hope when you're a scam.

May 16, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for your posting. We appreciate your opinion. Glad to hear you enjoyed the corporate culture. Our pay structure seems to be very competitive for the industry that includes hourly pay... More

"Brand Rep"

I have been working at Jonathan Wesley full-time

Pros

Great training, easy-going fun atmosphere, good advancement opportunities.

Cons

Candidates with 4 yr degrees get precidence over those who don't

"Great Place to work"

Pros

Great team to work with. Learn something new everyday

Cons

There are no cons. Amazing team and great company

Advice to Management

non

"Awesome company with a lot of growth."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Jonathan Wesley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, everyone is very helpful, and the management team is very transparent about what their company goal and vision is. I have been with the company for 8 months and I have already seen a tremendous amount of growth. In just this short amount of time I have watched them expanded their company into multiple markets across the US. I am just excited to keep learning and keep growing.

Great company!

Cons

If you don't like working with people then this probably is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

May 16, 2017 – Operations Manager

Thank you for the response. Growth and expansion is always exciting. Working with people can be challenging but for those who can have fun with customers and execute can have a bright future here.