KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Jones Sign Company Reviews

Updated Oct 25, 2021

Found 70 of over 71 reviews

4.4
Jones Sign Company President/Sole Owner John Mortensen (no image)
John Mortensen
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing team; Incredibly client-focused

May 16, 2021 - Marketing Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very few current employees have been with Jones for less than 5-10 years. In my opinion, that should tell you everything you need to know about exactly what kind of company Jones is. Turnover isn’t high because employees are respected and given the tools and training we need to do our jobs well and give the best service to each and every client. No company is perfect, but a company that can retain its talent and keep so many of its employees for so long in this day and age is clearly doing something right.

Cons

It’s not a con for me, but if you prefer more of a start-up environment, this isn’t that. Jones has been in business for over 100 years. We know what we’re doing and we stick to it. There isn’t a lot of wiggle room in that regard.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok but be cautious

Oct 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in De Pere, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

-I am not a disgruntled employee who got fired -Some people are great workers and do a lot all at once. Your coworkers (who arent related to management) are kind and care a lot. -Pay for gym membership -Most guys in the shop are very kind and nice to work with

Cons

-I have have heard people say quite a bit that they got through 2020 great. In terms of profit, yes. They laid off a lot of newer and senior staff. They will boot you at any time if you arent absolutely in the good graces of your manager. -Be aware if you work in the office a very large chunk of people are related. Dont tell anyone anything until you know they are unrelated. -They will milk you for every ounce of energy and beyond. It is almost unheard of for people to take off and not respond to emails. -They will hire anyone. Unless you absolutely bomb the interview, they will hire you. Most people have little to no experience. It is because the recruiters get nice kick backs. Why look into their skills when you can have a warm body and get paid. -Grossly understaffed in project management and in the service dept. They would hire service people, they would see the mess, and never come back. -Pay is fine but retirement is not good. Insurance is pretty low quality as well. - I never saw the owner but saw some messages he sent to certain staff. Not good. -Be aware, the turn over is pretty bad. It is made out to seem like it is not.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee

If you have to hire a company to write fake reviews on Glassdoor that should tell you everything you need to know

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People who aren’t related and on the C team

Cons

They expect everything but give nothing. I imagine the pat is good if you’re a salesman, part of the family or blonde. The benefits and retirement are well below average in my opinion and based on past experience. They Encourage you to provide honest feedback but not to make things better instead to hold it and use it against you. They are proud that all key positions are filled by women but they are only filled by women because you can pay them less and they’re easier for the three men at the top to control.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Avoid the Control Culture

Oct 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits and 401k are above market and needed to be to keep people around and tolerate the control, profit over anything culture.

Cons

Profit and projects will be placed before people everyday. Management (yes management not leadership) will excitedly share profits in 2020 were great even during the pandemic but there is no consideration around what that profit cost in terms of the great people that make up the organization. Good people will continue to leave due to this deep rooted mindset. The culture is control and if you go against it you will not last.

5. 5.0

I still look forward to going into work each day

May 6, 2021 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even though the company has been in business for over a century, it’s still growing and developing every single year. While that’s great for the company, what it means for us employees is that there are even more opportunities to develop professionally, get promoted, learn more about the industry, try our hand at tasks outside our designated roles, and work together to make the company even more of a success. It’s a great environment to be in if you’re looking for a career. If you just want to get in and get out, I don’t recommend applying here.

Cons

The training is a bit lackluster. Unless you are a fast-learner and learn best by doing, you’ll be treading water for a bit when you first arrive.

6. 5.0

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Competitive pay and benefits

May 8, 2021 - Welder/Fabricator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’m not even going to lie, I took the job because of the offer I was given during the interview process. It was much higher than I anticipated and I still can’t believe it’s only a starting point! The pay is incredible, more than 50% higher than what I was getting paid at my last job. The benefits are great too. Full medical, dental, and vision. The work is interesting and challenging and I couldn’t be happier.

Cons

There isn’t a lot of room to take on responsibility outside of my defined role, which is a bummer because I love broadening my skillsets and growing my professional value.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great workplace for creative types

Apr 28, 2021 - Welder/Fabricator
    Business Outlook

Pros

You wouldn’t immediately think it, but the sign industry is a very creative one. There’s unique problems and challenges that really require you to think outside the box and come up with interesting and eye-catching solutions to clients’ wants and needs. We work as a team on every project, and the synergy that’s created when we’re all working together is unbeatable. It’s amazing and I especially love seeing the ideas and perspectives that newer employees bring to the table.

Cons

We’ve had some issues with turnover recently because the younger employees that have the ideas and creativity don’t always have the work ethic necessary to keep a job for longer than a year.

9. 5.0

I still look forward to going into work each day

Apr 10, 2021 - Project Manager

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Getting better and better

Apr 26, 2021 - Marketing Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you look back at the way things used to be versus how they are today it’s a night and day difference. To put it aptly, the old management sucked. Now that the Jones Sign Company management team are in place the company has become an amazing place to work. We’re killing it out there despite the pandemic. This is a review from a satisfied employee who was giving up hope.

Cons

Any cons would be directed at the old management which aren’t around anymore. I’m happy with the way things are at the moment.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 70 Reviews