Jordan's Furniture Reviews in Avon, MA | Glassdoor

Eliot Tatelman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avon, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, lots of fun employee events and you always feel appreciated. The team is very supportive and always willing to help each other out. Lots of long term employees which really shows how well the company treats everyone, people don't want to leave.

Cons

There are lots of changes that take place, so if you're not someone that can adjust to change this is not the place for you - but they do it to ensure that Jordan's stays the best store out there

Advice to Management

Great place to work! Thank you!

2. "Retail Store"

Current Employee - Administrative in Avon, MA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Avon, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Absolutely the best place to work! I feel so luck to have been selected to work here and be part of the J-team. Jordan's is built on honesty, integrity, and most of all working hard and having fun.

Cons

I can't think of any besides more opportunities with in the company

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people and you will always do well!

3. "Warehouse associate"

Former Employee - Showroom Warehouse Assistant in Avon, MA
    Former Employee - Showroom Warehouse Assistant in Avon, MA

I worked at Jordan's Furniture part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and hours were great for a part time job

Cons

The pay could've been more as well benefits

4. "Great experience!"

Former Employee - Enchanted Village Customer Service in Avon, MA
    Former Employee - Enchanted Village Customer Service in Avon, MA

I worked at Jordan's Furniture part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall at Jordan's Furniture I had a good experience as it was my first job in the customer service department. I worked in the Enchanted Village and met many awesome co workers. The management overall was great and we had a close-knit bond with each other, i knew most of the mangers on a different level than just a boss. The time and a half on Sundays was awesome too, and it was a dollar above minimum wage when I started working there. I look forward to going back next holiday season. Plus the famous CEO Elliot showed me his World Series Ring, and I love baseball! He was always around on Sundays and events.

Cons

Sometimes it could get long and boring depending on where you were working. I remember an 8 hour shift of just standing out on the ice rink, which was terrible. Hard to find a break sometimes as well.

Advice to Management

Plan the half hour breaks before we start working, so it does not get chaotic when everyone wants to take a break at the same time.

5. "It's an amazing company."

Current Employee - Manager in Avon, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Avon, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Jordan's inspires you to be your best. Whether you are in sales or in operations, they want their employees to enjoy what they do. They believe that if you are happy, you will give customers a great experience; therefore, they offer great employee benefits, and provide excellent training. Managers are extremely supportive and coach you to succeed.

Cons

Not sure you would consider having to be flexible a con. Jordan's believes in changing policies and procedures to meet today's demands. They are not afraid to look at a policy and update it accordingly. So I guess that means you cannot be complacent with anything they do as they are always looking to improve the customer's experience.

6. "Love going to work!"

Current Employee - Office Support in Avon, MA
    Current Employee - Office Support in Avon, MA

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A positive environment and team spirit exists at Jordan's and makes going to work enjoyable. The company offers generous benefits (including fun extras), employees are appreciated and respected at all levels and are encouraged to grow and develop.

Cons

Retail hours for store positions are not always ideal but they are fair with working rotating schedules and getting time off.

7. "Jordan's Furniture is an amazing place to work."

I have been working at Jordan's Furniture full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best part of Jordan's is the people! It may be hard to get into Jordan's, they have high expectations, but they need to to keep up their reputation as being the best of the best.

Cons

Commute can be a challenge, but is worth it for all the other benefits that go along with working there.

"Guest Service Representative"

Former Employee - Guest Services Representative in Avon, MA
    Former Employee - Guest Services Representative in Avon, MA

I worked at Jordan's Furniture part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, exciting environment with fun people and friends all around. Get's you out of your comfort zone and into talking to people, in front of people, and in general just becoming a more sociable person. Fun working environment.

Cons

Very low pay, no growth opportunities what so ever, pay raises are miniscule.

Advice to Management

increase pay, consider some sort of advancement opportunities to provide an incentive for employees to better them selves and want to improve.