Joy Global Project Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Ted Doheny II
  1. "Upswing/Cyclical"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Joy Global full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, people that care, good benefits, good salary, potential for bonuses. Now part of Komatsu and initially seems and feels like a good company overall.

Cons

Travel can be extensive depending on project. Constant restructuring causes confusion and lack of guidance.

Advice to Management

Too much restructuring.

Joy Global2018-04-16

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Joy Global

Pros

The company pays well and has a good benefits program. No ID badges used for punching in and out for salary employees.

Cons

It is a very unstable business manufacturing big equipment for mining industry, with a very limited product portfolio (electric shovels, electric drills and electric draglines and since a few years a mining trucks).

Advice to Management

The product portfolio should include supply to some other industries. Being a manufacturer of only mining equipment doesn't give you a leverage during bad economy in the mining industry.

Joy Global2016-05-19

Joy Global Response

September 13, 2016Advertising & PR Manager

Thanks for your review. To your point about diversifying, it's something we have actively been pursuing in recent years. Our 2015 acquisition of Montabert, in particular, helped expand our offerings for the construction and tunneling markets, and our offerings for material handling ...

Found 2 reviews