Judson Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Cameron Hosner

1. "Child Care-Worker"

Current Employee - Child Care Worker in New Baltimore, MI
    Current Employee - Child Care Worker in New Baltimore, MI

I have been working at Judson Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefit package i,e; retirement plan. John Hancock life Insurance STD and Long term disability. Accrual of earned time off and sick leave. The company however, does have in place a few things for employee recognition and that is a plus. Overall Judson Center does have a true genuine purpose working with families and children with physical and mental in-capacities are God's greatest gifts....Caring and Helping.

Cons

Policy and procedures are out dated and desperately needs updated. Management aren't as knowledgeable as they should be. Procrastination often at times are front and center. The employees that the company has in the forefront are at times too relaxed in addressing potentially serious issues or concerns in a timely manner. Turn around time for a response from employee to supervisor is currently professionally unacceptable!

Advice to Management

I would like to see more compassion and empathy for your employees. Not everyone is created to willingly help others in need. The best way regarding staff retention is to hire Supervisors that possess the natural qualities of compassion and empathy along with great leadership skills.

2. "Great Experience!"

I worked at Judson Center full-time

Pros

Working with the kids is great, and the Summer Fun Program gives you great exposure to working with children with special needs

Cons

Pay was low, but worth the experience for a summer job

3. "Foster Care Casemanager"

Former Employee - Foster Care Case Manager in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Foster Care Case Manager in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Judson Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros were that as a case manager and caring individual,I was able to assist those in need whom were truly looking for an opportunity to get their lives in order with needed resources,referrals,etc. I enjoyed seeing that the children who had been removed from their biology families were being well taken care of in short and long term situations.

Cons

The pay was so low,the Orkney load was horrid,there were no support workers to assist the casemanagers,so the case managers were not allowed the required desk time to do the necessary basic of the job, however more time was spend transporting,doing clerical work,and just overall stressing.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more supportive,more in tune with what their staff's needs. Management needs to also tame he wild foster parents and bio parents just be a basic mediator for their staff!!

5. "Caseworker"

Former Employee - Case Worker in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Case Worker in Warren, MI

I worked at Judson Center (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible hours and helping families

Cons

too much paperwork, no overtime pay, and not appreciated for the hard work

6. "Great culture"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Royal Oak, MI

Pros

The office environment was positive and everyone was welcoming and got along
    The culture of the company is truly centered around helping the people that they serve

Cons

The pay for employees is below market value.
    Most of the time I didn't know what I was supposed to do or I was given an obsolete task
    Spent a lot of time doing nothing and waiting for something to do
    I expecting more direction as an intern

Advice to Management

Pay employees more so the organization is less of a revolving door
    Provide more instruction and higher level training to staff

7. "Lead Teacher Summer Program"

Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Special Education Teacher in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Judson Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good experience having own classroom, great teachers with ability to brainstorm and support each other, good hours, free CPR certification class and behavior management certification for some

Cons

Young supervisors running program with too much responsibility, very challenging & aggressive student behaviors with no proper behavior behavior plan, low pay for job requirements, staff cliques, poorly trained paraprofessional staff, company lied about paid training

Advice to Management

Raise pay for all staff, paid training, hire better BCBA's who know how to accurately assess student behavior and write plan accordingly instead of using a prior year's plan or generalizing, stop abusing students with restraint and seclusion techniques improperly used and managed

8. "Loved it!"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Troy, MI

I worked at Judson Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in office got along, always knew exactly what was expected of me.

Cons

Can't actually think of any! Keep up the good work!

9. "STNA"

Current Employee - STNA in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - STNA in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Judson Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I take care the elderly, I like to make them feel important and independent

Cons

The ppl u work with might not be a team player and I feel we should work as one

Advice to Management

Be a great manager to keep a equal work place

"Autism Connections- Helping others in need aside from our own employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Judson Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The children and clients are incredible! They make the job worth while

Cons

The hours are horrible, some days you can work 5 hours and others you can be there up to 10.5 hours. The management is a joke, any time you bring something to a supervisor they disregard what is brought to them. The higher ups also sit around and do not do their job, instead they chat and do whatever they want. The supervisor does not show up until later in the day and "favors" specific clients and staff. It is a very unprofessional environment as well as a very small work space. You will be promised so much from the higher ups in Royal Oak but the Ann Arbor office is the least of their concerns. They would rather put time and effort elsewhere before working on expanding their other Autism Connections Office. The pay terrible and a raise happens if you meet certain "criteria." There is hardly any room for advancement and being recognized for all of your hard work and dedication is done by a thumbs up and being told "good job"

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. They are making all the money for you so show ALL of the employees that you appreciate them, not just specific offices. ALSO learn how to run a company based on care of your employees and clients, not just based on making money.

11. "Low Pay and Low grade managers"

Former Employee - Case Specialist in Royal Oak, MI
    Former Employee - Case Specialist in Royal Oak, MI

I worked at Judson Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The clients that the agency serves are amazing. The autism program is pretty amazing .

Cons

They place clients in positions that they are really not interested in. The agency is focused on outcomes related to job placements moreso than ensuring that the client is happy where they are placed. The pay that the clients receive are deviated wages. Same management for a while and they are pretty horrible.

Advice to Management

Find new jobs. You clearlly can't handle your workloads.