Julius Silvert, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Purchasing"

Current Employee - Purchaser in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Purchaser in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team environment. Very supportive and knowledgeable staff. Great pay. Benefits. Non Micro Managed. Lots of products to keep you busy. Vendors send edible presents.

Cons

Parking is not good. Its free to park on the street but the neighborhood is kinda scary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. finding twenty words when I am so new is difficult but here I am trying to improve the bad reviews because I was scared at first, but I see now that none of those opinions have shown themselves to me to be true.

2. "Worst Nightmare on Earth"

Former Employee - Customer Service
    Former Employee - Customer Service

I worked at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only reason to work here was a paycheck until I could find anything else.

Cons

Many downsides to working here. Overworked and underpaid. Long hours and very difficult to take off any time that you earned. The owners are the only ones allowed to make any decisions - everything has to be approved by them.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like the company is a dictatorship and trust your employees.

3. "Its getting better"

Current Employee - Warehouse in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are bringing in a lot of new managers & people who all care. It shows this place is getting better already.

Cons

not enough parking for employees.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

""Not getting better""

Pros

There are no Pros there

Cons

Place is not getting better. Getting worse everyday. New management is worse than the previous one. Anyone who thinks it is better is in denial. Most drivers are putting in more than 70 hours and are in DOT violations. Management likes to use fear tactics.

Advice to Management

Resign

6. "Nice job as long as you don't mind putting in the work."

Former Employee - Driver in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Driver in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, friendly coworkers and nice upper management, owners are nice once you get to know them. The pay is decent upon hire and only gets better as long as your willing to work for it.

Cons

A lot of the days the drivers work 10+ hours a day and add 6 days a week on top of the long days it can make for a cranky and burnt out employee very quickly.

Advice to Management

Show a little more appreciation to the "faces" of the company and don't keep running them into the ground by making them work the 10-14 hour days 6 days a week.

"Department manager"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Met some great productive hard working people that deserve better opportunities. I hope they find more appreciative management and whom will pass on to those employees who well deserve it.

Cons

The biggest challenge is dealing with the one owner and upper management. They treat employees like first graders and micromanage every one in all departments. Rules vary for each employee and change daily. Some department managers are asked to do unethical things. Phone calls are recorded as well as audio cameras throughout the bldg. Owner is beyond being Paranoid and have major trust issues.

Advice to Management

Management it's time to move on and do something good with your tallents. Owners, grow up or take some meds.

"My experience with the organization was much less fulfilling than I expected it would be"

Former Employee - Operations in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Operations in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Salary at this company was very competitive.Also there are a lot of employees there who understand what real teamwork is supposed to be and theses employees functioned accordingly

Cons

Upper management does NOT care about any of its employees.... I witnessed many instances that support the statement of " You are only as good as your last day worked" I Myself managed a department which required 3 or more people alone for a 4 month period.... once the company hired additional people, I was told that I was insufficient and that the pay increase I was due to receive was reduced based upon my performance in spite of the fact that I single handedly manned the three man position .I was taken for granted and all of this companies employees have at some point been taken advantage of . At a point where I expressed that some of the things that I had seen were not ethical or morally correct I was told "we are not here to make friends and for those that don't like it there's the door.I was a salaried employee who during the time frame where I manned a specific dept. alone, i also worked beyond the set schedule time as well as worked on scheduled days off and when I asked about compensation for working my off days I was told there is none but we won't dock your pay if you leave early on any specific day. You can't leave early if your the only person running a detail intense department

Advice to Management

While we are not here to make friends an employee who knows or at least believes that he or she is appreciated will work much harder for you and this does not necessarily mean that you should expect to pay them a higher salary

"Worked here for four years; four years too damned long!"

Former Employee - Receiving Department in Philadelphia, Camden, NC
    Former Employee - Receiving Department in Philadelphia, Camden, NC

I worked at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At least it pays for some alcohol to help drown the misery of being employed here away. I suppose it is better than homelessness too. There were some great people that worked in the warehouse and as truck drivers. Camaraderie with your besieged coworkers is easy to come by when you work for slimy sweat shop operators like these jokers.

Cons

The owners are the epitome of ungrateful. I know I've been gone for four years but it sounds like it hasn't changed much. Even if you work hard and give the company everything you have every day, they'll give you a good review but then tell you to be grateful you have a job and that at least you're not in Afghanistan. Oh by the way, you're not getting a raise. In my time at the company, I became a very versatile member of the receiving department. All this got me was a PAY RAISE to earn the same amount as any other warehouse employee. The back breaker for me was being passed over for promotion time and time again. Eventually the receiving manager job went to some pencil necked brown noser that I had to help train to do the office work for the job. That was probably the best thing that ever happened to me as in three short years after my employment I expanded my knowledge base and tripled my earning potential. So long suckers!

Advice to Management

I'm not even going to bother with these slugs. They're elitist scum who slave drive everyone they employ. Instead, I will direct my advice to potential entry level employees like I was once. Stay away from these warehouse jobs. Learn a trade or get an apprenticeship. You need to develop skills so that you don't have to depend on demon spawn like these owners for your livelihood.

"Beware! Drivers paid on salary!"

Former Employee - Regional Truck Driver in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Regional Truck Driver in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Dedicated routes and trucks. No loading of trucks.

Cons

SALARY for drivers. Bet you wouldn't even think ask that! Gps monitoring to determine if you are in an area that needs a pick up.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing, and trust the professional drivers that you hire.

"A busy company but poor owners"

I worked at Julius Silvert, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management cares but the owners have such poor/non existent communication skills it makes for a horrible work environment.

Cons

Owners are paranoid, don't know how to communicate and think their employees are slaves.

Advice to Management

Let upper management run the company and stop being so negative.