Jumio Reviews

Updated May 3, 2021

4.0
Jumio CEO Robert Prigge
Robert Prigge
Pros
  • "Also, I think the company is doing better than most adjusting to a fully remote working environment and makes great use of technology(in 4 reviews)

• "I've been with Jumio in their Palo Alto offices close to two years and have had a great experience(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are some growing pains and process improvements that need to be made for a company of this size and maturity level(in 4 reviews)

• "Wish there were more benefits like 401k and catered lunches like a lot of silicon valley startups(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, product, and culture!

Feb 16, 2021 - Sales Manager in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are supportive of you and a great place to grow your career. I've seen many internal promotions since I joined 2 years ago. Great diversity of people too. It's fun to see a global company like Jumio managed so well from the top down.

Cons

New features and functionality need to be smoothed out better in beta. I fear the product team may push features out before they are truly prime time, and still needing some tweaks. Overall, however, this is not a huge problem, and just something that I've seen from time to time. This is likely due to the many deployments of Jumio, and our engineering team having to deal with both web and mobile applications of the technology.

Jumio Response

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear your take on the people and culture at Jumio as well as the constructive thinking on the features/product. Hopefully you've been able to share this directly with the product team too - I know they welcome feedback and are super responsive.

2. 5.0

Great Opportunity, Growing Company

Jan 22, 2021 - Manager in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Jumio because I liked the idea of being part of a solution: fighting on-line fraud and fraudsters. What I found here is a really great group of people who are smart and welcoming. I really appreciated this when we moved to working remotely this year. There's a ton of growth and hiring happening, which makes for good energy and excitement.

Cons

The typical growing pains that global companies go through. There are choppy communication lines with some managers. There are changes that need to be made in the way we do things, but the leadership sees this, or at least is open to seeing this and then making those changes.

Jumio Response

Thank you for posting. Lovely to see how many people enjoy the purposeful work we do to battle online fraud and make the online world a safer place. Definitely an important and valuable mission as anyone who's suffered from identity theft will confirm.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, lots of opportunities to grow

Feb 16, 2021 - Director in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people make work fun. Everyone is super supportive. Management is transparent and approachable. Great place to learn and lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

Work can get pretty hectic and they have been trying to hire to cover the workload

Jumio Response

Thanks so much for the review, great to hear the transparency and approachability is appreciated - certainly something we value. Definitely lots of hiring at the moment to support our growth.

4. 5.0

Love my new company!

Feb 16, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Leadership seems to do a good job staying connected with employees -Team members step out of their way to help and make sure everyone succeeds

Cons

-Nothing really worth sharing - especially joining in the midst of a Pandemic

Jumio Response

We love our new employees too! Thanks for taking time to post the review and great to hear everyone is being supportive and helping a new joiner get up to speed - it's not easy joining remotely so we're working hard to make it as positive as possible.

5. 5.0

Amazing culture!

May 14, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jumio has a very compassionate culture. People here believe you can win and will get behind you to help you do so. Everyone chips in, and checks in on you to make sure you're doing ok. I've had projects that got thrown over the fence at the last minute, and everyone rallies, rolls up their sleeves, and beats the deadline. No bureaucracy. In Elon Musk like form, you can go directly to the person who can get you the answer you need. The marketing team punches above its weight and knows how to pivot and ride a trend. The product team wants to get involved and talk to customers. The company isn't afraid to talk about any weaknesses and doesn't sweep them under the rug. They recognize them and then take action. The company communicates well with its employees. It's not uncommon to get a video message from the CEO, CRO, or a Product leader sharing the latest multiple times a week. Also, I think the company is doing better than most adjusting to a fully remote working environment and makes great use of technology.

Cons

There can be a lot of the noise in the space at times made by non-contenders, and fly-by-nights. Jumio continues to rise above.

Jumio Response

Thanks for the energy and enthusiasm - easy to see why you're enjoying Jumio so far - must be a great fit for the culture here. I think we all appreciate the regular video updates from the leadership team - especially when everyone's WFH.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Right CEO at the Right Time

Apr 22, 2020 - Vice President Marketing in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of pros to Jumio and it starts with the CEO. Robert Prigge has done an incredible job over the last 2 + years getting the company focused and tearing down the silos that used to exist between the functional areas. The company has a great culture and esprit de corps .... and I think it has a big opportunity ahead of it.

Cons

We work really hard at Jumio and this can impact work-life balance for some teams and individuals. Each team almost has its own culture, but I know the company is working on improving this globally by better evangelizing our mission, values and KPIs.

1 person found this review helpful

Jumio Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of Jumio today - it resonates with the feedback we see and hear every day. The CEO's regular updates came up in a working group discussion recently as a great example of how we try to keep everyone bang up to date with the latest information. Especially in difficult periods the senior team works incredibly hard to share information as openly and often as possible - great to hear it's appreciated.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Need better leaderships starting from the very top

Apr 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance. Has the infrastructure to stay on top as the market leader.

Cons

Boasts a new exec team, but investors are still on the board of directors, and from the board down the leadership just has poor judgement (fiscally, personnel, etc.). It’s still a good old boys club in the sales org, and if you’re not in sales, then you’re a second tier employee. Finally, while companies in Silicon Valley were shutting their doors, and countries were limiting travel due to covid19, leadership thought it was ok to fly people from other parts of the world (not Asian of course) to Palo Alto. While it was “OK” to work from home, it felt discouraged (CEO takes pictures of floor when it looks empty). I don’t blame the employee who came to work and later tested positive for covid19. I won’t even blame the exec team if I get covid19. But in typical fashion, they used poor judgement.

4 people found this review helpful

Jumio Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Glad to hear the positives and naturally concerned to hear your negatives. Some are at odds with the majority of feedback we hear, especially on the refreshed Exec team which has been seen as an excellent step forward by many in the business. We implemented full WFH before many other companies and this has been enforced / actively encouraged by the Exec - including allocating personal budgets to improve WFH office set-ups. Please do raise any further concerns with local HR for a confidential conversation - or raise directly with the Exec through the regular and anonymous Q&As the CEO runs. The majority of people have felt their decision making and transparent communication has been excellent - both in general and especially in the challenging recent weeks.

8. 5.0

Best Company You Will Work For in your Career

Jan 17, 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The best company I have worked for by far. Jumio cares deeply about its employees and provides opportunities for growth, learning, and most importantly, ample opportunities for employees to contribute measurable impact. Leadership, from top to bottom, makes PEOPLE their number 1 priority and this is seen in every single department from sales, finance, engineering, etc and they care deeply about every individual from a professional and personal standpoint.

Cons

There are some growing pains and process improvements that need to be made for a company of this size and maturity level. This is getting addressed at every single all-hands so I am not too worried about this for the future.

Jumio Response

Thanks for taking the time to post this review. It's fantastic to hear you're enjoying life at Jumio. It's definitely exciting times and everyone is working hard on making sure it keeps getting better. Especially good to hear that the transparency of the All Hands sessions is proving positive.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

amazing company, great culture, hot product

Nov 18, 2019 - Account Executive in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Jumio is one of the hottest companies in the Silicon Valley with groundbreaking technology that's a clear leader amongst it's peers. I've been lucky enough to be part of this journey as operations continue scaling up exponentially. The company has an amazing culture here that focuses not only on working hard, but also finding time to have fun and build a sense of team culture here as well. The people who work here are not my co-workers, they're family. Beyond the culture and product, Jumio's focus on innovation is set to overdrive. As an emerging company, if the innovation is not there, it makes you a one trick pony, which Jumio is not.

Cons

As with any exponentially growing company, there are natural challenges that come for things like engineering resources. The good news is that the company is well aware of these and taking active steps to fill gaps where necessary.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Employee Growth

Sep 13, 2019 - Sales Enablement in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great new leadership from the president. In my 5 years at Jumio, this is the best culture I have ever seen established and created from the top. We are a fast-paced growing company and good to see employees are engaged and happy.

Cons

In such a fast-growing company, Jumio HR team needs to improve their onboarding programs for new employees. This ensure they have a great experience from day 1.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Reviews