Juniper Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes work/life balance might be a bit tougher (in 47 reviews)

• upper management is not caring for their employees (in 36 reviews)

1. "Working at JNRP is a Neutral experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The pay, WFH policy is good

Cons

Management... too controlling, doesn't allow their employees to manager their projects...

Advice to Management

Trust your employees.... You hired them for a reason.

2. "Juniper is for people that want to make a positive impact on Juniper's future"

Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staffing Leadership in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

There are many opportunities are all levels to make a positive impact on the future of Juniper. Upper management is open and encourages change that will improve product quality, delivery, internal process and customer satisfaction as well as cost savings driven by efficiencies.

Cons

In order to grow, Juniper will need to mature as an organization. People that don't like change will have to adapt as the companies grows and global processes are put into place. This is not unlike any other campany at this stage. The upside to this is that Juniper is aware of this need and is willing to make these changes. Change is hard even in the best of times.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing change to occur and keep the culture intact

3. "Good place to work on cutting edge technology"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Ability to work on cutting edge technology and to be part of making the difference in the world. Juniper has great tools and utilities for knowledge sharing; called email and email aliases. As smaller company comparing to its competition (Cisco), I think Juniper manages its technical knowledge and ability very well.

Cons

Entire upper management starting with the CEO himself has issues with the "real" market picture and needs. Juniper is so late with ethernet and switching deployments. The worst is that it seems that we are loosing the grip on enterprise innovation. All our products are doing is idential replica of the competion. Only and only reason Juniper got where it is today is the innovation that changed choice of vendor for global ISP market. However, we are lacking that innovation in the enterprise world; thus I am not sure how will this play out.

Advice to Management

Analyze the market better before jumping into new teritory; don't just copy our competition. I understand the fact that we hire a lot of Cisco employees. However, I would rather see us jump on some of the smaller, innovative companies and develop some "out of the box" solution for IT needs in enterprise market.

"Juniper: Opportunity and some craziness"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Lots of opportunities to solve problems and improve processes. Lots of chnce for growth. he company wants to be the best, and there is dedication to doing a really good job.
    Recent reorganization provides opportunities but also means chaos. Changes sounded good but not thought through. My new group is discovering that the reality is very messy--responsibilities not clear--ownership--and we are trying to create a structure and processes for communication. It is busy and interesting--but also crazy-making and stressful.
    I think I am paid very well for my level.

Cons

Right now the company is going through many changes. The changes were not really all thought through. The company is trying to grow so fast, it's as if it took steroids.
    Too much outsourcing to India, especially of some job functions that they don't yet do very well over there. The people I work with in India are very inexperienced and undertrained, though hard-working and intelligent. Much time is wasted repeating instructions to them and holding their hands through simple tasks. It costs far more than senior management realizes.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap.
    Keep eye on the ball.

5. "Interesting place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Interesting Work and Smart Co-workers

Cons

Inter-group politics are a big pain

Advice to Management

Take care of employees first

6. "I look forward to going to work every day!"

Current Employee - Staff User Experience Designer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staff User Experience Designer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Juniper is very close to home so I have a short commute, I like how environmentally minded they are giving subsidies for taking public transportation. They value employees highly, have a good cafeteria, pay good salary, provide large cubes, give monthly happy hours, great people, good benefits...

Cons

Cisco is a formidable competitor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The company has great technology.

Cons

The company has problems with strategic vision -- they are content to just making improvements in the existing product.

Advice to Management

focus more on growth, particularly partnerships and acquisitions

8. "Juniper Networks - still a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Pros

We are a highly respected engineering company and make solid products -

Cons

Could do a better job marketing

Advice to Management

We need to replace Steven Elop soon

"Good technical workforce but management needs restructuring"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

First, I like working at Juniper because I get to see the results of my work in use by millions of people every day and knowing that packets are moving through the internet through the hard work that I put in.

Cons

Too much buearacracy and micro managing. I see some managers that get promoted just because they suck up to their managers. Too many pissing matches between managers.

Advice to Management

Don't be too micro managing. Watch out for your people and make sure they are happy. Be less political and more down to earth.

"a stop on the train"

Current Employee - Sales in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

a great place to get started. company has a strong brand name and installed base. it provides you the oportunity to learn the business and be considered for better positions in other companies.

Cons

senior enterprise management is terrible and getting worse. back office systems are weak and as a result much of my timr is dedicated to chasing down orders and non sales activites. marketing is silent and in general the current sales leadership does not understand the space or competing with cisco

Advice to Management

to hire sales leaders with experience in the space, who know how to motivate a team and can create and drive a vision. they should consider bringing back some of the top talent that has recently left. they also need to stop the turn over in key positions!