Juniper Networks Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Juniper Networks US Reviews

United States

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy work life balance ( unlimited work from home option ) (in 169 reviews)

• Project timings is any work from Home option is there (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work/life balance might be a bit tougher (in 49 reviews)

• upper management is not caring for their employees (in 38 reviews)

1. "EA's are very valuable, management should really listen, utilize them to their fullest, and hear what has to be said."

Current Employee - Senior Executive Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Administrative Assistant in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Juniper Networks is a good company that really looks out for the employee

Cons

I tend to spend too much time here in the office

Advice to Management

some management needs to really go forward and take educational classes on how to speak with and really utilize their support staff, not just for faxing stuff.

2. "Juniper Networks is one of the best companies in the valley."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

The people are smart across the board - engineering, marketing, operations, service, and management. The leadership is competent and ethical, and the Juniper Way is clearly and openly practiced. It's very hard to succeed as a jerk at Juniper - the organization doesn't tolerate abuse. The technology is amazing - this is the hottest stuff in the networking business. And the business itself is strong and growing. We don't spend our time worrying about competition - we create reasons for other companies to worry about us.

Cons

People are very serious, kind of boring at times. "Fun" at Juniper is a particularly elegant piece of code. Yikes.

Advice to Management

Don't forget how we got where we are now: the values of the Juniper Way, growing primarily organically rather than via the wrong acquisition, being engineering-driven.

3. "Juniper--good potential, nice people, and a good place to work"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Unlike many high tech companies in Silicon Valley (and I've worked for many of them) Juniper realizes that constant fire drills and chaining people to their laptops 24/7 = job and employee burnout. Juniper is a company that really seems to understand the concept of work/life balance. I'm sorry. I know that sounds very cliche, but it has actually been my experience in the 2+ years I have worked for this company. Also, the people of Juniper are just really nice to be around.

Cons

For all the ballyhoo made regarding the lofty goals and aspirations of the company, the corporate strategy remains a moving target. I just don't think that senior management (which has seen numerous changes) knows what they really want Juniper to be as a company or how they're actually going to get there. You just want to shake leadership by the throat and scream, "Make up your mind, figure it out and stick to it!" This is a company with great potential. It just needs clearer, more consistant leadership and direction.

Advice to Management

I taught scuba diving for many years. In the words of a dive instructor, to capsulize my thoughts above, I'd say "Plan your dive - then dive your plan." Stop changing your minds, pick a direction, plan how to get there and then execute on the plan. I am hoping Kevin Johnson can do this. But it's a little too soon to tell at this point.

4. "Juniper Networks is one of the great companies to work at..."

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff IV in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

A great company with great products and great quality. Wonderfully managed specially in its largest group IPG. Good processes that leads to a very good quality of products as compared to its competitors. The processes are easy and systematic. The products quality is one of the best.
    The HR is very helpful and very supportive to its employees. A lot of times goes out of its way to help... Most of the departments at Juniper are simply great...

Cons

Some of its acquisitions have not been very well managed. and have taken a lot of time to streamline. If you are working in one of those BUs which were originally acquired, be careful. They are improving but are slow, and the good processes have not been implemented yet there which leads to less revenue and less quality of products in those ares. They are still better than many of its competitors.

Advice to Management

Try to decrease the communications gap between top management and the individual contributors.

5. "Good for some time."

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Salary and benefits are good.

Cons

There aren't a lot of career advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Fix IT.

6. "Overall a great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Staff in Westford, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer, Staff in Westford, MA

Pros

Stable environment, proficient stuff, nice compensation

Cons

Juniper is huge, things are moving slowly

Advice to Management

N/A

7. "Great Technology company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Great work environment. Great products.

Cons

A little chaotic. Great while the company is makings $s.

Advice to Management

Do more M&A

8. "Team focused work environment."

Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Environment offers growth opportunities. The marketing and product teams had great input on company and product direction. My management team was very open to mentoring junior staff to be promoted.

Cons

The company moves at a slow pace at time and at times waits too long for the market instead of taking initiative and trying to be innovative product wise. Integration wise, a better job can also be done to integrate the recent product acquisitions. The product portfolio is comparable to our main rival yet we lack in full integration.

Advice to Management

Adopt a more agile and market leader stance. Our main competitor is famous for taking and defining new technology market spaces. To overtake out competition I feel Juniper needs to take a more aggressive stance at adopting new technologies.

9. "Best place I've worked in 17 years!"

Current Employee - Field Marketing in Westford, MA
    Current Employee - Field Marketing in Westford, MA

Pros

The people and enviroment because they actually care about both

Cons

None found at this time

Advice to Management

don't get over confident

10. "Good company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Herndon, VA

Pros

Company focus on technical excellence; Company focus on satisfying customers; Cooperating business units

Cons

Byzantine support process which prevents customer satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Continue our focus on being the best not the most or the cheapest

Showing 51 of 1,772 reviews