Cover image for Juniper Networks

Juniper Networks CEO Rami Rahim
Rami Rahim
1,573 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Juniper places a high emphasis on its employee satisfaction and allows the individual to maintain a good work/life balance.(in 306 reviews)
  • "One thing I heard time and time again while at Juniper is that the people are great.(in 252 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and a lovely place.(in 209 reviews)
  • "They believe that a good culture is one that values both you at work and your time away from work.(in 162 reviews)
  • "Good pay and some dedicated engineering folks(in 139 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Juniper Networks and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Dec 4, 2022 - Captain
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling Great pay Good team environment

Cons

Management needs some help Weekends required

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic work-life balance. Elevated my career by leaps and bounds.

Oct 3, 2022 - Senior Marketing Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Work-life balance is better than advertised. I probably take more PTO than most, but it leaves me feeling very recharged. • Worked on some career-changing projects with plenty more on the horizon. • Incredible company culture. These aren't just my colleagues, they're my friends. We support one and other. • A for-real flat corporate structure. Feel like I could email my boss's boss to ask about his coffee preferences. • Feeling good long-term. I'm a self-admitted job-hopper. But I see myself being here into the future.

Cons

• Very, very old-school approach to promotions and raises. Feels challenging, even for those who know how to advocate for ones's self and can show immediate business impact. • Some amateurism in marketing disciplines. Feel very much like I'm reviewing the basics with people who should be experts. Much of the work here is education on best practices.

3. Join the Juniper Networks team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hallmarks of competent leaders

Oct 7, 2022 - Sr Product Marketing Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for many companies, big and small, throughout my long career. Juniper is the best company that I really enjoy working for. The management, top down, are truly believing and embracing the company culture and philosophy, Be Bold, Build Trust, Deliver Excellence. This company really cares about its employees. My leadership team has shown me many hallmarks of competent leaders - recognition, appreciation, supporting tools/guidance, constructive feedback, instilling confidence, etc. These are the characteristics of a successful company. The culture fosters strong collaboration and innovations. Success and growth will naturally come if it has yet already.

Cons

Too much collaboration, getting everyone aligned may slow down the progress. This is a delicate balance that the leadership team and rank & file have to adjust along the way depending on the team functions, geo, products, projects, etc. No one formula can fit all.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

A hidden gem in Silicon Valley

Oct 7, 2022 - Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Great people & flat hierarchy: I really feel we have amazing professionals that are open, gracious, and willing to collaborate. Executives are approachable and seem to care about their teams. • Strong work-life balance & remote working culture: There's great models on my team of prioritizing work-life balance and remote workers are treated well. There's also plenty of great people working on culture events, ERGs, and more. • Emphasis on career development: I am given opportunities to stretch and really get hands-on in projects that impact the business overall with great visibility across the org. • Impact on our world around us: while networking isn't really thought of, it is nice to hear about how we empower organizations and people to do great things. The world is only going to need MORE networking.

Cons

• A more vain thing: doesn't have the name recognition of other Silicon Valley or FAANG players

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Stint at Juniper

Dec 6, 2022 - Senior SQA Engineer in Westford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and engineers. solid front line managers.

Cons

lots of hours, obvious disconnect between upper mgmt levels and delivery engineers.

7. 5.0

Juniper is the Best Company I've Worked for

Oct 3, 2022 - Marketing Operations in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of my priorities in looking for a company is that company's willingness to innovate and be data driven to understand itself. I also wanted to freedom to identify and push through improvements which would impact the business. Sometimes, in an operations function, the business can look at you as button pushers, but those aren't the type of businesses you to work for. Juniper Networks has given me the ability to propose improvements, the resources to make those ideas happen and the voice to push back against nonsense.

Cons

As a global company, I'm constantly on calls with stakeholders around the world. I work many more hours than I've done in previous roles, but I embrace this as I love where the company is going.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture & Flexibility

Oct 3, 2022 - Director, Employee Communications in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Juniper is a great company to work for, with a supportive culture that allows employees to explore their career paths and development. I've never worked for a company that invested in its employees more with multiple opportunities to learn, develop and grow. And not just at the highest level! There's also a great deal of flexibility regarding in-office vs. remote working. There is no mandate to come into the office; it's just encouraged, which helps me decide how and when to be productive and maintain a good work/life balance.

Cons

It's not the largest tech company out there, which means there's a desire for more resources and higher pay. However, more resources and size usually come with bureaucracy which makes everything a bit worse.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Work-Life balance

Nov 25, 2022 - Senior Network Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Work-life balance can get out of balance

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Please Run AWAY

Nov 4, 2022 - Demand Generation Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Company will lie to you about your job and anything to do with your role. If you happen to work with anyone on the demand side, you will be hating your life after 2 months. For example, Juniper sent on an internal email to encourage employees to rate themselves a five star on Glassdoor for being a great company, and a few months later sent out an email claiming to be a best place to work at.

Cons

Low pay, low company morale, political nightmare. Marketing leaders are very much useless in taking feedback and will never make any changes. If your boss is Anyone from paid media or Global Demand run for the hills. I highly recommend any other company, after leaving that nightmare, i realized how much of a toxic environment that company is. The alarming rate of 5 star reviews should be a giveaway.

2 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that genuinely cares.

Oct 25, 2022 - Junior Graphic Designer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Juniper has a great company culture, collaborative teams, supportive leadership, and opportunities to grow and learn. In addition, the hybrid work schedule is excellent. Currently, only Tuesdays and Thursdays are our in-office days. We are given credit for a food service delivery on Tuesday, and our cafeteria is free on Thursday. We also have a barista on-site that makes coffee drinks and fresh fruit, and pastries for us.

Cons

Commuting options (for non-drivers) could be improve.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,496 Reviews
</>Embed

Juniper Networks Reviews FAQs

Juniper Networks has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 3,874 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Juniper Networks to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Juniper Networks employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Juniper Networks. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

89% of Juniper Networks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Juniper Networks 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Juniper Networks to be benefits, culture, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Juniper Networks Job Seekers