Juno Therapeutics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Summary review"

Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Postdoctoral Research Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transformative, innovative, ground breaking, science. Amazing people, benefits, location.

Cons

I cant think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job

"JuMP: It's pretty good."

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good culture, and good coworkers. This is very obviously department-dependent though. The influx of new employees and management I think is helping things, and from what I can tell, the new management are very open to suggestions and feedback.
    - Great benefits. The insurance and time off policies are really good, and so are the other benefits. There is always free food and drinks (soda, coffee, espresso machine, etc), fun things like free lunches, and events outside of work.

Cons

There is a major discrepancy between the downtown, corporate/research location, and the Bothell manufacturing location. The downtown location has way more amenities and events (a gym, restaurants, social clubs, etc), and while JuMP TECHNICALLY has access to these, it's unrealistic for us to go. But we get nonstop emails from downtown reminding us of all the things we can't have. This includes townhall meetings with management and open offices with relevant people during changes or updates. It's easy to get bitter about this, even with all of the perks that are still available to us in Bothell.

Advice to Management

JuMP management: Keep listening, and keep responding to our feedback. I think things are turning around, and it's important to keep on this trend.
    Downtown management: Remember your manufacturing plant exists.

"Plenty of overtime opportunities"

I worked at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

1. Plenty of overtime opportunities
    2. Free snacks

Cons

1. Difficult to take time off

2. You only get eight hours of holiday pay so if you manage to get the holidays off you would have to put in an extra two+ hours of PTO

3. Focused only on the development of the company not on the development of the employees

4. HQ has more amenities and benefits (i.e summer hours, gym, actual office space, classes)

5. Usually hires external candidates instead of promoting internally

Advice to Management

Free food isn’t going to keep us happy. Slow down and check in on your employees

"M&A Blues"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

The mission and the science are the driving force. Unclear how these will survive a VERY clumsy acquisition and full integration by Celgene

Cons

Celgene has thrown out some extraordinary talent in upper management, losing people with cutting edge expertise for no conceivable reason other than the arrogance that they can run things better. Yet Celgene has no real R/D track record. The new leadership pales in comparison to the folks they let go. Does not bode well for being competitive in this increasingly fast paced field.

Advice to Management

Probably too late-

"Don't work here"

Current Employee - QC Associate in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - QC Associate in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Some of my coworkers are amazing and really hard working

Cons

-General lack of respect or appreciation from management for workers
    -Shifts are completely unnecessary and will greatly diminish your quality of life
    -Ever since shifts started, interview standards have fallen dramatically, resulting in some of the worst people I've ever had to work with in my career. They used to care about not only hiring qualified people but people that fit in with the group. That is no longer the case.
    -General morale is extremely low, with many people wanting to leave.
    -Can give input on things, but management completely disregards employee's opinions.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and improve hiring standards. Although at this point things have gotten so bad not sure the morale could ever improve.

6. "Overall Good Place"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, awesome coworkers, great benefits, good pay, lots of room for growth & development

Cons

Not ergonomic friendly, growing pains from being a start up company, stressful

Advice to Management

Better communication between all levels of employees

"Scientist"

Current Employee - Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Juno attracts people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work that needs to be done. The work is challenging but people are mission-driven and dedicated to the patients we are trying to cure. The science is cutting-edge - Juno has a lot of know-how paired with top-notch analytical instruments and expertise. No a**hole policy is great for keeping people happy. The parental leave policy (18 weeks) is very progressive for the industry. Our new building is beautiful, has a great view of the Space Needle and Lake Union, and has a top-notch on-site gym (with free bootcamp classes!). Great culture, challenging work, and wonderful benefits!

Cons

It is very difficult to work at Juno if you're the kind of person who needs a lot of structure and someone telling you what to do. As Juno has grown, cultural fit has sometimes been overlooked in order to onboard people quickly. Cross-departmental communication needs improvement. The decision-making process isn't quite as fast as it needs to be at the speed we're going.

Advice to Management

Make sure the right people are hired for the right position. Disseminate key decisions to the people who need to know them. Improve cross-departmental communication.

"Exciting startup with young company problems"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly challenging work in a fast paced environment where everyone goes the extra mile. The talent here is top notch and everyone strives towards our goal of curing cancer. Our new HQ is incredible and there are many employee amenities. There are many fun employee events.

Cons

We constantly speak of the importance of personal development but don't always allow for this to be prioritized in practice. We also have inconsistent hiring practices and a lack of clear career ladder leveling. Nepotism is a constant and salaries are inconsistent. This is not the place to be if you're entry level and desire structured training or unambiguous career advancement.

Advice to Management

Make pay scales and a career leveling plan consistent and transparent.

"Great work culture but high discrepancies in hiring"

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have great work culture. Every body is very inclined towards one goal- cure cancer! I love the work and I love the people here.

Cons

You could pay better based on one's qualifications and experience. I am currently underpaid based on glassdoor.

Advice to Management

I did not like that they have discrepancy in hiring and how their HR is unreceptive to negotiating! I have seen people with lesser educational qualifications being hired at higher positions than people with more educational qualifications and experience being hired at lower positions. it's frustrating to work with this thought in mind and these things should be consistent and transparent.

Juno Therapeutics Response

Mar 1, 2018 – People Team

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive to pay competitively and equitably and welcome you to reach out to a member of the People Team to continue this conversation.

10. "Great Company to feel impactful"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Competent and knowledgeable colleagues
    - Awesome culture
    - You feel so satisfied and humble at the same time to know that you are helping people in need.

Cons

- Can get a little challenging and overwhelming when you don't have proper direction from your manager. It is indeed fact paced, you either love it or hate it.