Juno Therapeutics Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great science, inspiring place to be.

Cons

Sometimes overwhelming, but it is expected at our stage of development. Each person needs to mansge it so it works for them.

Advice to Management

Execute! And get rid of the fat.

"Amazing mission, passionate people, opportunity and challenge"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passion for the mission, opportunity to be part of building for the future and have a big impact, challenging but rewarding. I've been at Juno over a year now and I love it. Lots of smart, passionate people working toward an inspiring mission. Has grown fast so still building the infastructure to mature and scale, which I really enjoy being part of. Learning everday, trying to solve tough problems which I find really inspiring.

Cons

With big opportunity also comes challenge. As you would expect the fast growth coupled with pioneering work has led to some growing pains. Feels like Juno is learning a lot and taking the right steps to position the company for success long term.

"growing company"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Growing company with exciting science. Very dynamic, challenging work. Opportunity to have a meaningful impact on transformational therapies in cancer.

Cons

Very fast paced. Still working on good process.

"Fantastic science and work place plagued by office politics"

Current Employee - Scientist
    Current Employee - Scientist

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting science and technology, many great people work here. Nice office space

Cons

A wonderful work place plagued by rapid expansion. Doors were opened and people were brought in out of convinience rather than going after the real talent and expertise which the company needed. Office politics soon replaced expertise and competence. Promotion by brown nosing replaced hard work. Decision are made behind close doors by the very people who have little to no experience on the related science or technology. If you speak up or raise concern about how things are done you will be shone from important meetings and decision making.

Advice to Management

I hope you will finally have an open mind to see what has plagued this company before it's too late.

Juno Therapeutics Response

Apr 12, 2017 – People Team

Thank you for your feedback. Efforts are currently underway to ensure that our best scientific minds are involved in key programs and decisions. Since you are a current employee, please reach out to... More

"Incredible environment - challenging work with really smart people"

Current Employee - Senior Quality Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Juno is by far the best job I've ever had. I'm learning tons - both technical and people skills.

Cons

It is a startup, lack of formal structures - but that is one of the things I love.

Advice to Management

None - our EC is amzing, smartest people in the industry, incredible leaders

"Challenging but worth it"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast pace, impactful, innovative, fun

Cons

lots of change,communication needs improvement

Advice to Management

Set realistic goals and help everyone see how they play a role in achieving those goals on a day to day.

"Great experience but unfortunate growth trajectory"

I worked at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

The science
    The experience
    The people

Cons

Politics problems causing crippling communication and teamwork. Too small of a hiring pool.
    The hiring pace was far to fast causing massive growing pains.
    Some managers absolutely do not belong in their role which causes cross departmental problems.

Advice to Management

Hire and promote based on experience and expertise rather than letting people hire their old coworkers from other Seattle biotechs with little to no experience in their new role. It is hurting the company.

"Good Place"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

+Great work life balance
    +Excellent culture

Cons

-Communication throughout company
    -Needs a bit more focus

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics (More than 3 years)

Pros

First, I will say that this place is not for everyone. If you like challenges, like to build and work with super bright people who are expected to speak up when they disagree or when they want to challenge a viewpoint or a decision, this is the place for you. The work ethic is supported by the way the company treats employees. Utmost respect, supportive benefits, transparent communication and a leadership team that has a 'we give a sh**' mentality to everything they do. There is a consistent focus on two things: finding cures for patients + making consistent improvements given that the company is about 3 years old. There is no BS here. I'm glad I moved here from Boston to experience this type of startup. It's really amazing.

Cons

As I mentioned, folks from more established companies who feel more comfortable in turn key environments will not do well here. Also, the highs and lows of being at a company that is on the forefront of discovering cures for cancer can either be exhilarating or exhausting. People are intensely passionate about the cure and the work that's being done. For those reasons, when something goes wrong, it is sometimes hard to bare, but personally, I'd rather be part of this journey with the potential of curing millions of people with cancer around the world than anywhere else. It's a personal choice I choose to make.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees so that we can continue to deliver on our mission to find cures. Continue to stay focused on our patients and, most importantly, on the long game.

"Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics (Less than a year)

Pros

Great: people, mission, benefit package.

Cons

Growing to fast, controlling managers, lacks infrastructure, no oversight on managers and how they treat their employees.

Juno Therapeutics Response

Dec 13, 2016 – People Team

Thank you for your feedback. Since you are a current employee, please reach out to anyone on the People Team to discuss what you are experiencing. Your frustrations can likely be more directly... More