Juno Therapeutics Reviews | Glassdoor

"Scientist"

Current Employee - Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Juno attracts people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work that needs to be done. The work is challenging but people are mission-driven and dedicated to the patients we are trying to cure. The science is cutting-edge - Juno has a lot of know-how paired with top-notch analytical instruments and expertise. No a**hole policy is great for keeping people happy. The parental leave policy (18 weeks) is very progressive for the industry. Our new building is beautiful, has a great view of the Space Needle and Lake Union, and has a top-notch on-site gym (with free bootcamp classes!). Great culture, challenging work, and wonderful benefits!

Cons

It is very difficult to work at Juno if you're the kind of person who needs a lot of structure and someone telling you what to do. As Juno has grown, cultural fit has sometimes been overlooked in order to onboard people quickly. Cross-departmental communication needs improvement. The decision-making process isn't quite as fast as it needs to be at the speed we're going.

Advice to Management

Make sure the right people are hired for the right position. Disseminate key decisions to the people who need to know them. Improve cross-departmental communication.

2. "Overall Good Place"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, awesome coworkers, great benefits, good pay, lots of room for growth & development

Cons

Not ergonomic friendly, growing pains from being a start up company, stressful

Advice to Management

Better communication between all levels of employees

3. "Great Company to feel impactful"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Competent and knowledgeable colleagues
    - Awesome culture
    - You feel so satisfied and humble at the same time to know that you are helping people in need.

Cons

- Can get a little challenging and overwhelming when you don't have proper direction from your manager. It is indeed fact paced, you either love it or hate it.

4. "Be aware what are you signing for."

Pros

Working in shifts can give you 4 days or 3 days off in week.

Cons

Young company. Unstable. Does lot of micromanaging. Not at all supportive. Sometimes hard to work in such kind of environment. Difficult to sustain. Work culture not so good. Kind of repetitive. No appreciation of work. Some of the coworkers are engaged in gossips.

5. "Great company with great mission"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Culture: collaborative, autonomous, fun, community driven
    -Work: challenging, exciting, sometimes ambiguous (Ok, a lot of ambiguity)
    -Leadership: Easy to follow by example, approachable, smart, mission focused.

I haven't worked in bio-pharma before so there is a lot to learn re: the science and nuances of this industry. The mission here is easy to get behind and it is a great motivator when days are rough (and those days happen).

Cons

Might be a challenging work environment for entry-level or people that like a lot of structure. Most roles require a fair amount of experience and you're thrown into the mix on day 2. (Orientation is Day 1.) Managers seem available to answer questions but you're expected to bring some drive and problem solving to the table right away. <---not really a con, but might cause some stress/anxiety for some.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the patient. Do what you can to help us hang on to the best parts of our culture as we grow and evolve.

"Exciting startup with young company problems"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly challenging work in a fast paced environment where everyone goes the extra mile. The talent here is top notch and everyone strives towards our goal of curing cancer. Our new HQ is incredible and there are many employee amenities. There are many fun employee events.

Cons

We constantly speak of the importance of personal development but don't always allow for this to be prioritized in practice. We also have inconsistent hiring practices and a lack of clear career ladder leveling. Nepotism is a constant and salaries are inconsistent. This is not the place to be if you're entry level and desire structured training or unambiguous career advancement.

Advice to Management

Make pay scales and a career leveling plan consistent and transparent.

"Great work culture but high discrepancies in hiring"

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have great work culture. Every body is very inclined towards one goal- cure cancer! I love the work and I love the people here.

Cons

You could pay better based on one's qualifications and experience. I am currently underpaid based on glassdoor.

Advice to Management

I did not like that they have discrepancy in hiring and how their HR is unreceptive to negotiating! I have seen people with lesser educational qualifications being hired at higher positions than people with more educational qualifications and experience being hired at lower positions. it's frustrating to work with this thought in mind and these things should be consistent and transparent.

Juno Therapeutics Response

Mar 1, 2018 – People Team

Thank you for your review and feedback. We strive to pay competitively and equitably and welcome you to reach out to a member of the People Team to continue this conversation.

8. "Comrades in arms in our fight against cancer"

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We're a group committed to fighting cancer. Juno is focused on hiring intelligent, mission-focused individuals to join our team to fight against cancer; we are achieving and sustaining that goal. I work with an amazing team.

Cons

We are a rapidly growing company in a competitive and constantly changing environment. Sometimes our marching orders can be unclear. Work has begun to better define and align our governance system.

"Interview"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time

Pros

The culture and people are really amazing. It's unlike anything that I've been apart of before. These people truly are driven about fighting and winning against cancer. They're passion and zeal is contagious to everyone working there.

Everyone from the interview team was genuine and friendly. It made the interview go a lot smoother than I thought it would.

Cons

I wish that I had worked here sooner.

10. "Juno is Phenomenal."

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate II
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate II

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training program at JuMP, which is the manufacturing plant in Bothell, is world class. They are hiring like crazy and trying their best to convert FTE when they can. Everyone has a mission to fight cancer with the best intentions driving them. There is a no "a**hole" policy and it makes Juno even better!

Cons

Sometimes communication can be rough between the teams and management.