Juno Therapeutics Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Juno is Phenomenal."

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate II
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate II

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The training program at JuMP, which is the manufacturing plant in Bothell, is world class. They are hiring like crazy and trying their best to convert FTE when they can. Everyone has a mission to fight cancer with the best intentions driving them. There is a no "a**hole" policy and it makes Juno even better!

Cons

Sometimes communication can be rough between the teams and management.

2. "People Team Interview"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The research they are doing to cure cancer is all anyone should need to see to want to work here! The benefit package is one of the best I’ve seen!

Cons

Currently none.... I am just starting. I see they are growing as a rapid pace and will find that interesting on how they deal with it.

Advice to Management

Remember who and what your mission is!

"Great caring company. Wish I could've stayed"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

cutting edge science and hyper bright talented colleagues. Had to move back to the mid west for family reasons, but miss the awesome work and innovative thinking. Company was so supportive to me when I was going through a rough time.

Cons

This was my first experience at a small company. I complained a lot about the lack of process but now that I am in at another company, I actually think Juno had it right and was way ahead.

Advice to Management

Sometimes I guess you don't know how good it is until you leave. Keep the high standards you have about hiring new people and never settle. I will be watching from a far the great success of the company. Keep rewarding the employees for all their hard work. I have heard from friends at the company that there have been some new leaders who have joined. That is a good thing.

4. "Great company.. good values and culture... positive people arouns"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits.. competitive compensation.. looks like good place to grow

Cons

A little disorganized with training. I guess I have high expectations, thinking everything is all organized

"Excellent culture and mission - fast paced but every day is a good day!"

Current Employee - Clinical in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Clinical in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Juno for about 1.5 years now and I've not come across a single negative or toxic personality. Juno has a very stringent no *sshole policy and this makes for a wonderful team and experience!

The new building on South Lake Union is very nice and the views from the 12th floor deck are amazing!

I'm inspired daily by the dedication and collaboration that surrounds me. It really empowers me to be the best I can be and I hope to remain at Juno for as long as they'll have me! We truly believe in the work we do and the potential it holds for patients and their loved ones!

Cons

The new headquarters is located a little north of downtown necessitating a slightly longer commute for some folks. But to be honest, I'm talking about minutes. While the coffee/food situation is lacking, once the nearby buildings are finished there will surely be some options in their retail space! The walk to Westlake Ave is really not bad and it's packed with options!

6. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people, interesting work, great benefits

Cons

Tons of work (which is both good and bad)

"Juno Employees are lucky"

Current Employee - Quality Control Associate in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Control Associate in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture, hands down. My manager has an open door policy and encourages questions, no matter how simple or complex they are. I have the opportunity to work with some of the most intelligent people I have ever met and we all have the same desire to cure cancer. The facility I work at is beautiful and tucked away in Bothell so parking is never an issue.

Cons

It's a relatively new company, if that can be considered a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Juno is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Juno has great energy and great people. Everyone is working towards an amazing goal of curing cancer which brings people together.

Cons

Occasionally there can be long hours but I wouldn't say it's the norm.

"Juno Review"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Juno works very hard at making their culture fun for everyone. They host numerous morale-boosting events, give employees generous perks, and everyone involved with the company has a friendly demeanor. Juno also has a "roll your sleeves up and get to it" approach to the work we do, which results in a group of dedicated employees who are willing to dig into most tasks.

Cons

There is a palpable divide between administrative employees and the employees in charge of the scientific/commercial tasks. Though this is changing, admins sometimes feel undervalued. Also, although Juno works very hard to promote equality in the company, it is a fact that the majority of the people who hold powerful positions are white cis-gendered men. Not uncommon in the biotech world, but definitely a reality. Lastly, due to the nature of the work, there is a limited capacity for growth into new positions from an admin role.

10. "Juno Therapeutics - Research Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Juno Therapeutics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is both mission-oriented and employee-oriented. We care about our mission to cure cancer. We care about our patients. We also care about our employees. Juno provides wonderful career opportunities for it's people. Employees are encouraged to stretch their abilities and take an active role in their career growth. Benefits are good, compensation is good and work/life balance is good.

Cons

Juno has grown quickly and this involves a lot of change. It can be hard to keep up with a changing environment. If you want to work for Juno you must be flexible to changes and new ideas. Some new ideas succeed and some fail, you must be ok with that.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employee concerns, address questions quickly and keep communication open. We're doing alright, but there are always things to improve!