Just Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Just Education Reviews

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Tutor"

I worked at Just Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview to get through
    Friendly staff

Cons

Long working hours,
    Short lunch break, packed lunch

Advice to Management

Good starting ground for new tutors to gain experience

2. "Average pay. Little increment"

I have been working at Just Education full-time

Pros

The colleagues are really why most people are staying in this company. Nice working environment as in the people are nice, but not the office itself.

Cons

Little increment. Employees are not treated fairly. Pay is too little considering how much they are squeezing out of their staff.

3. "A terrible employer"

Former Employee - Customer Service Officer
    Former Employee - Customer Service Officer

I worked at Just Education part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary was okay. Tutors were quite nice.

Cons

Was with them for more than a year. Helped out a lot when they were extremely short-handed. Out of goodwill, I even accepted 2-hour slots because they needed manpower (just imagine how LITTLE I could earn from that - not even worth the traveling).

Yet when they eventually found a full timer for the branch, and some new part timers, they stopped scheduling me for work and did not even contact me for my availability anymore.

What a cold and unfeeling company.

Also, some of the branches have the worst working environment - very very rundown.

Advice to Management

Have a heart. Stop being so realistic and treating employees like some dispensable trash.

4. "Good for interns"

I worked at Just Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, helpful colleagues. Good work life balance because of flexible off days and working hours. Highly recommend for everyone.

Cons

Long working hours. Need to be able to work in noisy environment. Low salary. Short handed sometimes will be very busy

Advice to Management

NA

5. "good part-time"

Pros

Pay and job scope is good for part-time work

Cons

Not much for part-time, except maybe a need for regular commitment every week

6. "Good environment, poor system"

I worked at Just Education full-time

Pros

Good environment and friendly colleague to work with.
    Company always organize events for personal training, Company culture, Christmas, Team building, D&D, oversea training and other events like Bowling club, reading club, movie club

Cons

Poor system to work in, sometimes a job need to double work and it's caused inefficiency in the system.
    Pay is quite low too.

Advice to Management

Need to improve the system to run smooth in the flow.

7. "Monotonous"

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly working environment and rather relaxing job

Cons

Need to work on weekends and may get abit stressful during busy periods

8. "Interesting, with opportunities to learn more about teaching"

Former Employee - Education/Operations Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Education/Operations Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Just Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a variation in work scope, which includes admin work, relief teaching, setting of worksheets, carrying out of enrichment lessons, although the majority is admin work.
    Many branches, convenient.

Cons

The working hours are not the typical office work hours. I had to work from 1pm to 9pm on Thursday and Fridays, so not much time to go out with friends.

9. "Stingy management"

Former Employee - Programmer Executive
    Former Employee - Programmer Executive

I worked at Just Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working colleagues. A big family working together. Many different branches, convenient to those who dont stay near HQ. (perhaps, the only Pros are colleagues)

Cons

Stingy management. The yearly increment they give is pathetic, makes employees feel the work they input are not worthwhile. keep thinking of cutting cost at the expense of staff. Slash staff's benefit and commision. Benefits are NOT fantastic. Staff from operation dept have to absorb and pay using their own money if the centre's books stock do not tally. Management do not care if its theft or lost, again, at the expense of staff for its own benefit. Good in brain-washing. If implement any new 'law', they are very good in talking employees into following them. no chance of 'talking back' or voicing out as verdict is made by CEO.

It is vividly clear that staffs that are close to CEO promotes faster up their designation than staffs who work in individual branch where contribution has often neglected.

No OT claim, but can claim hours but cant claim 1 full day. Works from 1-10pm weekdays and both weekends.

Many full timers have left. They are not threaten. Good luck if you get employed and get suck out every ounce of work blood in you.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves in your staff's shoe. Although behind every boss and management's mind is profit and management, take care of your biggest assets first. Your staff. You are at where you are now at the expense of your staff's contribution..

10. "Fun, friendly and a very interactive and varied work experience"

I worked at Just Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given a few responsibilities for my role. Your work will never be boring. I was given the opportunity to interact with kids through enrichment classes and doing relief teaching even though my main role is to prepare curriculum materials.

Cons

Insufficient office space. Many employees have to cram in a small space. More work-life balance should be promoted

Advice to Management

Give employee proper space to work as they expand rapidly. The welfare of back office staff should be considered.