Just Energy Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Just Energy Customer Service Representative Reviews

Updated Nov 8, 2019

1.7
Just Energy President and CEO Patrick McCullough (no image)
Patrick McCullough
0 Rating
  1. "Just Energy"

Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy for more than a year

Pros

Really a great place to work.

Cons

Not much to complain about.

Just Energy2015-12-10
  2. "Ok"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Just Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay ok for work done

Cons

Manag needs more grooming time

Just Energy2019-11-08

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY"

Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy for less than a year

Pros

NONE!!!! Besides the free lunch from time to time.

Cons

OVERWORKED AND UNDERPAID!!! Management doesn't care about your success at the company they're just collecting a paycheck!

Just Energy2016-06-17
  4. "csr"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I worked at Just Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

ok pay , good hours

Cons

management , supervisors are horrible, fire great workers.

Just Energy2016-06-16

"Confused"

Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

Ok Pay/Great co-workers/Great Schedules/ Good training/Good information to know in general

Cons

Management is very Unprofessional/Customers calling to cancel because someone lied to them about the services

Advice to Management

When you interview people and you choose not to hire that person, please send a email letting that person know you're not going any further in the hiring process.

Just Energy2015-12-11

"Retention Representative"

Customer Service Representative in Bingham Farms, MI

I have been working at Just Energy for less than a year

Pros

Great Benefits/ Paid time off

Cons

Extremely stressful. Customer reps must constantly clean up the lies told by the independent contractors. Managers are not very helpful. There is no room for advancement unless you are from Canada.

Just Energy2015-06-14

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Just Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers, above minimum wage pay, unlimited O/T if you need it, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401 k plan.

Cons

Everything else. This place is run in such a baffling manner, every day I felt like I was in the twilight zone. Managers do now know what the heck is going on half the time...when you ask a question, you will more than likely get five different answers to the same question. It sucks the way this company rips off customers, charging two, three, sometimes FOUR times the price they would pay if they would just stick with the utility company. You have to ask permission to go to the bathroom. I mean, REALLY?They do not promote people that deserve to be promoted, instead they promote who they like. They only provide three sick days for the entire year. I mean, I get it, they can't give unlimited sick days but goodness forbid an employee has a child/ren. 3 sick days is really nothing. There is no grace period to clock in. Company offers crappy product, and crappy retention rates. Overcharge customers just to turn around and offer them a lower rate that is still not that great. The managers run around yelling about how many calls are holding, as if you can do anything about it. I could go on and on and on forever, if you need a job take it, but don't stay. Move on as soon as a better opportunity comes along. I'm glad I did.

Advice to Management

Give more sick days, and promote people who deserve to be promoted or you will continue to lose good employees who actually help increase your company's value. Oh and we are ADULTS, please stop requiring us to ask to use the restroom. it's ridiculous!

Just Energy2015-04-24
  8. "i miss it"

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Just Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice ppl, good pay. easy job

Cons

can be stressful if you let the customers get to you; hours arent the greatest

Just Energy2014-08-19

"C"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Just Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Atmosphere employee's are helpful.

Cons

They show favoritism and do not give everyone the same opportunity

Advice to Management

Should give everyone the same opportunity, do not lie to your employee's Nadene Cowley

Just Energy2013-10-31

"Customer Service Representative Review"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Just Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The actual CEO's do pop in from time to time so it's nice to see them interacting and not always stuck in an office. Based on your performance is how you select your shifts every 3 months. Benefits are okay. Most people say they're really good benefits here but I've had better. They give out free food from time to time. Higher up manager is very friendly and approachable.

Cons

Training is a joke. It's extremely disorganized and specific trainers relay false info. Teachers talk down to you and continuously say "stop overthinking it". Sorry but I can't stop overthinking the situation when you have multiple grammar errors on your 100 page powerpoints, the math on your examples is incorrect, and you're telling me to skip specific paragraphs on the scripts and in the process aids. The teachers also fail to understand that no one learns by sitting at a desk and reading over 100 page powerpoint slides. Yet they yell at us for falling asleep. If your phone accidentally rings in class, you get yelled at, however it's totally cool for the teachers phones to ring and for them to be texting during training. If you're 1 minute late you get in trouble but teachers can show up 30 minutes late. The company basically plays favouritism and unless you're friends with management, expect to be spoken to and written up for every little thing. There is absolutely no flexibility. Management expects you to be a perfect robot and doesn't understand that LIFE HAPPENS. No one seems to help you when you're left on your own on the floor. If you ask for help, they'll ask you "where did you look for that information", so expect to be doing a lot of searching on your own. Sometimes you may not even find help on the floor because no one is there. Management will frequently come in to training to preach on how easy it is to move up and grow with the company. I thought it was great to be able to grow so quickly with a company. However, THIS IS FALSE. I REPEAT - DO NOT BELIEVE. You need to be with the company for 10+ years to expect to be put in a management position. They also play favourites so unless you're being buddy-buddy, don't expect a new job offer. The turn around rate at Just Energy is very low. They do hiring classes every month because majority of people stay for the 5 weeks of training and leave once they get a better job offer. Once training is over the calls come in based on seniority. If you're new, they'll swamp you with 100 calls a day and if you've been with the company for 3+ months, you won't get any calls. Very unfair for the newbies. They try to eliminate and fire the weak ones and usually with a class of 15, you might see 3 students stay. Thus, them having to have hiring classes every month.

Advice to Management

Buy some new computer chairs. Majority of the chairs on the floor look like the arm rests were eaten by a very hungry person. Training needs to be interactive. No one learns from sitting at a desk and reading powerpoint slides. We should be following along on CRM/ Sigma while the teachers are doing it, not watching their screens and straining our eyes.

Just Energy2017-08-02