Just Energy Independent Contractor Reviews | Glassdoor

Just Energy Independent Contractor Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.6
Just Energy President and CEO Patrick McCullough (no image)
Patrick McCullough
0 Rating

"Cool laid back job"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Just Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work on your on time Base pay /hr wage Blow alot of bag Chill Stay to your self Weekends off

Cons

Extreme weather Extra walking Lack of training Payroll gets messed up occasionally Alot of naaty disrespectful customers

Advice to Management

Need management, office is a wreck as of latly

Just Energy2017-04-01
  2. "Independent Contract"

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor in McAllen, TX

I worked at Just Energy for more than a year

Pros

Commission is great if your willing to work hard and educate yourself on what your are selling! This company taught me not to be afraid of who I can become! Loved the job just wasn't for me.

Cons

A lot of hours go into this job..good for people who don't have families and have time for themselves. There were a lot of younger people who weren't fully committed and wanted to party a lot which in my opinion distracted the teams and their outlook on the job.

Advice to Management

Loved my regional manager!

Just Energy2015-11-11
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Not the best place to work for students"

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor

I worked at Just Energy for less than a year

Pros

To be honest I don't think there is any pro to this job

Cons

This job make you work every day from Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm and you don't get pay until you sign someone up. Not only that there is no guarantee that you will get paid for the person you sign up.

Advice to Management

Please try to pay employee at least $6 or $7 dollars an hour that way they are not spending their entire day walking on the street nocking on door to door for free and not getting paid for their hard work.

Just Energy2015-11-02
  5. "Driver / Delivery"

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Yonkers, NY

I worked at Just Energy for less than a year

Pros

If you can sell you can make a lot of money.

Cons

A lot of walking and dealing with all kind of people.

Just Energy2015-09-24

"Busted, disgusted, and can't be trusted Worked there for 3yrs"

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor in South Bend, IN

I worked at Just Energy for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay if you can sell Mr. Allen was the most fun to work for the other 2 regionals sucked that I worked for.

Cons

No benefits ,long hours Management tells you to never accept no for an answer even if you have to lie to get the yes 30yrs of door to door experience was one of top sellers in office never was considered for promotion wasn't part of management or executives buddies even though I was asked to train new hires no compensation for it . They tell you are an independent contractor nothing independent about it you go where they tell you &when they tell you. Can't plan call backs that way. After working 13 days straight decided to work half day on a Saturday on Monday was fired for not working full day even though was top 3 in office for week. The lying to customers and employees is reason why people don't trust door knockers. New hires beware in America all communities require permits to sell door to door no exceptions very few towns are free to work but there are some but even in those towns they require you to either check in with the police department or city hall. If you don't you can be ticketed or even jailed.

Advice to Management

Fire management that encourage sales at any cost this is how you get employees to lie to customers. promote people whom have good ethics for when you promote people with no ethics they teach this to others. Mr. Pritchard talk to all your ic'snot just top people for the week prior to your arrival look at peoples past numbers you may see that they might just be in a slump don't threaten firing them if numbers don't increase before you go back home remember negatives don't create positives. I still love going door to door please don't ruin it for the rest of us whom do the right thing it's already hard enough

Just Energy2015-10-11

"Manipulative and Harassing"

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Just Energy for less than a year

Pros

Pay can seem worth selling your soul.

Cons

Terrible company to get involved with. 8 hrs/day in the field Mon-Sat, but dedicating 12+ a day to work, no holidays, no benefits, no life. Train you to deceive, harass, make up random bs to people who already hate JE for good reason. Harass you if you want to quit, very money-oriented. Doing more harm than good.

Just Energy2015-06-29
  8. "It was okay, people were nice, management was cool. But as for hours and pay nope. Not at all"

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor in Southfield, MI

I worked at Just Energy

Pros

The management, donuts on Saturdays and co-workers.

Cons

Commission based only no hourly pay 12hr of time wasted.

Advice to Management

Do hourly instead of commission based and you wouldn't have to rehire every two weeks.

Just Energy2015-02-26
  9. "A little disappointed."

Former Freelancer - Independent Contractor in Columbus, OH

I worked at Just Energy for less than a year

Pros

Their ideology of the green company that leaves a smaller carbon footprint on the earth is progressive.

Cons

Their path of least resistance hiring, training and releasing practices could stand to be reevaluated. People have been let go from here in the middle of training, due to uncertified, erroneous and irresponsible background check reports, done by mom and pop generic internet background check companies they choose to use, costing potential employees and independent contractors valuable time which could have been used gaining credible and reliable employment elsewhere, in addition to money and peace of mind.

Advice to Management

Hold on to good people by using Certified BCI and FBI checks. The dime a dozen internet background check companies use basic sources that anyone could use and access. These sources typically only do basic searches on first and last name and maybe a birth year, and anyone who has that info in common will be tossed all together with everyone good or bad, as one person. Use Certified Federal BCI checks. Using anything else is just lazy, reckless and irresponsible which reflects poorly towards your company.

Just Energy2014-02-18
  10. "Fantastic work experience"

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Just Energy for less than a year

Pros

Making a ton of money

Cons

Long hours but well worth it

Just Energy2012-12-14
  11. "Independent Contractor"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Just Energy for more than a year

Pros

High commission per deal and a real world job make you grow up as a person.

Cons

High pressure and you work alone all day.

Just Energy2017-07-18