Just Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
James Lewis and Deborah Merril

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Learning new things about the business n possible ways to earn a lot of money (in 8 reviews)

• Most people say they're really good benefits here but I've had better (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • I became embarrassed from telling people that I worked for a company who run business using door to door / contract signing tactics (in 33 reviews)

• 100% Commission so while you're training and not signing people up yourself you are working long hours without getting paid (in 16 reviews)

1. "Energy Advisor"

Former Employee - Energy Advisor in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Energy Advisor in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the work environment. Super fun. The cre was always lit and hyped to make some money everyday!

Cons

None. I loved every aspect of it.

Advice to Management

Don't mess up on TPV (advise to current and future employees)

2. "Good but stressful"

Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Pricing Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy full-time

Pros

Potential to grow if you work hard, and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Can be a very stressful environment sometimes to the point that you are glued to your desk (no brakes). Didn't feel my work was appreciated, they kept putting more on my plate.

3. "Sales"

Pros

You get good exercise walking door to door. The people there are nice for the most part. Managers are helpful .

Cons

Door to Door sales, poor benefits, lack of real career advancement. They prey on people with no career prospects with a time share esque pitch and dupe them into taking an offer

4. "Professional Bullies"

Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Bingham Farms, MI
    Former Employee - Field Energy Advisor in Bingham Farms, MI

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are pleasant and easy to work with. Lot of team players at this company.

Cons

There are a lot of unfair practices in this company. No one is properly trained or prepared for the energy advisor position; Managers discuss confidential information with subordinate employees causing hostility and embarrassment among coworkers; employees are practically bullied and threatened to perform as expected instead of being properly trained; employees are given a script to follow but are told to alter the script once in the field this is probably why consumers are confused ad tricked into signing up for the product; employees are stressed and constantly in fear of losing their jobs for conditions out of their control; no safety measures are provided for employees who everyday face stray dogs or animals sent to attack them; employees are not allowed to enjoy real breaks and are constantly encouraged to skip breaks to help the company meet quotas; some employees are not properly screened; employees are forced to fulfill responsibilities they were not hired to fulfill such as recruiting and training; new employees are training new employees which explains why no one is properly trained; managers are intimidating and play favoritism with employees; only some employees are reprimanded for behaviors while others are not; the company does not pay bonuses as promised, I had my first 5 submitted sales and then 10 approved but was never compensated for my work. This company needs to be investigated not only for its unethical business practices (employees are encouraged to lie to customers) but also for how it treats its employees. Confidential information about employees should not be shared among subordinates, but kept confidential (allow the employee to share his or her status with other subordinates). Employees are threatened with job loss everyday. This company has the highest turnover rate in history.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises to employees; make sure team leads keep confidential information about employees confidential and target employees who need coaching and not the ones who show potential. high performers do not develop overnight. Stop threatening your employees with unemployment. You barely have enough employees now to help keep the business up and running. New employees leaving before their training days are over. It's time to implement a program that with remedy your turnover rate. Stop bullying your hard working employees who are loyal and have great potential. Seek help from a professional that could help turn your business around. Right now, the office is obviously in jeopardy of being closed and employees rely on their employment with jsyyt energy

5. "Growing company with a lot to offer."

Current Employee - Administrator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Administrator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low cost benefits compared to other large and small businesses.
    Opportunity for advancement.
    They keep you busy, my workday flies by. I love being busy and I never have a lull in my day.
    The teams are diverse, a lot of interesting people to learn from
    Management at my offices are responsive, eager to grow and want to help their employees succeed.

Cons

Payroll for EA's is often messed up. There are tools in place for EA's to know what commissions will be paid that pay period but I'm not sure many EA's know about those tools.
    Sales support needs more staff for their workload.
    Equipment in offices can vary so much, try for consistency.
    EA's miss a lot of work, this needs to be curbed.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great leaders to grow offices.
    Lessen the pressure on TSM's, they have a lot on their plates. Realize that one day of low sales for their teams doesn't define their efforts, abilities or their careers. I know it's about numbers but every team can't be off the charts everyday.

6. "Dissapointing"

I have been working at Just Energy full-time

Pros

Could be a company that if run right would be very profitable at some point.

Cons

Other offices have the vision to succeed, not here with this staff. People are not professional or loyal.

Advice to Management

Hire managers not people who are good at their job and expect them to manage. And if you hire managers, back them up. Legacy issues will doom you if you don't change things immediately.

7. "Horrible place to work"

I worked at Just Energy full-time

Pros

there are no pros for this place

Cons

this company is the worst..the managers are horrible, there is no structure and this company will do anything to mess over customers

8. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company is constantly focused on how to equip the front line staff to succeed. Help is always available for someone who wants to put in the work.

Cons

Being an international company can make it difficult sometimes to coordinate time zones, not a huge problem but the only thing that has been an issue thus far.

9. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees that work there. Always respectable just concerned about their pay and asking sure that it's right. The respect and communication is great.

Cons

Managers have no clue what's going on or how to do the job they are paid for. They want to tell you how to do your job but don't know how to do it

Advice to Management

Learn the role which your paid to do.

10. "New Career"

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Just Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started my new career with Just Energy one month ago, This has truly been a blessing for my life. Thanks Jewel

Cons

You will gain a new family.

Advice to Management

Great Job!